twitch/ SDJ speculations

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: twitch/ SDJ speculationsReply
twitch/ SDJ speculations
Posted on: 12.03.2013 by Breanne Penge
Any speculations on how they'll handle switching between the 4 decks in the upcoming upgrade?

Looking at the controller, it's kinda hard to imagine what buttons they'll use to tackle this. Maybe Shift + Cue A / B...?
Breanne Penge
Any speculations on how they'll handle switching between the 4 decks in the upcoming upgrade?

Looking at the controller, it's kinda hard to imagine what buttons they'll use to tackle this. Maybe Shift + Cue A / B...?
Breanne Penge
I would throw money at my screen for a 4 deck Twitch unit

Make it happen Novation. Beef up the current model and let's have it.
Rebbecca Fennell
i wouldnt hold your breath on a 4 deck mapping, theyve opened up midi mapping but for core functions that seems like something they will continue to keep locked to a one to one mapping.

you could always use the sp6 as an extra deck, an x1 works pretty good for mapping to sp6 controls.

the only way i see 4 decks being incorporated, is if they add an onscreen deck switch. the new 2 deck view for 4 decks would work pretty good with a 2 deck controller
Maile Dekerlegand
yeah I would love a 4 deck touchstrip controller:
- xone dx mixer layout
- xone dx like soundcard
- 4 touch strips
- banked 16X16 pad sections on either side
- pads the same size/quality as those on ableton push
- long throw pitch faders

first one to release it gets my money!
Breanne Penge
Jeez I hope they incorporate 4 decks. That's one of the great features of the new seratoDJ.

That being said, if they don't do it....I hope novation comes up with a 4 deck, jogless solution.
Maile Dekerlegand
you believe they will map it to 4 decks? I assumed they will limit it to two decks and copy the twitch itch layout as close as they can.
(i've assumed wrong before though, I thought the VCI400 would surely get slicer mode but not so...)

I'm betting it ends up being two deck only.

Continuing the speculation, I reckon the tricky bit will be the effects given that SDJ's two FX units both have four knobs each.
At best they could map one full FX unit out but would have to sacrifice the dedicated Aux knob.

Also fader FX, having mapped a hacky version of this in traktor it soon becomes apparent you really need the FX to be setup for this. Assuming they copied Itch closely and left the 'beats' multiplier on the encoder what maps to the fader? dry/wet, param 1/2/3? I fear they may just leave it out.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy