Serato DJ compatability loop hole

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Serato DJ compatability loop holeReply
Serato DJ compatability loop hole
Posted on: 17.03.2013 by Benjamin Sieh
Say I own an NS6 and use serato DJ.
If I were to buy a lesser controller like a mixtrack pro (that requires that you upgrade your serato DJ license to use).
Would it work without me having to midi map it, regardless of my license simply because the NS6 has already activated the software?
Season Ashbury
Originally Posted by lucidstrings
If you have your ns6 plugged in maybe... Without my ns6 connected it looks like a demo version and asks for activation soon as plugged in it comes to life...
Nope. Serato DJ does not work with a second supported controller, can't even map it through midi. Although, I guess the V7 will turn out to be an exception to the rule, when it becomes supported
Julissa Serrone
Originally Posted by Bassline Brine
It might be worth getting in touch with Serato directly about.
I asked one of the mods on the Serato DJ community directly. The Itch SDJ upgrades do not apply to SDJ intro controllers.
Benjamin Sieh
Say I own an NS6 and use serato DJ.
If I were to buy a lesser controller like a mixtrack pro (that requires that you upgrade your serato DJ license to use).
Would it work without me having to midi map it, regardless of my license simply because the NS6 has already activated the software?
Trista Karle
Yeah figured was curious haven't tried mapping my x1 to effects or sp-6 maybe one day will try
Season Ashbury
Originally Posted by lucidstrings
If you have your ns6 plugged in maybe... Without my ns6 connected it looks like a demo version and asks for activation soon as plugged in it comes to life...
Nope. Serato DJ does not work with a second supported controller, can't even map it through midi. Although, I guess the V7 will turn out to be an exception to the rule, when it becomes supported
Trista Karle
Julissa Serrone
Originally Posted by Bassline Brine
I asked one of the mods on the Serato DJ community directly. The Itch SDJ upgrades do not apply to SDJ intro controllers.
Audrey Pinda
Julissa Serrone
nope. for the upgrade controllers you need to pay for the license even if you have an older Itch one.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy