Reliability

Reliability
Posted on: 12.01.2013 by Rebekah Benfield
Is serato more reliable then traktor? I'm a wedding DJ and am looking to see wich is the better option. Wich controller/software package choice would probably be s2 or twitch. Thank you
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by DJ7Star
I do have a Mac Pro! Thankfully. Would you guys recommend creating another user just for djing and have everything turned off?
i tried this
honestly, it was just easier to manually turn everything off myself on a normal boot
Also... dont forget to turn off your ETHERNET card / connection (both of them, wireless and the port)
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by jprime
And I guarantee there's someone out there who has had the exact opposite experience with the same products lol
YOU SIR!!!!...... are correct

never the less to answer the original question
Personally i dont believe its the dj software you mentioned above that would be your biggest problem if you ever had one.
Instead the issue to first correct would be...... is your computer proper for what you want to do

You can have the best software for all eternity but if its controlled by your PC and that sucks
youre just going to blame it on the software.

I kept having recent problems with glitch sounds in my Traktor Pro only to find out, its working fine

i just forgot to turn off two things on my laptop.
Federico Vilas
i've never had issues with TSP and timecode. TSP did however not save my playlist this past weekend I made for a PROM, good thing I set it up on itunes
Fannie Ohayre
Threads like this one http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=67981 have me ready to switch to SSL. The only thing holding me back is all the cue points that I have set on my tracks. Is there any way to carry those over to SSL?
Ngan Shannon
No and yes..
It depend on we hat you got already. Serato will only work on compatible hardware or certified if you don't have it then save you the headache go with what will work on the hardware you have, as for pc or mac I would go for mac which im switching to pc just have to many issues...
Federico Vilas
Serato is the most stable in my experience and I've used

Serato, mixvibes, traktor and even pcdj
Federico Vilas
For weddings this is all you need:

- a good personality
- mixer
- Mic (wireless)x2
- laptop
- iTunes

That's it... other then speakers
Rebekah Benfield
Ok cool thank you
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by DJ7Star
I do have a Mac Pro! Thankfully. Would you guys recommend creating another user just for djing and have everything turned off?
i tried this
honestly, it was just easier to manually turn everything off myself on a normal boot
Also... dont forget to turn off your ETHERNET card / connection (both of them, wireless and the port)
Audrey Pinda
I just turn everything off after a fresh reboot. Never have had an issue on my '11 Macbook Pro beside having shitty needles / scratched records lol
Rebekah Benfield
Nedra Fresneda
Traktor tends to be more problematic on non optimized PCs due to it's higher requirements but it will work fine a C2D and up if you keep a clean system or dual boot. As a general rule for both programs, stay away from OS updates until you are sure your hardware is 100% compatible with it.
Malka Wickerham
Serato will work better with lower spec computers. I have used both on multiple computers. Serato only crashed when I had plugged it into the wrong USB on my mac. Took 5 years for that to happen and was my fault. Traktor was acting shady the first year. My buddy uses Serato on a crap PC laptop with tracks from a torrent site, and he analyzes the files when he loads them into a deck at the club and never has problems(I know he's crazy). My 2 cents.
Halley Wurzer
Like I said in my first post: IMO, you will not have major issues with either on a newish MAC. Not to start pc / mac arguments, but as professional DJ, you should use software / hardware combos that have proven reliability. There are many big-name DJs that rock huge shows with Traktor and Serato; everyone I see uses an Apple computer. Youtube festival videos of A-Trak, Craze, Hawtin, whoever... these guys all rely upon DJ software to rock huge shows.
Libbie Orion
And I guarantee there's someone out there who has had the exact opposite experience with the same products lol
YOU SIR!!!!...... are correct

never the less to answer the original question
Personally i dont believe its the dj software you mentioned above that would be your biggest problem if you ever had one.
Instead the issue to first correct would be...... is your computer proper for what you want to do

You can have the best software for all eternity but if its controlled by your PC and that sucks
youre just going to blame it on the software.

I kept having recent problems with glitch sounds in my Traktor Pro only to find out, its working fine

i just forgot to turn off two things on my laptop.
Breanne Penge
Breanne Penge
Originally Posted by JohnnyDrama
Based on ?
Compared to ?
Owned what ?

Advise like this is personal opinion, but has no value if not based on real facts.
I've own(ed) 2 DVS systems (TSP & Serato)...both had bugs..but have crashed in the early stage.
Now, with proper configuration & hardware...I NEVER had a problem I couldn't solve @ gigs (preparation is key).
I currently own Traktor Scratch pro, scratch live, and ITCH. Had Traktor since version 2.

Using Traktor with a controller, I have had numerous crashes, freezes, and audio glitches. This was initially running an Alienware Area-51m laptop with 2 GB ram & Windows XP.
Using the same laptop with serato scratch live I had no issues....but the comparison is moot since I'd be comparing apples (controller setup) to oranges (DVS setup).

I upgraded my laptop to a macbook pro, dual core 2.4 GHZ, 4GB ram. Using Traktor & controller I still had issues (similar to above, consistent frequency of issues as well). Using ITCH & serato controller: not a single problem.
Using Traktor Scratch Pro on this laptop I have the odd crash & freeze. Using SSL I have had no issues.

Bottom line: I have had issues with Traktor, but not a single issue with serato products.
Dannielle Dingey
I've found serato to be about 1000 times more reliable, yes.
Based on ?
Compared to ?
Owned what ?

Advise like this is personal opinion, but has no value if not based on real facts.
I've own(ed) 2 DVS systems (TSP & Serato)...both had bugs..but have crashed in the early stage.
Now, with proper configuration & hardware...I NEVER had a problem I couldn't solve @ gigs (preparation is key).
Breanne Penge
I've found serato to be about 1000 times more reliable, yes.
Halley Wurzer
I used to have an S4 and never had a single major glitch. Enjoy!
Rebekah Benfield
I did go with traktor, I figured since most people on community s are saying they like it, that that's the one.
Random X
What SB said.

Pick what suits you best!
Halley Wurzer
You're going to get a ton of varied opinions (well maybe not cuz this sub community isn't very active) but IMO, on a newish mac, both Traktor or Serato with a controller should be extremely reliable. A negligible difference depending on certain variables; I wouldn't worry about it though. Pick what you like.
Vickey Fransway
What do you use now and what's wrong with it? Why do you want to upgrade?

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy