MF Pro Super Knob + SSL. XML SYNTAX HELP!!!

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: MF Pro Super Knob + SSL. XML SYNTAX HELP!!!Reply
MF Pro Super Knob + SSL. XML SYNTAX HELP!!!
Posted on: 11.05.2013 by Ciera Louck
Dear DJTT Forumz,

I have been trying to edit the xml files imported into Scratch Live for use with my MidiFighter Pro Super Knob.

Where can I find the legend for button numbers and Scratch Live functions?!

Here are some examples:
<Modifier name="ShiftA" event_type="Note On" channel="3" control="0" />
<Modifier name="ShiftB" event_type="Note On" channel="3" control="1" />
<Modifier name="ShiftD" event_type="Note On" channel="3" control="3" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Delete A" channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="0" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Delete B" channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="1" />
<Control name="Effect Button 1 1" channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="4" />

I want to know all the possible channels, event types and control numbers. Are they listed somewhere?

Many thanks in advance

-Loop
Krystyna Veness
Originally Posted by infiniteloop
Dear DJTT Forumz,

I have been trying to edit the xml files imported into Scratch Live for use with my MidiFighter Pro Super Knob.

Here are some examples:
<Control name="Red Hammer Delete A" channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="0" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Delete B" channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="1" />
<Control name="Effect Button 1 1" channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="4" />

I want to know all the possible channels, event types and control numbers. Are they listed somewhere?

Many thanks in advance

-Loop
My advice is to look at some XML files of other midi controllers that Serato or the company that created the controller has supplied mappings for... For example: Native Instruments Kontrol X1 or Vestax VCI-380. There is a lot to learn by looking at those XML Files. Also, do a search on the net... Many folks out there have come up with a ton of the hidden syntax that you would normally not see in the standard XML files. A site to look at is www.poweronplay.com The creator of the site, JJ, is a wiz at midi mapping.

-Tommy C
Ciera Louck
Dear DJTT Forumz,

Here are some examples:

Many thanks in advance

-Loop
Breanne Penge
Not sure if it helps, but here's my trigger finger layout & XML file

http://www.viperfunk.com/Trigger_Finger_JP.xml
Krystyna Veness
Originally Posted by infiniteloop
Dear DJTT Forumz,

Here are some examples:

Many thanks in advance

-Loop
My advice is to look at some XML files of other midi controllers that Serato or the company that created the controller has supplied mappings for... For example: Native Instruments Kontrol X1 or Vestax VCI-380. There is a lot to learn by looking at those XML Files. Also, do a search on the net... Many folks out there have come up with a ton of the hidden syntax that you would normally not see in the standard XML files. A site to look at is www.poweronplay.com The creator of the site, JJ, is a wiz at midi mapping.

-Tommy C

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy