VCI-400 ean golden edition

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: VCI-400 ean golden editionReply
VCI-400 ean golden edition
Posted on: 08.02.2012 by Shante Lemense
Anyone know when they are coming out with this??

Words cannot describe how excited i am for this. I have my money on my debit card ready to send to DJTT. I literally am on the edge of my seat every time i am away from the internet because im wondering if i got the email from DJTT saying it is availible, and dont want to miss it.

So yea..... anyone know??
Ruiz dB
Originally Posted by synthet1c
you can stick upto 5 innofaders in the vci-400 which are the best faders on the market, although they are the most expensive..
I just got word directly from Elliot Marx, that this is not true. The Innofader / Innobender does not fit in the VCI-400... CF-X2 is the only option so far...
Sarai Suchman
Originally Posted by sonnychhokar
Hello Everyone....i'm a first time poster, so i apologize if this has been repeated

Recently got a VCI 400 SE. I've been strictly a bedroom DJ, but have got my first gig coming up.

This being my first gig ever, I have no idea what my set up should look like and/or what i need in the club. I'd like to not look like a fool (before i even start playing music) and am hoping someone could give me a rundown.

Here is what I have:
Mac book pro running Traktor Pro 2
VCI 400se

I don't plan on using any other devices, but i may be missing some key items. I really hope someone can help me with this!! Let me know what other things I need or should request the club to provide. Thank you in advance.

-SC
Umm you have been a bedroom DJ for 1 month total? or u have been using somthing else and just upgraded to the vci400?

I'm going to go on a bit of a tangent here...

Please do not get offended as this is not my intention.

First off, you need to learn to beatmatch...do not use sync...its newbie DJs that use autosync that have no idea of musical structure that give controllers a bad name. YES auto sync is there...and its a tool...to be used when you need to...not as a necessity. 2nd, you should probably find out what the club already has in there...the size of the DJ booth to know if u can even fit your vci-400 into the booth...and if not find work arounds...like 1" cell foam u can put on top of the turntables or CDJS or whatever is already in the club.

Im assuming youll have like 2cdj1000s and a djm800 already @ the club...so in that case all you need is to plug your vci400 into 1 channel of the mixer, using RCA cables...have a few of these in your DJ bag...they are cheap and i usually keep about 2 pairs in my bag and have another 4 at home...and make sure they are under 6' as sound quaility can degrade on RCA longer than 6.

Gigging: This is where knowing how to beatmatch is important because unless you are the first one playing...you will need to be able to beatmatch into the person playing before you. I see so many novice DJs that go out to clubs and believe they are an awesome DJ...yet they sound horrible...they do not know how to mix and just mush songs into each other...and i also see a ton of DJs who just do Intro to Outro mixing. THIS IS NOT DJING!!! espicially if you are using something like Traktor with autosync. This is why a lot of people hate on controllers.

Sorry about the rant...and it is not directed at you.
Kittie Aitchison
photo.jpgphoto1.jpgHere's a couple of EGE / Twitch comparison photos.
Sebastian Schimmer
Jay2 - Are you still happy with your decision switching from S4 to the VCI EGE? If so, what do you like about the VCI, that you didn't on the S4? I'm looking at both closely to upgrade from S2.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by jay2
Here are a few pics of the VCI-400 and the last few images taken with the S4 which I will be selling.

robin loo
Originally Posted by kevz718
Cant believe theres no vids yet showing off traktor slicer mode.. Im dying to see how well they integrated that via the firmware..
it is shown here..

i read that there will be a walkthrough vid sometime this(?) week..
Jeniffer Lupardus
you can stick upto 5 innofaders in the vci-400 which are the best faders on the market, although they are the most expensive..
Nice one. Not too fussed about cost just want a decent crossfader or else I'm not interested!!
Kiyoko Hansey
Originally Posted by thebeatworx
How are the jog wheels on the EGE? I'm really struggling with my VCI-400 (standard) because I was expecting better responsiveness... Meaning, I was expecting to pull off the same scratches as I could with my S4, expecially since this is Vestax's flagship controller. I've owned a VCI-300 and loved the integration with ITCH... But if I can't get a similar response with the VCI-400, I may return it. DJTT did a firmware upgrade to the VCI-100 to improve this... Did they incorporate this into the EGE?

I know most people on here are EDM DJ's or controllerists... but turntablists need love too!
Running the EGE with default settings in Traktor 2 on a Mac, the jog wheels are not so great. I've been asking around about this issue and it was mentioned that adjusting the settings in Traktor will help. From previous reviews of the S4, it's been mentioned that HID on the jog wheels really makes it a big difference between other non-HID controllers. On another community it was posted that the software can be adjusted for this "lag" but I'm not sure.

I've been playing with a Numark NS6, and while it's on Serato Itch, the jog wheels much more precise. I'm able to scratch and the feel is very precise.

For me I don't believe the EGE really fits my needs as I'm more of a basic turntablist than a controllerist.
Tillie Sliman
Originally Posted by Melba59
Does anyone know if this controller has a built in soundcard? If so, how does it compare to the soundcard in the S4?
Yes. As good if not better. Mine sounds fantastic.
Glynis Mangona
429461_3411157639939_1299949955_3328858_2145378186_n.jpg

shit pic
Ruiz dB
I just got word directly from Elliot Marx, that this is not true. The Innofader / Innobender does not fit in the VCI-400... CF-X2 is the only option so far...
Johnetta Olewine
bring cables, a flashlight and a usb/cd full of tunes if it all goes tits up.
Margy Sith
@Gapout - Thank you for your response and i'm not trippin off your "rant" either.

Background: I've been a bedroom dj for a about three years. Originally, I started with 2 1200s and vestax pmc06 and yes, lol, i can beat match. Before I bought the vci400 EGE, I was using my friend's vci100.

I thought I might have needed a soundcard, but there's one built into the vci 400, so that's taken care of. Thanks again.
Sarai Suchman
Originally Posted by sonnychhokar
Hello Everyone....i'm a first time poster, so i apologize if this has been repeated

Recently got a VCI 400 SE. I've been strictly a bedroom DJ, but have got my first gig coming up.

This being my first gig ever, I have no idea what my set up should look like and/or what i need in the club. I'd like to not look like a fool (before i even start playing music) and am hoping someone could give me a rundown.

Here is what I have:
VCI 400se

I don't plan on using any other devices, but i may be missing some key items. I really hope someone can help me with this!! Let me know what other things I need or should request the club to provide. Thank you in advance.

-SC
Umm you have been a bedroom DJ for 1 month total? or u have been using somthing else and just upgraded to the vci400?

I'm going to go on a bit of a tangent here...

Please do not get offended as this is not my intention.

First off, you need to learn to beatmatch...do not use sync...its newbie DJs that use autosync that have no idea of musical structure that give controllers a bad name. YES auto sync is there...and its a tool...to be used when you need to...not as a necessity. 2nd, you should probably find out what the club already has in there...the size of the DJ booth to know if u can even fit your vci-400 into the booth...and if not find work arounds...like 1" cell foam u can put on top of the turntables or CDJS or whatever is already in the club.

Im assuming youll have like 2cdj1000s and a djm800 already @ the club...so in that case all you need is to plug your vci400 into 1 channel of the mixer, using RCA cables...have a few of these in your DJ bag...they are cheap and i usually keep about 2 pairs in my bag and have another 4 at home...and make sure they are under 6' as sound quaility can degrade on RCA longer than 6.

Gigging: This is where knowing how to beatmatch is important because unless you are the first one playing...you will need to be able to beatmatch into the person playing before you. I see so many novice DJs that go out to clubs and believe they are an awesome DJ...yet they sound horrible...they do not know how to mix and just mush songs into each other...and i also see a ton of DJs who just do Intro to Outro mixing. THIS IS NOT DJING!!! espicially if you are using something like Traktor with autosync. This is why a lot of people hate on controllers.

Sorry about the rant...and it is not directed at you.
Margy Sith

Here is what I have:
VCI 400se

-SC
Kittie Aitchison
photo.jpgphoto1.jpgHere's a couple of EGE / Twitch comparison photos.
Sebastian Schimmer
Jay2 - Are you still happy with your decision switching from S4 to the VCI EGE? If so, what do you like about the VCI, that you didn't on the S4? I'm looking at both closely to upgrade from S2.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by jay2
Here are a few pics of the VCI-400 and the last few images taken with the S4 which I will be selling.

Cliff Lohman
Was hoping to see a little more in depth.. The official vid glosses over that part pretty quick..

I checked out the mapping description and see its using beatslicer and cuepoints.. Would love to see a vid with traktor screen and the ege controller to see whats going on during the slicer and perf mode
robin loo
Originally Posted by kevz718
Cant believe theres no vids yet showing off traktor slicer mode.. Im dying to see how well they integrated that via the firmware..
it is shown here..

i read that there will be a walkthrough vid sometime this(?) week..
Cliff Lohman
Emanuel Kepics
... nearly 200 posts on a single thread covering dozens of different topics already. VCI-400 topic needs it's own subcommunity .
Jeniffer Lupardus
Nice one. Not too fussed about cost just want a decent crossfader or else I'm not interested!!
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
Jeniffer Lupardus
Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade the fader on the VCI 400 to the Vestax CF-X2 as you can with the VCI 300 and 380?
Emanuel Kepics
Still can't power mine up due to missing power supply adapter but meanwhile, I have a question.

Is it possible to access the VCI-400's soundcard from mutiple programs (Traktor/ Maschine/ Live etc) at once?
Charmain Liesegang
Agreed, control of the platter needs to be tighter. This is the only thing really lacking and seems like it should be able to be fixed.
Kiyoko Hansey
Originally Posted by thebeatworx
How are the jog wheels on the EGE? I'm really struggling with my VCI-400 (standard) because I was expecting better responsiveness... Meaning, I was expecting to pull off the same scratches as I could with my S4, expecially since this is Vestax's flagship controller. I've owned a VCI-300 and loved the integration with ITCH... But if I can't get a similar response with the VCI-400, I may return it. DJTT did a firmware upgrade to the VCI-100 to improve this... Did they incorporate this into the EGE?

I know most people on here are EDM DJ's or controllerists... but turntablists need love too!
Running the EGE with default settings in Traktor 2 on a Mac, the jog wheels are not so great. I've been asking around about this issue and it was mentioned that adjusting the settings in Traktor will help. From previous reviews of the S4, it's been mentioned that HID on the jog wheels really makes it a big difference between other non-HID controllers. On another community it was posted that the software can be adjusted for this "lag" but I'm not sure.

I've been playing with a Numark NS6, and while it's on Serato Itch, the jog wheels much more precise. I'm able to scratch and the feel is very precise.

For me I don't believe the EGE really fits my needs as I'm more of a basic turntablist than a controllerist.
Ruiz dB

Tillie Sliman
Originally Posted by Melba59
Does anyone know if this controller has a built in soundcard? If so, how does it compare to the soundcard in the S4?
Yes. As good if not better. Mine sounds fantastic.
Glynis Mangona
429461_3411157639939_1299949955_3328858_2145378186_n.jpg

shit pic
Ruthe Picarello
Thanks for help
Its 5 in the morning her now.
But now i can look forward to mixing tomorrow
Charmain Liesegang
Pitch control issues. Goes up and down but not allowing me to have smaller % ranges. DOes not read right on TP2.

SOrry, I know we don't have VCi-400 community .
Johnetta Olewine
y'all need to set up your output to the VCi headphone out. And turn up the monitor out in traktor
Charmain Liesegang
I too am not getting ANY audio from the headphones. Am I not setting something in preferences?
Kiyoko Hansey
Originally Posted by photojojo
I'm not sure about your audio issues, but as far as your pitch faders are concerned have you reset the pitch faders to 0 by holding shift and centering the faders?
I done this many times as it seems like the faders are easily set out of sync. Works pretty well to get the faders back in sync.
Leeanna Ayla
I'm not sure about your audio issues, but as far as your pitch faders are concerned have you reset the pitch faders to 0 by holding shift and centering the faders?
Ruthe Picarello
I got the VCI-400 ean golden edition today.
Was really looking forward to use it on work toevening .
But offcourse somethings went wrong :-/

I have some issues with the pitch control.
Cant seem to pitch the songs to go faster, just slower.
If the pitch control is at max speed the song is playing the original tempo.
If the pitch control is at neutral (normally 0,0% pitch) the song goes slower then the original tempo.
So the whole range of the pitch control makes the song goes slower.

And i cant get any sound whatsoever out of the headphones connected to the VCI-400.

In the audio setup in traktor i can use Vestax VCI-400 (ASIO) or Vestax VCI-400 (WASAPI (Shared Mode)).
The only difference with these settings is that i have to manually choose the output routing if im in (WASAPI (Shared Mode)).
Audio-Setup.jpg

When installing the VestaxASIO_v152 driver i dont seem to get i right?

Checking the device recognition in device manager.

Under the sound video and game controllers:
I only got a driver called Vestax VCI-400 Audio.
In the install guide its says USB Multi-Interface Driver

Vestax DFU:
I dont get it at all.

Vestax DJ Controller:
This is the only of these 3 steps that seems to be in order.
Device-Manager.jpg

I have tried to install/uninstall several times.
With the driver from the cd and from westax home page.
Rebooting my computer after each step.
Its the same story every time.

Anybody who knows how i fix this?
Charmain Liesegang
Ok, restart got it goin.

now to tinker!
Charmain Liesegang
Got things somewhat working, cant get VCI to show up in the Audio/ midi screen
Charmain Liesegang
I seem to be having issues.
I turned on the VCI, some lights came on but, nothing great. I expected it to at least light up the lights in a quick lil display or something likethe DDJ-T1.

Anyway, I did the firmware, tsi file and everything. I cannot even get the controller to show up in the Audio/Midi setup. and I am not getting any action from traktor at all. I'm sure it is simple. help.
Kiyoko Hansey
I haven't spent much time on the EGE, right now I'm running into an issue where my Mac has a weird problem with my 27" monitor. Keeps displaying the screen slightly off when I used the display port, adjust it, then returns again off center.

A few minor things, I'm kinda of surprised that the bottom of the controller is all plastic (or appears to be plastic?). Also the browser dial feels weak compared to the other knobs.

I was expecting something like the 05-ProII, just got to be careful with this controller.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy