Should I pick 1 up?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Should I pick 1 up?Reply
Should I pick 1 up?
Posted on: 19.01.2012 by Arlean Garritano
So I already have an s4 w/midi-fighter + x1, but for some reason I've been getting an urge to pick up a vci-100 se. Am I being a gear whore? or Am I being retarded? lol

If yes, how's the jogwheels and pitch fader for beatmatching and how do they compare to the s4? I do manual beatmatching, A-B. and how's the headphone cue volume levels//clarity?

thx.
Arlean Garritano
Originally Posted by moss2626
Depends on what you're looking for . I had a kontrol s4 , sold it . Didn't like it for a few reasons : 1- built quality , 2- not really customizable (for what im looking for) , 3- I don't use 4 decks . Maybe sometimes when im doing a crazy mash-up or something , but that's not often .

Got myself a vci 100 SE . Best decision i ever made . Feels quality , all metal , knobs are not wobbly ... And it's more compact

Good thing about the vci 100 is that it doesn't have a sound card . You can choose the quality you want and it's upgradable at any given time . (I personally use an audio 2 dj)

About your question on manually beatmatching with the vci : With firmware 1.4 , it's really precise , pretty much the same as the s4 .
so the beatmatchin is precise as the s4? and how about the cue headphone volume?
Arlean Garritano
Originally Posted by Conall
dont really see the point in getting a vci if you already have an s4.
i just wanna try it out and see what all the hype is about lol
Arlean Garritano
So I already have an s4 w/midi-fighter + x1, but for some reason I've been getting an urge to pick up a vci-100 se. Am I being a gear whore? or Am I being retarded? lol

If yes, how's the jogwheels and pitch fader for beatmatching and how do they compare to the s4? I do manual beatmatching, A-B. and how's the headphone cue volume levels//clarity?

thx.
Fred Offill
The volume is louder with my audio 2 dj than a kontrol s4 . (from my test , and I don't know why)

I can confirm that beatmatching is really precise with it . I was able to beatmatch as easily as a kontrol s4 or a pair of decks .

I can't recommend this controller enough . Not only is it good , but it's a part of djranking s .
Arlean Garritano
Originally Posted by moss2626
Depends on what you're looking for . I had a kontrol s4 , sold it . Didn't like it for a few reasons : 1- built quality , 2- not really customizable (for what im looking for) , 3- I don't use 4 decks . Maybe sometimes when im doing a crazy mash-up or something , but that's not often .

Got myself a vci 100 SE . Best decision i ever made . Feels quality , all metal , knobs are not wobbly ... And it's more compact

Good thing about the vci 100 is that it doesn't have a sound card . You can choose the quality you want and it's upgradable at any given time . (I personally use an audio 2 dj)

About your question on manually beatmatching with the vci : With firmware 1.4 , it's really precise , pretty much the same as the s4 .
so the beatmatchin is precise as the s4? and how about the cue headphone volume?
Arlean Garritano
Originally Posted by Conall
i just wanna try it out and see what all the hype is about lol
Fred Offill

Inez Marcinik

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy