LED/midi behavior issues?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: LED/midi behavior issues?Reply
LED/midi behavior issues?
Posted on: 12.12.2011 by Della Kalender
Hey has anyone had an issue where the led behavior for certain buttons is not working? My faderfx mode button stays green all the time and doesn't indicate if it's enabled or not. This also happens with the blue led for the sync buttons occasionally. Also is the red light next to the fx presets supposed to change? Mine stays on no. 3 all the time. Additionally ive been noticing if i press a fx preset button and a headphone cue button simultaneously (to load the preset) the song will occasionally jump back 16 bars. Also when using different controllers to trigger fx i have to press the given button twice to get the effect to enable, was wondering if this is normal. (for example if i press slice on vci the song slices, then if i press filter 92 on MF, it loads the fx into the slot but does not turn it on until i press again. Then in order to get slice to work again i have to press once to load and again to enable) Using 1.4 fw. 4.0 mapping, newest version of tp2 and a mf +x1. And yes i tried importing/reimporting the mappings many times (big button for vci, little button for mf) and restarted traktor

(I realize i posted this in the 4.0 thread but im not sure if that was the right place since nobody responded)

After alot of troubleshooting (led test, new usb hub, different mappings) i believe it has something to do with the midi signals between the MF and the vci. When i use the VCI alone it works perfect but after adding the MF and pressing some sanwas i start getting the issues described above. I see that the VCI works on midi channels 1,2 and 3 and the MF is all on 3. How can i change one of them so they dont overlap without losing mapping functionality?

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Much thanks
Evelyn Navarijo
Originally Posted by flipdiddlin
Hey has anyone had an issue where the led behavior for certain buttons is not working? My faderfx mode button stays green all the time and doesn't indicate if it's enabled or not. This also happens with the blue led for the sync buttons occasionally. Also is the red light next to the fx presets supposed to change? Mine stays on no. 3 all the time. Additionally ive been noticing if i press a fx preset button and a headphone cue button simultaneously (to load the preset) the song will occasionally jump back 16 bars. Also when using different controllers to trigger fx i have to press the given button twice to get the effect to enable, was wondering if this is normal. (for example if i press slice on vci the song slices, then if i press filter 92 on MF, it loads the fx into the slot but does not turn it on until i press again. Then in order to get slice to work again i have to press once to load and again to enable) Using 1.4 fw. 4.0 mapping, newest version of tp2 and a mf +x1. And yes i tried importing/reimporting the mappings many times (big button for vci, little button for mf) and restarted traktor

(I realize i posted this in the 4.0 thread but im not sure if that was the right place since nobody responded)

After alot of troubleshooting (led test, new usb hub, different mappings) i believe it has something to do with the midi signals between the MF and the vci. When i use the VCI alone it works perfect but after adding the MF and pressing some sanwas i start getting the issues described above. I see that the VCI works on midi channels 1,2 and 3 and the MF is all on 3. How can i change one of them so they dont overlap without losing mapping functionality?

Much thanks
I'm far from knowledgeable about MIDI-mapping, but have you checked your in- and out-ports for both the VCI and the MF? So that they're set to the 'right' device. I know that caused some issues with my VCI.
Della Kalender

Much thanks
Mellie Ouillette
hi,this is my first post.. i'm sorry for my bad english..
i have a vci 100 se firmware 1,3 and i try to change the mappings(the output led mapping particollary)..
i want the color led that work good with "hotcue states".
when i turn on mine vestax the led of the buttons(slice,echo,cue and cup) are yellow.. and when i map the output i have one button yellow,one green,one yellow,one green..and the same for other deck.
i try to change the section of led output.. every number of controller range,and midi range.. was a fu****g work! i lose my eyes,and now i'm here!
my ideal map would be like a s2(with multiple led) and maybe it's not possible.. but is possible,simply, turn off the led when the hotcue is NO select,and turn on(everycolours) the buttons when the hotcue is select?
i read much post,but i can't find the answer..
i see that with upgrade firmware something is better(maybe?)..
thanks a lot!
Della Kalender
Yes all 3 controllers I use have ins/outs set to their respective device. Which is causing me to believe there is either a bug (like the ttfx one) or conflict between signals on channel 3.
Evelyn Navarijo
Originally Posted by flipdiddlin

Much thanks
I'm far from knowledgeable about MIDI-mapping, but have you checked your in- and out-ports for both the VCI and the MF? So that they're set to the 'right' device. I know that caused some issues with my VCI.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy