Stable vci-100 for imac?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Stable vci-100 for imac?Reply
Stable vci-100 for imac?
Posted on: 23.09.2011 by Yon Mckesson
I updated my vci-100 to 1.4 the second I got my hands on it I have tried a few different tsi files on my pc & mac with TP & T2 and it just doesnt run smooth the pitch fader is jacked up & the jog wheels are too sensitive. I found some tweaks for the pc combing thru the threads but I have a new imac I want to use this on. Can someone tell me the most stable vci-100 set up please include firmware version, TP or TP2 & link to tsi file for mac.

I have been running non-stop and just have not had time to figure it out and I am new to Mac so it takes twice as long due to the learning curve. I like the tech stuff but its really about the music and I just want to mix not tweak with the tech stuff right now. I appreciate any help or suggestions.
Yon Mckesson
I updated my vci-100 to 1.4 the second I got my hands on it I have tried a few different tsi files on my pc & mac with TP & T2 and it just doesnt run smooth the pitch fader is jacked up & the jog wheels are too sensitive. I found some tweaks for the pc combing thru the threads but I have a new imac I want to use this on. Can someone tell me the most stable vci-100 set up please include firmware version, TP or TP2 & link to tsi file for mac.

I have been running non-stop and just have not had time to figure it out and I am new to Mac so it takes twice as long due to the learning curve. I like the tech stuff but its really about the music and I just want to mix not tweak with the tech stuff right now. I appreciate any help or suggestions.
Yon Mckesson
Still having problems

I tried T2 with the 1.4 TSI same problem with the pitch bend.

I forgot about the x fader adjustment on the back of the vci so thats fixed. Sorry have a newborn and you will lose your mind along with your sleep!!

Anyone have a TSI file they would mind sharing that fixes these problems?

I like the solid build of the vci but this is becoming a headache believeing about selling this and getting a controller from NI if I cannot get this fixed soon.
Lorelei Przybylowicz
That's because the default pitch range when you load the DJ TT TSI file is +/- 100 - go into Preferences and lower the pitch range if you want it to visually match better or you could change the Midi settings for the controller
Yon Mckesson
Using the VCI pitch fader it does not move much in the software it barely moves even though I have the slider all the way up/down so I cannot adjust the bpm without using the mouse to slide pitch in the software in traktor pro. My pc was doing the same thing but someone posted a fix on djtt that made it work better. Thanks for the jogwheel tip I was not aware of that adjustment.
Lorelei Przybylowicz
There should be no difference between using the VCI 100 on a Mac vs Windows - it's just how you have the Traktor set up.

There are jog wheel adjustment knobs at the back of the VCI 100 and what's the problem with the pitch fader?

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy