Removing an overlay and opinions on V3 Map vs V4 Map

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Removing an overlay and opinions on V3 Map vs V4 MapReply
Removing an overlay and opinions on V3 Map vs V4 Map
Posted on: 08.03.2012 by Elida Vencil
Hey all, i just purachased my first midi controller (and Traktor Pro 2).

I bought a used Black VCI-100 which has been upgraded to firmware 1.4 and has a V3 Overlay on it plus a chip which he described "adds more resolution and Midi notes to the controller's knobs and jog wheels."

I haven't received it yet so I don't know the big differences between the V3 midi map and the V4 but i feel like the V4 is more popular so I wanted to get a V4 overlay. Problem is that I don't know how removing the V3 overlay will go, I feel like it will be like peeling a sticker which is a delicate process if one doesn't wanna get all the sticky residue everywhere.

So my questions are:

has anyone removed an overlay? How did it go? Any advice?

and

Which map do you prefer and why? V3 or V4?

Thanks so much!
Layne Koop
Originally Posted by silman
Same advice as with any DIY project: go slow, curse often.

I tinkered with the V3 mapping...but never really invested in it.
So, the upgrade to the V4 did not required un-learning anything. At this point, I'm sticking with the V4 mapping.
Elida Vencil
Hey all, i just purachased my first midi controller (and Traktor Pro 2).

I bought a used Black VCI-100 which has been upgraded to firmware 1.4 and has a V3 Overlay on it plus a chip which he described "adds more resolution and Midi notes to the controller's knobs and jog wheels."

I haven't received it yet so I don't know the big differences between the V3 midi map and the V4 but i feel like the V4 is more popular so I wanted to get a V4 overlay. Problem is that I don't know how removing the V3 overlay will go, I feel like it will be like peeling a sticker which is a delicate process if one doesn't wanna get all the sticky residue everywhere.

So my questions are:

and

Thanks so much!
Della Kalender
I recently completed an arcade mod with new v4 overlay. Honestly one of my sides was already coming off so I just slowly pulled it off, just be careful, really sticky. Also use a razor to scrape excess old ahesive
Fred Offill
I had an overlay on my vci 100 and I bought a new one because it was damaged when i did the arcade mod. All I did is stick it on top of the old one and it worked perfectly. Doesn't look like it has 2 overlay's
Layne Koop
Same advice as with any DIY project: go slow, curse often.

I tinkered with the V3 mapping...but never really invested in it.
So, the upgrade to the V4 did not required un-learning anything. At this point, I'm sticking with the V4 mapping.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy