VCI 100 1.4 firmware, I only want high resolution pitch faders, thats all!

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI 100 1.4 firmware, I only want high resolution pitch faders, thats all!Reply
VCI 100 1.4 firmware, I only want high resolution pitch faders, thats all!
Posted on: 04.08.2012 by Eula Drane
Hey everyone

Ive just finally updated my firmware to 1.4 on my vci 100.

The only reason I wanted to do this was because I couldnt beat match without the high resolution faders.

I had a mapping that I really liked before and is completely my own custom one, but now my pitch faders and jog wheels dont work.

Does anyone know what to do once youve updated to fix these things back to normal, just so I can have the high resolution faders

Thanks

Alex
Jessika Kienast
Originally Posted by Kensic
thank you sir the explanation. i have the regular VCI....no wonder i could never never match the BPM on 1 deck with another....it would just skip. if i want it at 128...it would skip from 127.84 to 128.21 as an example.

so is this option available on regular vci? gotta search up on this
Even if they're exactly the same, if the Sync function's off, you'll still need to nudge the jogwheel now and then when doing long mixes and if you're using the Sync function, then it shouldn't matter at all.

And yes, this high resolution ability is available on any VCI-100 with the firmware upgrade to version 1.4.
Julian Ispas
Originally Posted by DJQA
High resolution when referring to MIDI controllers means anything above 7-bit precision, which is what you get with a standard MIDI CC message. At 7 bits, let's say you have a +/-8% pitch range in use, the steps in pitch when the fader is moved will be approximately 0.13% at a time. This is manageable but not very precise compared to CDJs and turntables, and will get progressively worse if you make the pitch range wider. Most 'high-resolution' faders claim to be 14-bit, but that's simply the length of the message that they send, not actual precision. Most will have 10-bit A/D converters, which will get you 0.016% steps with a +/-8% pitch range.

thank you sir the explanation. i have the regular VCI....no wonder i could never never match the BPM on 1 deck with another....it would just skip. if i want it at 128...it would skip from 127.84 to 128.21 as an example.

Eula Drane
Hey everyone

Ive just finally updated my firmware to 1.4 on my vci 100.

The only reason I wanted to do this was because I couldnt beat match without the high resolution faders.

I had a mapping that I really liked before and is completely my own custom one, but now my pitch faders and jog wheels dont work.

Does anyone know what to do once youve updated to fix these things back to normal, just so I can have the high resolution faders

Thanks

Alex
Jessika Kienast
Originally Posted by Kensic

Even if they're exactly the same, if the Sync function's off, you'll still need to nudge the jogwheel now and then when doing long mixes and if you're using the Sync function, then it shouldn't matter at all.

And yes, this high resolution ability is available on any VCI-100 with the firmware upgrade to version 1.4.
Julian Ispas
Originally Posted by DJQA
High resolution when referring to MIDI controllers means anything above 7-bit precision, which is what you get with a standard MIDI CC message. At 7 bits, let's say you have a +/-8% pitch range in use, the steps in pitch when the fader is moved will be approximately 0.13% at a time. This is manageable but not very precise compared to CDJs and turntables, and will get progressively worse if you make the pitch range wider. Most 'high-resolution' faders claim to be 14-bit, but that's simply the length of the message that they send, not actual precision. Most will have 10-bit A/D converters, which will get you 0.016% steps with a +/-8% pitch range.

Melinda Wubben
Julian Ispas
what is high resolution pitch faders?

anyone care to explain to a noob with these termalogy
Jessika Kienast
I don't understand why it's not possible to beatmatch without having the two BPMs exactly the same. That little bit of difference with the 1.3 and before VCI-100s (I'm still using the 1.3 version) which usually goes around 0.3 - 0.5 shouldn't make it impossible to keep in time for long mixes as long as you don't concentrate too much on the chicks or drinking and nudge the jogwheels once in a while. Although digital DJ software is widely accepted now, it's still nice to let the crowd see that the DJ's actually doing something.
Melinda Wubben
Check out the documentation for the 1.4 FW, the MIDI messages have changed. Pitch faders send the pitch bend message on two separate channels, and jog messages have been moved to another channel (can't remember the details by heart).

Here: http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...l=1#post160905
Eula Drane
In traktor 3 they worked exactly how I liked them, but I cant get them the same now. this is what they did before :

With the 'vinyl mode' button on, then turning the jog wheel would scratch/scroll through the track, and the outer edge would pitch bend.

Then with the 'vinyl mode' button off, you could scroll through the track when the decks werent playing, but when they were playing, the jog wheel would just act like th eouter ring, pitch bending!

How do I do this?
Germaine Bernadin
Ja............ just relearn. This is what I did.......... works like a charm.
Meg Reinoehl
Try re-learning the fader/jogwheel controls in Traktor.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy