Deck 2/4 not responding

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Deck 2/4 not respondingReply
Deck 2/4 not responding
Posted on: 02.12.2013 by Nicolasa Schildwachter
All of a sudden (of course) deck 2/4 jogwheel and cue function don't. Press play arcade button and nothing happens. Tried reloading mapping, no joy. Noticed on the instructions that come with mapping that under Device Set up, regarding Ports, it should read VCI, however it always changes to Generic Keyboard and In Port reads Generic Keyboard and the Out Port is greyed out N/A. Stuck badly, been hours trying to solve this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Armando Waithour
first of all: i use an older traktor version (1.2.7) and the layout and command names vary from the latest version of traktor. little differences don
Armando Waithour
controller_d6ac58dacf_3bca4ce1a5.jpg

first of all:
when in-port says keyboard, you selected the keyboard mapping!
and because your keyboard has no LEDs it doesn
Armando Waithour
first of all: i use an older traktor version (1.2.7) and the layout and command names vary from the latest version of traktor. little differences don
Armando Waithour

first of all:
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour

first of all:
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour

first of all:
Armando Waithour
Nicolasa Schildwachter
Screen shot 2013-12-05 at 15.25.34.jpg

As I am not a midi professor, I don't know if the above setting is normal, although no other Decks have the exact same duplicate set, which makes me believe this duplication could be causing the conflict. Just a thought.
Armando Waithour

first of all:
Nicolasa Schildwachter
All of a sudden (of course) deck 2/4 jogwheel and cue function don't. Press play arcade button and nothing happens. Tried reloading mapping, no joy. Noticed on the instructions that come with mapping that under Device Set up, regarding Ports, it should read VCI, however it always changes to Generic Keyboard and In Port reads Generic Keyboard and the Out Port is greyed out N/A. Stuck badly, been hours trying to solve this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour
here is another link about basic midi mapping in traktor you should read.

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...nsive-Tutorial
Armando Waithour
i copied some general information about the vci 100 you should know and maybe you can find out which firmware is loaded on your vci!

the jog wheel touch sensor turns off when the wheel stops turning, not when you release your finger.

Version 1.2
-VCI-100's with a green sticker on the back are firmware version 1.2
- this version solved the ramp up problem but still has several bugs including
* the fourth FX buttons send out the same midi message as the right headphone cue button.

Version 1.3
The firmware found in all VCi-100SE controllers that was designed by Ean Golden.

You can tell if you have 1.3 by following these steps.

1) connect your vci-100 to a computer but dont start traktor.

2) Click the button that is at the top right hand corner of the left jog wheel (its next to the filter knob for deck A).

3) If this button's light toggles on and off then you have 1.3 (the same button on the right deck will not toggle on and off.

Here are a few of the changes made in 1.3

general improvements:

* Eliminated the problem where the 4th FX buttons trigger other buttons (cue)
* added midi in functionality to the loop buttons
* added a note on to the jog wheel in scroll mode

performance:

* turned the filter knobs into double knobs (0-127 on the left and right side)
* added a "freeze function" to the bottom of each fader and top of the fx knobs. this sends out a 127 message only at the end of the movement
* added inverted messages to the faders (this allows an effect to be turned on by turning the fader down- not possible otherwise)
* added unique values to the FX buttons (these were used for direct FX selection- now added in Traktor Pro)
Which firmware version does your VCi-100 have?
Version 1.1
the firmware with the "ramp up problem"

the jog wheel touch sensor turns off when the wheel stops turning, not when you release your finger.

Version 1.2
-VCI-100's with a green sticker on the back are firmware version 1.2
- this version solved the ramp up problem but still has several bugs including
* the fourth FX buttons send out the same midi message as the right headphone cue button.

Version 1.3
The firmware found in all VCi-100SE controllers that was designed by Ean Golden.

You can tell if you have 1.3 by following these steps.

1) connect your vci-100 to a computer but dont start traktor.

2) Click the button that is at the top right hand corner of the left jog wheel (its next to the filter knob for deck A).

3) If this button's light toggles on and off then you have 1.3 (the same button on the right deck will not toggle on and off.

Here are a few of the changes made in 1.3

general improvements:

* Eliminated the problem where the 4th FX buttons trigger other buttons (cue)
* added midi in functionality to the loop buttons
* added a note on to the jog wheel in scroll mode

performance:

* turned the filter knobs into double knobs (0-127 on the left and right side)
* added a "freeze function" to the bottom of each fader and top of the fx knobs. this sends out a 127 message only at the end of the movement
* added inverted messages to the faders (this allows an effect to be turned on by turning the fader down- not possible otherwise)
* added unique values to the FX buttons (these were used for direct FX selection- now added in Traktor Pro)"

the latest and last firmware of the vci100 is 1.4!
here is a link with information about the update:

http://www.djranking s.com/2010/09/1...-1-4-hd-updat/

cousin it wrote:
" In the Devices section, it always says 'generic keyboard', i change it to 'vestax pc controller', close, save, restart and 'generic keyboard' once again appears. The problem I am having affects only the jogwheel and the corresponding cue and play buttons on Deck B/D. I have no idea how to change or modify, or look at the midi mapping for this control. "

i tried to reply:
- the keyboard mapping is always on top of the "device" row.
- all mappings in the device row are active when in- & out-port are set.
- asked what computer and which traktor version is used.
also it would be helpful to know which firmware is loaded on the vci.
Nicolasa Schildwachter
Screen shot 2013-12-05 at 15.25.34.jpg

As I am not a midi professor, I don't know if the above setting is normal, although no other Decks have the exact same duplicate set, which makes me believe this duplication could be causing the conflict. Just a thought.
Nicolasa Schildwachter
Since the last message, have gone back into it, and realize what you mean regarding the "Device settings, and seeing VCI, under the Generic Keyboard. Fine there, looked at the midi mapping and the Control, Pause/Play for Deck B is locked together with a duplicate setting although there are two different Mode settings. The same Control for Deck A does not have a duplicate setting as B, so in my naivety I believe that duplication could be causing some kind of conflict. But then again, I have loaded Traktor2, which I don't normally use, and the same problem with the Cue/Play button still exists. Dumbfounded.
Nicolasa Schildwachter
Thanks for your response, re-imported the mapping several times, remembered to do it more than once to make sure it loaded properly. The mapping for a Generic Keyboard always comes up when I restart Traktor. The mapping i am loading is 3.6.4
If I open up the Preferences and go to Device Setup, it always opens up with "generic keyboard" which i guess means I am not saving it correctly....pffft!
Have no idea on adjusting mappings to suit my needs and the DJTT one generally suits my needs, hence I wouldn't really know what to look for.
Don't believe the vci is broken, as the buttons are working occasionally, not consistently.
Armando Waithour

first of all:

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy