woot!

woot!
Posted on: 31.12.2009 by Laurel Litchko

number 22!

very easy to assemble, took me about 10 mins lol. waiting to see what the side panel will look like before i paint it =D
robert chanda
Originally Posted by yeshua
What's the best way to remove the arcade buttons from the device? I already broke one of the plastic pipes trying to do so. Luckily there was one extra included in my parts bag.
Best way is to unscrew the top plate and remove all the buttons at once. To remove a particular button you just need to pinch the two retaining clips together to disengage the ratcheting teeth on the button clips and allow you to pop the button out through the top.

Using a thin stick like a toothpick or a small screwdriver, use it to reach into the narrow gap between two buttons and pinch the far side of the arcade button clip. You only need the tool to reach into the small places between the buttons, and you only need one tool if you work from the outside inwards as you can always reach the outer side of the clips with a finger. The only damage you can do is to overflex the clip and cause it to stay depressed, so remember the movement is only slight, enough to disengage the teeth from the top plate.

Really this needs a video to demonstrate, but once you get the technique you can insert and remove the buttons using almost no force and zero damage. If you're straining, you're doing it wrong!
Arlene Schmauch
Originally Posted by doc country
Aiiiight, mine went together with no problems.
I painted it last evening (poorly), and my son put it together this morning...
Thanks Ean and all the DJ Tech Tools peoples!!!

I haven't put the sides on yet, but had to share it... number 89:

Looks awesome! How did you paint the edges of the arcade buttons?!
Claud Balkum
I got it AWESOMEEEEEEEEEE.
I miss 4 screw but it work!!!
Marceline Renteria
I get mine tomorrow. Now to finalise how arty farty it's going to be!
Claud Balkum
I get mine toevening
Anette Botek
Finally just snapped it together (way too many problems with a new console..boo..); plugged it in and reloaded the drumrack I had mapped before and
it's ALIVE! Big ups Midifighter!
Anette Botek
yes thanks... I meant to update this... I talked to Ean and Fats about it earlier in the week. It's all good--a new PCB just arrived a minute ago, and I'm sending the old one back Monday (losing #89,boo, but gaining #120).

Thank you DJ Tech Tools!
Adolf Hit
Hey Doc
Are the midifighter input and output ports still correctly selected in the controller configuration page?

Have you tried the midifighter with any other software since you encountered this problem?
BOUVIER Pascal
mega excited! My midifighter just got delivered to my girlfriend's house! GOING TO FETCH!
Anette Botek
hmmm... unfortunately it didn't work... both the analog and digital inputs are off...
I tried turning them on and off a few times, etc... nothing..
I took the Midifighter apart and put it back together with no problem, but still no MIDI signal at all...
robert chanda
I believe we did - Reboot to Menu Mode and disable Expansion Port Analog Inputs (option #7) and the USB enumeration should go fine. Known issue. I'm working on a fix along with a Reset to Factory Defaults bootup key combo and some MIDI speedups.
Anette Botek
yeah, it's pretty easy to take the buttons apart. I used what ever I could find--a small screwdriver works fine.. Just pop one side up, pull the button a little, and pop the other side--works better upside-down. Once you have them off, use a utility knife and cut X's in a piece of cardboard. Insert the cap-less buttons and spray paint with plastic bonding paint--Krylon, Duplicolor, Rustoleum... I haven't found you need to sand or primer them, but you could... two coats looks fine.. Let it dry over evening .. don't be tempted to touch it like I always am... good luck... Unfortunately mine just stopped working... I'm sure the Dj Tech Tools folks will figure it out...
Lynn Grippen
I also found that the easiest way to remove the buttons was to just pull the top acrylic piece off, disconnecting them all at once. That also gives you a lot more room to engage the clips and pop them off the faceplate.
Adolf Hit
I have a design for an acrylic button removal tool that I have had floating around for a while - should get on to it.
robert chanda
Originally Posted by yeshua
What's the best way to remove the arcade buttons from the device? I already broke one of the plastic pipes trying to do so. Luckily there was one extra included in my parts bag.
Best way is to unscrew the top plate and remove all the buttons at once. To remove a particular button you just need to pinch the two retaining clips together to disengage the ratcheting teeth on the button clips and allow you to pop the button out through the top.

Using a thin stick like a toothpick or a small screwdriver, use it to reach into the narrow gap between two buttons and pinch the far side of the arcade button clip. You only need the tool to reach into the small places between the buttons, and you only need one tool if you work from the outside inwards as you can always reach the outer side of the clips with a finger. The only damage you can do is to overflex the clip and cause it to stay depressed, so remember the movement is only slight, enough to disengage the teeth from the top plate.

Really this needs a video to demonstrate, but once you get the technique you can insert and remove the buttons using almost no force and zero damage. If you're straining, you're doing it wrong!
Arlene Schmauch

Looks awesome! How did you paint the edges of the arcade buttons?!
Hilma Dellosa

Also, why do the arcade buttons have to be inserted in the given order? If I were to remove a button in row 2, would I then have to remove the subsequent buttons to re-install them all?

Just curious, really liking the piece. I am looking forward to where this community is headed!
Nancey Teck
any word yet on when the side panels are up for sale?
Laurel Litchko
zomg! bobble head yoda!
Deedra Burley
Picture of my small set up with my midi fighter.
Anette Botek
thank you thank you... wait til I get the sides on...
Random X
ooops, thanks for that tekki... I'm obviously no code master...
No worries man, you were linking to the page instead of the image.
Lynn Grippen
Yeah, that's looking real nice, Doc. It looks so sophisticated and refined!
Anette Botek
ooops, thanks for that tekki... I'm obviously no code master...
Random X
There ya go.
Anette Botek

Hey Guys,

sorry about the missing screws in a few kits- we didn't bag those at the ranking s office and some of the bags came up short (we will be checking each one from here on out) -If you are missing any parts send us an email to orders@djranking s.com and we will get you out new parts plus a cool gift for the pain right away.

Regarding the soldered clips- apparently a few left the building with this issue but we are checking all boards for this problem now so it wont happen again. It is easy to fix if you have a soldering iron, but we are more than happy to send out a brand new PCB if you dont know how to work one.
Lynn Grippen
Awesome paintjob on that one, man. I kind of liked the clear acrylic and black look, but you may have inspired me to spice it up! And I might try your heated exacto knife trick, that's a good idea. Thanks for posting all the pics.
Danae Dumler
Here it is... still missing screws for the top piece... and hoping for some cool midi mappings. I've got hotcues 1-8 on the bottom two rows; nothing on the top two yet. If you want the blow-by-blow, check it out here http://www.turntablepoetry.com/midifighter/
Danae Dumler
P.S. So are there mappings available for this thing anywhere?
Danae Dumler
I had three bad insertion points and no soldering iron I mean, I have a soldering iron, somewhere, but I have no idea where it is; seriously, how often do you break out the soldering iron? I know, some of you more organized types have all your tools in one box but mine are scattered around the corners of closets and such. Anyway, I couldn't deal with going through closets full of junk to find it and it was 11 pm by the time my painting was done so I couldn't go buy one. So I used a lighter to heat up the end of an exacto knife until it was red hot, then stabbed it in the insertion point and rocked it around a little. Had to do this several times to break through the solder but it eventually worked. I don't recommend this, however; better to just get a soldering iron.... Now I just have to wait until they send me the four missing screws (or somebody posts the type of screw I need to buy)...
Glynis Mangona
i got the usps update today that mine made to a sorting center near here...prolly get it monday.
Madalene Ranjan
Anyone who is missing any parts send me an email to orders@djranking s.com with your address. I will send you the missing parts.
Anette Botek
Woooot!

It's here! Now gimme a minute to hit the store for a couple supplies...
Fredric Lucera
^ i also only got 4 screws in mine also,,,
anyone know the size of the screw and where i might be able to find one? i checked home depot and nothing,,, maybe an electronic parts store?
Deedra Burley
I got lucky number 25. Req, I noticed you said you only received 4 screws as was my situation. Luckily the buttons hold the unit together enough for some play time. Hopefully I will get 4 screws shipped my direction as I already e-mailed djranking s with my scenario. Other than the missing screws all I can say is great things about this unit. I got so many oohs and ahhs at the New Years party I did last evening .
Rohan Felix
Mine also had some insert points soldered shut, 3 of them, #28. I didn't have a soldering iron but luckily one of my friends did. Long story short I finally got it put together and working.
Murray Rollinson
Interesting. Mine took 90 minutes or so to put together. Two buttons couldn't be inserted because the insertion points were soldered shut. Luckily, I always keep a soldering iron handy. I also only got 4 screws. Most of the build time was in finding screws with the right threading.

Looks like #23 was just an unlucky one.
ah well... it works GREAT and looks GREATER!

Midifighter, ftw.
Donnette Parish
tis' amazing
Random X
Nice one lads... Still awaiting my PCB to be able to build it.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy