Help me choose my midifighter!

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Help me choose my midifighter!Reply
Help me choose my midifighter!
Posted on: 17.01.2011 by Tatum Ansaldo
Right, the gearfreak in me has won out over the money worries, so I'm going to buy a midifighter. I need help with my configuration! I'm loving the deckalized mapping so I'll probably go with something similar to ean's, like this

Any better ideas? I know there are some ultra creative people on here so I wanted to ask before I made the plunge!
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by photojojo
Nice! I hope you made it home before you cracked open the beer.
yes!

btw, check out my mapping idea poll. I haz an idea but can't do it myself!

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=24548
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
I couldn't in good conscience let them build it for me, it looks like too much fun!
Tatum Ansaldo
The whole thing (minus the extra buttons) works out at $190 or about
Gilma Marchini
Originally Posted by djberto690
is that a full $499 right there?? or is that a $125 kit
125, the custom includes custom faceplate and additional controls. Switching button cores is easy, I don't have a single regular button on my 2 MFs.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Coldfuzion
Haha you must!

Ooh Congrats! What did you end up going with as the main setup color wise?
Exactly this

with an extra 3 red, 3 black and 1 white buttons for flexibility.
Carlee Pickard
Thanks man, just ordered it! Paid a bit extra for express shipping once it's done, I can't handle following a tracking number for 10 days! I also did what chris suggested and added a couple of extra buttons for more options if I change my mind on mapping. Oh, and a play/pause tee of course, I couldn't resist since I was already paying for shipping...

And as I mentioned before, we are clearly brothers from other mothers. If I am ever in southern cali, I will drop you a line for sure!
Haha you must!

Tatum Ansaldo
That's really nice! I myself am going to do the white / black thing you did with the buttons, but have 14/16 like that, and then the top two right buttons i'll keep as blue/green I believe.

Either that, or full Black with the Matte finish, like the one on the main page store link thingy!

I'm very non-creative with stuff like that, but it's usually because whenever I buy gear it comes looking pretty good already! Although I would love to get my hands on some white X1's (<- shopoholic!)
Thanks man, just ordered it! Paid a bit extra for express shipping once it's done, I can't handle following a tracking number for 10 days! I also did what chris suggested and added a couple of extra buttons for more options if I change my mind on mapping. Oh, and a play/pause tee of course, I couldn't resist since I was already paying for shipping...

And as I mentioned before, we are clearly brothers from other mothers. If I am ever in southern cali, I will drop you a line for sure!
Carlee Pickard
yeh I like your idea a lot having looked at the design again, I believe I'll switch the housings on the black and white rows at the bottom and maybe get a few more red buttons to put red housings on all the white buttons on the 2nd row. As always dude you've been very helpful, thanks a lot!

Update: a very quick photoshop... I love it, ordering now

That's really nice! I myself am going to do the white / black thing you did with the buttons, but have 14/16 like that, and then the top two right buttons i'll keep as blue/green I believe.

Either that, or full Black with the Matte finish, like the one on the main page store link thingy!

I'm very non-creative with stuff like that, but it's usually because whenever I buy gear it comes looking pretty good already! Although I would love to get my hands on some white X1's (<- shopoholic!)
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by photojojo
yes!

btw, check out my mapping idea poll. I haz an idea but can't do it myself!

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=24548
Leeanna Ayla
Tatum Ansaldo

There ya go. Notice the traktor themed lighter
Leeanna Ayla
Pics or it never happened.
Tatum Ansaldo
Just to update, finally arrived this morning after sitting in spanish customs for what seemed like an age (no import tax though )

Just built it sitting at my desk while pretending to be doing something useful and can't wait to get it home!
Vernie Beharry
I couldn't in good conscience let them build it for me, it looks like too much fun!
+1
Leeanna Ayla
Tatum Ansaldo
The whole thing (minus the extra buttons) works out at $190 or about
Gilma Marchini
Originally Posted by djberto690
125, the custom includes custom faceplate and additional controls. Switching button cores is easy, I don't have a single regular button on my 2 MFs.
Julian Vanginkel
Carlee Pickard
Very nice! Congrats !
Tatum Ansaldo
Haha you must!

Exactly this

with an extra 3 red, 3 black and 1 white buttons for flexibility.
Carlee Pickard

Haha you must!

Tatum Ansaldo

Carlee Pickard
yeh I like your idea a lot having looked at the design again, I believe I'll switch the housings on the black and white rows at the bottom and maybe get a few more red buttons to put red housings on all the white buttons on the 2nd row. As always dude you've been very helpful, thanks a lot!

Tatum Ansaldo

Tatum Ansaldo
let me know how it goes!
Leeanna Ayla
Actually it hasn't really yet because I haven't dome much mapping with it. I'm going to mainly use it for FX I believe.
Tatum Ansaldo
ah gotcha, nice and easy then! How are you liking the MF? I know you only got it recently and as a former VCI-100 and current X1 owner I believe you're probably the best qualified for me to ask how it's improved your performance!
Leeanna Ayla
Yeah I show a flash of how I did it in the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X96SmgPI21c

I would recommend the matte top over the clear. I got the clear, but believe the matte will diffuse the light better for a pretty cool effect.
Tatum Ansaldo
oh very nice! I take it that was a DIY thing?
Leeanna Ayla
Tatum Ansaldo
yeh good idea on the buttons, what do you mean by switching the housings round chris?
Leeanna Ayla
I like that. Think about switching the housings around like I did. Maybe order some extra buttons to use different colors together.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy