Help! MidiFighter Glitching!

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Help! MidiFighter Glitching!Reply
Help! MidiFighter Glitching!
Posted on: 09.03.2011 by Yuki Homeyer
Hey guys,

Been running the midi fighter in Traktor Pro with the 4 Bank FX mode enabled and everything was going smoothly for a week or two until my fighter started become unresponsive and glitchy. When I press certain buttons down for super combos, the buttons will trigger, but the effect will continue to affect the specified deck and the LED lights remain on until the button is pressed again.

Another strange thing that has been happening is when the beatmash supercombo is triggered (meaning all four beatmash buttons triggered in succession) and the transpose stretch engages, it gets stuck on until I press the third beat mash button again.

I am wondering if it is a software issue or if it might be a hardware issue, where I need to clean out the arcade buttons or possibly replace them. What would be the best way to go about cleaning the buttons if this is case?

On another side note, I also have a Hercules DJ Control Steel that is having some crossfader issues. When the crossfader is completely all the way to either side, traktor pro registers that the fader is being flicked back and forth and the software representation of the crossfader dances around a bunch.

I am hoping I really don't have to replace either of these pieces of gear because I am not very well-to-do monetarily and I recently got a gig DJing at a local club and I would hate to have to stop because my hardware quit out on me.

Thanks in advance,

Kai Moon Poplar (MoonUnit)
Yuki Homeyer
Hey guys,

Been running the midi fighter in Traktor Pro with the 4 Bank FX mode enabled and everything was going smoothly for a week or two until my fighter started become unresponsive and glitchy. When I press certain buttons down for super combos, the buttons will trigger, but the effect will continue to affect the specified deck and the LED lights remain on until the button is pressed again.

Another strange thing that has been happening is when the beatmash supercombo is triggered (meaning all four beatmash buttons triggered in succession) and the transpose stretch engages, it gets stuck on until I press the third beat mash button again.

I am wondering if it is a software issue or if it might be a hardware issue, where I need to clean out the arcade buttons or possibly replace them. What would be the best way to go about cleaning the buttons if this is case?

On another side note, I also have a Hercules DJ Control Steel that is having some crossfader issues. When the crossfader is completely all the way to either side, traktor pro registers that the fader is being flicked back and forth and the software representation of the crossfader dances around a bunch.

I am hoping I really don't have to replace either of these pieces of gear because I am not very well-to-do monetarily and I recently got a gig DJing at a local club and I would hate to have to stop because my hardware quit out on me.

Thanks in advance,

Kai Moon Poplar (MoonUnit)
Yuki Homeyer
So the compressed air didn't work... it seems like its just a crap cross fader. It wiggles around a bit and if it moves in any way its not supposed to, it glitches.

*sigh*
Yuki Homeyer
yeah I was able to fix my midi-fighter issue through some debugging, but you're absolutely right... I sometimes notice it struggling to process FX fast enough and it tends to lag.

As for the cross fader, I have discovered that it only bugs when there is too much horizontal torque applied to the plastic grip that I use to move it back and forth. Could this mean its time for a replacement fader?

I'll give the compressed air a shot first.

Thanks
Tatum Ansaldo
I've noticed the transpose stretch getting stuck on too, I guess it's a small bug in the very complex modifiers on the mapping. tbh I'd just suggest you avoid the super combos live, they sound funky and all but can be a bit unpredictable!

Regarding the steel, sounds like a dirty crossfader. Have you tried using one of those cans of compressed air they have for cleaning electronics and cameras?
Franklin Momany
I don't have a clue. Could post some more information about your gear? Small details, may help someone else put two and two together.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy