Numark Mixdeck+Midi Fighter=?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Numark Mixdeck+Midi Fighter=?Reply
Numark Mixdeck+Midi Fighter=?
Posted on: 23.02.2011 by Louann Harllee
Hey guys just looking for some clarity.

I just flashed my Midi Fighter with the new firmware and downloaded and imported the Instant Gratification mapping. Everything works awesome there.

Then I go to add the default mapping for my Numark Mixdeck, and everything seems to import fine. I'm using the Mixdeck's internal soundcard which seems to be working nicely.

Anyways the Mixdeck and Midi Fighter are working together in perfect harmony in terms of controlling individual banks (A&B for the Mixdeck, A&B&C&D for the Midi Fighter).

The problem is the mixer section of my Mixdeck. All 4 banks are being funneled into only Channel 2 of my Mixdeck, so I'm left with one EQ and one volume fader which is obviously frustrating.

I also understand I will only be able to control decks A&B with my Numark Mixdeck mixer section.

I have a feeling this is a problem within my Audio routing but I'm unsure of the specifics. Can anyone help?

Thanks!!

EDIT: Of course I figure it out 5 minutes after I post this. Disregard all that^^
Anyone with the same problem I'd be glad to help though! It was pretty simple I can't believe I didn't figure it out sooner.
Louann Harllee
Hey guys just looking for some clarity.

I just flashed my Midi Fighter with the new firmware and downloaded and imported the Instant Gratification mapping. Everything works awesome there.

Then I go to add the default mapping for my Numark Mixdeck, and everything seems to import fine. I'm using the Mixdeck's internal soundcard which seems to be working nicely.

Anyways the Mixdeck and Midi Fighter are working together in perfect harmony in terms of controlling individual banks (A&B for the Mixdeck, A&B&C&D for the Midi Fighter).

The problem is the mixer section of my Mixdeck. All 4 banks are being funneled into only Channel 2 of my Mixdeck, so I'm left with one EQ and one volume fader which is obviously frustrating.

I also understand I will only be able to control decks A&B with my Numark Mixdeck mixer section.

I have a feeling this is a problem within my Audio routing but I'm unsure of the specifics. Can anyone help?

Thanks!!

EDIT: Of course I figure it out 5 minutes after I post this. Disregard all that^^
Anyone with the same problem I'd be glad to help though! It was pretty simple I can't believe I didn't figure it out sooner.
Louann Harllee
Hmm, I'm not entirely sure about this.

When I first got my I just used it with the Deckalized AB mapping just to get the hang of it. When they came up with the new Instant Gratification mapping is when I decided to use them together. I flashed it with the new firmware, and activated 4 banks mode. After that I first uploaded the mapping into Traktor twice to be safe, and then chose the default Mixdeck mapping that comes with Traktor. Some of the functions of the mappings opposed each other (like effects for example) but they both worked fine.

If you have created the mapping yourself, and it works fine without your total control, then it should work fine with it. I suggest watching Ean's video on uploading the Instant Gratification mapping because it seems using a Midi Fighter with another controller may be tricky. I had to upload mine twice for it to actually work. Then again it might just be that the total control that does not cooperate.

This is a lot of rambling haha sorry but I hope it helps. Let me know if you figure it out!
Otha Forgacs
hi i have a numark total control and a midi fighter that Im trying to get connected. I would like the midi-fighter to have the top left four buttons loops/cues 1-4 on deck A. to the right 1-4 loops/cues on deck B. Under A deck C's 1-4 loops cues and to the right of c deck d's 1-4 loops cues. I dont want the midifighter to have any other functions than to play the 4 different decks cue points/ loop points on traktor 1 or 2 pro.The mapping that I use for the midifighter disables buttons on my total control which I would rather use for play/cue/fx etc. Please help me it sounds like you know what your talking about.Thank you

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy