LED Hardware Mod - Adding two LEDs

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: LED Hardware Mod - Adding two LEDsReply
LED Hardware Mod - Adding two LEDs
Posted on: 25.04.2011 by Lorelei Przybylowicz
Hey guys,

I was wanting to add two leds to my MidiFighter one above and one below the PCB.

Having not done electronics for some time I was wondering if it would work. I'd be putting the leds in parallel so same voltage but half the current. Should I drop the resistor size in half to keep the current the same for each led ?

The other believe that I noted in the video was Ean's comment that the section that you short out was "space for a resistor" so should I just put the 220 ohm there instead and no resistor on either of the leds ?

I take it that I can't find the circuit diagram anywhere as that's your hard efforts ? I just have a friend who's an electrical engineer who would help me if they could see it.

The video is here and he mentions the bit about the shorting section around 3m 20secs in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VOWZWFUvMs
Lorelei Przybylowicz
Hey guys,

I was wanting to add two leds to my MidiFighter one above and one below the PCB.

Having not done electronics for some time I was wondering if it would work. I'd be putting the leds in parallel so same voltage but half the current. Should I drop the resistor size in half to keep the current the same for each led ?

The other believe that I noted in the video was Ean's comment that the section that you short out was "space for a resistor" so should I just put the 220 ohm there instead and no resistor on either of the leds ?

I take it that I can't find the circuit diagram anywhere as that's your hard efforts ? I just have a friend who's an electrical engineer who would help me if they could see it.

The video is here and he mentions the bit about the shorting section around 3m 20secs in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VOWZWFUvMs
Lorelei Przybylowicz
DONE !!!

For any of those interested ! I put a 220 ohm resistor on both LEDs.

I put a 5mm blue one on top with the legs poking through the PCB to the bottom, soldered that one to the board. Tested.

Then I got a 3mm blue LED for underneath and tested that by touching it to the bare legs coming through before soldering that one on. Tested !

All good here !

P.S. The most difficult part was shorting the board, I ended up with a lot of melted plastic 1st time around and had to scrape that off to get to the metal connectors again. It was very touch and go there.

Can I ask that for MF v1.3 that you consider changing the design for this mod as that was a bit of a pain and quite a long time for someone with no electronics soldering skills.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy