Just got MIDI Fighter... Just need some help tweaking some things!

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Just got MIDI Fighter... Just need some help tweaking some things!Reply
Just got MIDI Fighter... Just need some help tweaking some things!
Posted on: 25.04.2011 by Scottie Easler
Ok everyone, I just got my midifighter, and I'm primarily using it for effects.

Im using Traktor Pro, with an S4 and a midi fighter.

First thing I did was upgrade the firmware, using that flash program. Then I downloaded the deckalized mapping, and imported it just as Ean did in the Instant Grat mapping video he put up on the site.

Is this all I needed to do to set it up and get going? Or did I miss a big step.

Second, I'm noticing in Traktor Pro, that the midi fighter is only working on Deck A. When I load a song into Deck B, for some reason it's not getting the effects.

Ok Last, Is there any way for me to switch back to the knob way of things? And control effects on the S4 using the top knobs? Basically just wanna be able to switch back and forth real quick.

Some input from other S4/Traktor 2/Midifighter users would be awesome!!

Thanks for the responses ahead of time!!!
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by gacibula
Is the LED on the midifighter always going to be lit (on the top buttons)
Yes. It tells you which of the 4 banks is activated.

Just wondering how I can quickly switch between the S4 controls and the midifighter instant grat mapping.
Don't they work at the same time?
Scottie Easler
Ok everyone, I just got my midifighter, and I'm primarily using it for effects.

Im using Traktor Pro, with an S4 and a midi fighter.

First thing I did was upgrade the firmware, using that flash program. Then I downloaded the deckalized mapping, and imported it just as Ean did in the Instant Grat mapping video he put up on the site.

Is this all I needed to do to set it up and get going? Or did I miss a big step.

Second, I'm noticing in Traktor Pro, that the midi fighter is only working on Deck A. When I load a song into Deck B, for some reason it's not getting the effects.

Ok Last, Is there any way for me to switch back to the knob way of things? And control effects on the S4 using the top knobs? Basically just wanna be able to switch back and forth real quick.

Some input from other S4/Traktor 2/Midifighter users would be awesome!!

Thanks for the responses ahead of time!!!
Tatum Ansaldo
Is the LED on the midifighter always going to be lit (on the top buttons)
Yes. It tells you which of the 4 banks is activated.

Just wondering how I can quickly switch between the S4 controls and the midifighter instant grat mapping.
Don't they work at the same time?
Marva Cupid
Can't u just turn the knob ???
Scottie Easler
Bump, forgot to activate 4 deck mode, so that fixes my problem of going between the ABCD decks.

Only other issue I have is A) Is the LED on the midifighter always going to be lit (on the top buttons) and ummm, Just wondering how I can quickly switch between the S4 controls and the midifighter instant grat mapping.

That's pretty much it

Thanks!!

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy