Latest Batch - Missing Connection

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Latest Batch - Missing ConnectionReply
Latest Batch - Missing Connection
Posted on: 25.04.2011 by Raye Gillaspy
Hi all,
Just a heads up for anyone who have received the latest batch of Midi Fighters. When I was trying to use my MF, I realised the top left button wasn't lighting up. I immediately assumed that maybe it didn't light up because it's usually used for as a 'function' button to enter Menu mode. However, after some testing, I soon realised that the entire button wasn't responding at all. I checked the connections, and there was a missing solder connection on the top left button (couldn't have been ANY other button), so I had to pull out the iron and solder one myself.

Yes, I know, it's a useless post with some story not relating to half of you, but I just wanted to inform others who might be receiving one of the latest MF's. It's also a slight heads-up to the DJTT team- I know you're busy, but a quick check on your part would've saved me an hour or two troubleshooting.

Therefore, if anyone reading this topic has had a 'broken' button, check the connections before you create another topic (like me)!
Raye Gillaspy
Originally Posted by midifidler
Nope - the clips have to be hand soldered - a mammoth task indeed!
Well, now that it's confirmed-
awesome job DJTT for having the patience to hand solder than many clips!
Raye Gillaspy
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
I've always assumed that the actual circuit boards were factory manufactured, hence the fact that MidiFighters are always available in batches of a few hundred. If not, that would be one hell of a soldering job for the few guys that work at DJTT! It was probably a machine error rather than human.
Well, I assumed so myself, but I read somewhere that they did the soldering? I could be wrong however...
Either way- I doubt it'd be too common of a problem.
Raye Gillaspy
Hi all,
Just a heads up for anyone who have received the latest batch of Midi Fighters. When I was trying to use my MF, I realised the top left button wasn't lighting up. I immediately assumed that maybe it didn't light up because it's usually used for as a 'function' button to enter Menu mode. However, after some testing, I soon realised that the entire button wasn't responding at all. I checked the connections, and there was a missing solder connection on the top left button (couldn't have been ANY other button), so I had to pull out the iron and solder one myself.

Yes, I know, it's a useless post with some story not relating to half of you, but I just wanted to inform others who might be receiving one of the latest MF's. It's also a slight heads-up to the DJTT team- I know you're busy, but a quick check on your part would've saved me an hour or two troubleshooting.

Therefore, if anyone reading this topic has had a 'broken' button, check the connections before you create another topic (like me)!
Raye Gillaspy
Originally Posted by midifidler
Well, now that it's confirmed-
awesome job DJTT for having the patience to hand solder than many clips!
Adolf Hit
Raye Gillaspy
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
I've always assumed that the actual circuit boards were factory manufactured, hence the fact that MidiFighters are always available in batches of a few hundred. If not, that would be one hell of a soldering job for the few guys that work at DJTT! It was probably a machine error rather than human.
Well, I assumed so myself, but I read somewhere that they did the soldering? I could be wrong however...
Either way- I doubt it'd be too common of a problem.
Tatum Ansaldo
Raye Gillaspy
I'll try to get some photos up if I can!
Incase I don't, it was just the left of the two soldering connections where the two prongs of the button are inserted on the top left button. I'm assuming I was very (un)lucky and the person who made mine just missed one. That being said however, I wouldn't be suprised if this happened to anyone else.
Tatum Ansaldo
mine took ages to get through customs, I believe it's a bit of a lottery.

OP, thanks for telling us your fix! Could you maybe post a couple of photos of the problem connection so people know how to fix it if they have the same problem?
Genesis Cayetano
Still waiting for mine...

Detailed Results:

Into Foreign Customs, April 19, 2011, 1:31 pm, BELGIUM
Into Foreign Customs, April 17, 2011, 4:56 pm, BELGIUM
Arrived Abroad, April 17, 2011, 4:56 pm, BELGIUM
International Dispatch, April 15, 2011, 12:16 pm, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
Arrival
Electronic Shipping Info Received, April 14, 2011
Raye Gillaspy
Delivered Abroad, April 21, 2011, 8:06 am, AUSTRALIA
At Foreign Delivery Unit, April 21, 2011, 4:39 am, AUSTRALIA
Out of Foreign Customs, April 18, 2011, 8:52 am, AUSTRALIA
Into Foreign Customs, April 18, 2011, 8:41 am, AUSTRALIA
Arrived Abroad, April 18, 2011, 8:41 am, AUSTRALIA
International Dispatch, April 15, 2011, 3:40 am, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
Arrival
Electronic Shipping Info Received, April 14, 2011
A week, and that wasn't even express!
Brent Mcdermot
how long did it take you to get your MF to australia after the shipping e-mail? Im in Aus as well and got shipping e-mail on 23rd have a good long weekend

DJ Vaj

http://soundcloud.com/vajracastles/m...rock-v-s-dukes
Raye Gillaspy
That's 'k, I'm just happy that it was something simple- I would've hated to have to send it back all the way from Australia!
Madalene Ranjan
Thank you for bringing that to our attention. I apologize that you had to go through all that trouble just to get your controller working. I will definitely notify our production team. If anyone else has this problem please contact me at orders@djranking s.com and we can arrange for a repair.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy