midifighter+traktor+win7=bad latency+muffled pop

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: midifighter+traktor+win7=bad latency+muffled popReply
midifighter+traktor+win7=bad latency+muffled pop
Posted on: 10.05.2011 by Yetta Rozinski
I've got my midifighter (instant gratification mode) hooked up to my win7 laptop and all the traktor effects have a really bad latency accompanied by a small amount of muffled pop. makes quick beat juggling sound horrible. it also affects the VCI-300's effects knobs - same problem with the latency and muffled pop.

I've tried reinstalling all my mappings and I noticed if I install the VCI mapping first then the VCI effect knobs work fine, it only happens after I install the midifighter mapping that I get these problems.

I've tried the midifighter in two Macbook pros and it works flawlessly, so my inclination is that it has something to do with the PC version of the mappings. no idea what that could be or how I would fix it?

I tried searching around but I wasn't able to find anything related.

thanks!
Yetta Rozinski
I've got my midifighter (instant gratification mode) hooked up to my win7 laptop and all the traktor effects have a really bad latency accompanied by a small amount of muffled pop. makes quick beat juggling sound horrible. it also affects the VCI-300's effects knobs - same problem with the latency and muffled pop.

I've tried reinstalling all my mappings and I noticed if I install the VCI mapping first then the VCI effect knobs work fine, it only happens after I install the midifighter mapping that I get these problems.

I've tried the midifighter in two Macbook pros and it works flawlessly, so my inclination is that it has something to do with the PC version of the mappings. no idea what that could be or how I would fix it?

I tried searching around but I wasn't able to find anything related.

thanks!
Yetta Rozinski
sample rate was 44100 and latency was 10ms. I had it connected directly to the speakers so I thought I'd test it with my roomate's numark dj io and switched to 88200/1ms now the latency is not noticeable, but there is still a bit of pop whenever I press a button on the midifighter.

sounds a lot better though, thanks for the suggestion. if I could just get rid of that pop I'd be golden.
Tatum Ansaldo
What's your Traktor Latency and sample rate set at?

@Streax, you're in Hitchen? That's only a couple of miles from my place in the UK!
Malcom Gillaspy
Hey there. I have just finished setting up a new midi fighter on a win 7 lappy, latency is good on this one using audio 8 and traktor 2 (<2ms). What's your setup?

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy