New firmware Midifighter-20110204

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: New firmware Midifighter-20110204Reply
New firmware Midifighter-20110204
Posted on: 04.02.2011 by robert chanda
New firmware for the Midifighter availailable at the Sourceforge site:

and through the MFUpdate application:

Mac:

NOTE: Download the .dmg file, open it then drag the application to your desktop before running it. This last step is important because the application downloads the firmware from our servers and executing the app from the .dmg container will fail the download.

PC:

Download the .msi file, right click on it and select "Install" to run the Windows installer. After installation, an application shortcut to MFUpdate.exe will be added to the desktop. The first time you drop your Midifighter into Bootloader mode, Windows may ask to install a driver. Suitable drivers can found in the install directory:
%ProgramFiles%/DJTechTools/MidifighterUpdate/BootloaderDrivers

First make sure you have a working Internet connection then execute the MFUpdate application, press "Update Midifighter" and follow the on-screen instructions for how to get your Midifighter into Bootloader Mode. Updating will take only a few seconds.

New features include:

1. Fourbanks mode has more options: Fourbanks Internal uses the top 4 keys to select banks. Fourbanks External uses the expansion digital inputs as bank select keys.
  2. MIDI implementation now has a fixed layout, "basenote" is no more.
  3. Expansion port buttons and faders always have the same Note and CC numbers regardless of the Fourbanks mode used.
  4. Bank select keys emit NoteOn/NoteOff events when selected.
  5. Menu Mode pages improved and simplified.

More details in the updated Documentation on this board as well as the README.txt file in the Sourceforge ZIP file.
robert chanda
Originally Posted by anthonylomo22
Contacting Djranking s...
unable to open temporary file
read-only system
Did you remove the MFUpdate app from the DMG container?
Leeanna Ayla
Well we know the midi fighter works now and it's a software or maybe firmware issue. Since you can get into 4 banks internal mode I don't believe it's a firmware issue.

Originally Posted by dylooooon
5. Menu pops up that says Import effects, Gui, controller mappings, etc. I select only controller mapping and effects settings.
Try importing everything. It'll wipe anything else you have in there so write down any special settings you have.
Lorelei Przybylowicz
@FatLimey

I've just seen a post with some helpful updates to the MidiFighter source code for someone's mod. It seems like "guywithknife" might be a good person to have a chat with what other bits of coding he's done but he did say it would soon be up on GitHub

Maybe worth adding in the next update ? It's all a bit over my head at the mo

http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...1&postcount=47
Tatum Ansaldo
here to help
Maudie Ellars
Done that and guess what... Cheers my good man!
Tatum Ansaldo
have you enabled 4 banks internal mode?
Maudie Ellars
Hi,
I got my Midi Fighter a week ago in the UK. I have the following:

Macbook Pro 10.6.7
Traktor Pro 2.0.1
Traktor Kontrol S4
Midi Fighter

I have the 1.0.3 tsi file imported correctly as per the youtube instructions ie. installed twice just in case! My problem is that all works well except the top 'bank' keys! They seems to duplicate what some of the others do!! So, along the lines of deleting the tsi(s) from Traktor and reinstalling them I thought I'd try the new firmware.......

I managed to update the firmware using the jumper method as MFUpdate wouldn't work but still the top keys match the bottom ones (bar key 1 which seems to press the first two of the bottom row (I see this via the LED feedback)! I can't use the MF with the awesome tsi.......

Please advise?
Homer Lade
i get this error when trying to update the firmware?

after following the instructions ie unplug, press four corner butt and replug

failed to find midifighter in bootloader mode

Any ideas anyone

Cheers

Ben

PC, Traktor Pro 2, S4, MidiFighter
Erminia Hennis
I got it working no problem

Thanks
robert chanda
OK, you downloaded a container file, called a Disk Image (DMG) file that works like a ZIP file.
you need to open that container and drag the application *inside it* to the desktop. Then launch that.
Colette Marotz
I downloaded the MFUdate then dragged it to my desktop. I dont know anything about DMG? I apologize for my lack of knowledge.
robert chanda
Originally Posted by anthonylomo22
read-only system
Did you remove the MFUpdate app from the DMG container?
Colette Marotz
I am sorry I am new to this. This is the first time I am ever using the midi fighter, and I tried updating it so I can get the mapping and I keep receiving this error. I tried researching and I could not figure how to "install" my fighter. When I tried updating the fighter it comes up with this error

read-only system
flashing midifighter
failed to find a midifighter in bootloader mode
Chin Thoroughgood
tried it in TP2 still nothing....
Is there another way to load in the firmware?
If there is I'd like to give it a try.
Thanks all!

EDIT: it was on the wrong midii channel the whole time (I had it set to 15 somehow?) for anyone that's having issues your MF might just be in the wrong channel

for anyone that needs it ch. 3 looks like:

# . . .
. . . .
. . * .
o . . o

to get here go to menu mode then hit the button on the top left to get to the midi channel section and make it look like the diagram above and it'll hopefully work

as for me...

It finally works!!!!!! ahhhhhhhh yeah kool aide man!!!
Ben Sprayberry
I found that no matter what I did I would always get the libusb0.dll is missing issue when running the Midifighter Update - even putting the file in the right place and trying to register it myself.

Reason I went for the update, was because the MF Instant Gratification mapping would work really well for Deck A (except the top 4 buttons) but for Deck B ... the bottom 4 buttons (ie. the gaters and crusher) they were swapped to the top 4 and nothing else worked. I figured out that the other buttons were triggering turning off the FX units, so the FX were getting the settings applied, just that they were being turned off so nothing happened.

I ended up just painstakingly going through the configuration, removing those commands that did that and now I've got 1 x Midifighter working perfectly with both Deck A and B. And the long and short of it is, I've now had a crash course on Traktor FXs and modifiers and I just want to say kudos to the person who did all those modifiers in the first place.
Jaymie Eve
firmware updated
MF settings in the traktor "settings folder"
Mmmm... nothing happens.
i must have missed something !

thanks for the help

RLP
www.rlpmix.com
traktor pro 1.2.7
Chin Thoroughgood
tried it still nothing...

I also checked all of the defaults in menu mode to see if that was throwin anything off, but everything is in default (except 4 banks internal of coarse)

Is there another way to load the new firmware other than with MF update?

I am really close to just selling the thing because its seemingly more of a pain than it is worth, i really wish it would just work
Leeanna Ayla
Well we know the midi fighter works now and it's a software or maybe firmware issue. Since you can get into 4 banks internal mode I don't believe it's a firmware issue.

Originally Posted by dylooooon
5. Menu pops up that says Import effects, Gui, controller mappings, etc. I select only controller mapping and effects settings.
Try importing everything. It'll wipe anything else you have in there so write down any special settings you have.
Chin Thoroughgood
or perhaps i have my MF on the wrong midi channels?
What channels is it supposed to be in? (does it matter?)
please let me know thanks!
Chin Thoroughgood
Traktor sees it just fine. I can map a few controls no prob, but I REALLY want the instant gratification mapping. In my quest to get it, I must ask if anyone has the midi mapping assignment for the MF in a word or txt document. If I know what button is mapped to what control I could manually remap the controller. On more quick thing... in the controller manager tab of TPS4 i noticed that each deck (ABCD) of the MF has the assignment to Ch03 in the "mapped to" section in assignment table. Also under mapping details the assignment section of each deck (ABCD) is set to "FX Unit 3" I have not messed with anything this is how it loaded when I redid the new firmware and loaded in the tsi (for about the 15th time) is this how it is supposed to be? or is it screwing up for all being on ch 3 and fx 3? (this is original tsi and hex from this site)
Leeanna Ayla
you could use the deckalized mapping or even just try and map a few commands yourself to see if Traktor is really seeing it.
Chin Thoroughgood
alright ill give that a try, where can i find old MF tsi mapping files?
Leeanna Ayla
You can change the midi fighter from 4 banks mode to regular in the menu and load one of the older mappings. Which was going to be my next suggestion.
Chin Thoroughgood
Yeah I am running the 1.0.1 update, I restored it to default settings and did everything else you mentioned, still no luck.
I REALLY appreciate all the help everyone!

Is there another version of the mapping or the firmware that I could try out?
Maybe its not loading correctly? I dont know, everytime I do load the mapping/firmware, nothing gives me an error message it all goes through like it should, just nothing happens in the end.

In the general DJTT folder in my program files (the one where I found the drivers to run the MF) I found other .hex files, they are as follows:
"midifighterHp4220.hex"
"midifighterHp4928.hex"
"midifighterHp5080.hex"
"midifighterHp5972.hex"
Should I try to run one of those?
The one I am using is the new frimware update off this site linked with the Instant Gratification Mapping it's "midifighter-20110204.hex"
Leeanna Ayla
And are you running 1.0.1 of the S4 software? Maybe try a restore to default in the S4 preferences?
Leeanna Ayla
It's a long shot, but check the order of your effects.

Leeanna Ayla
In the effect section of S4 preferences is FX unit routing set to insert and FX panel modes 1, 2 and 3 set to group and 4 set to single? And do you have 4 FX units activated? I'm pretty sure all of your answers will be yes, just trying to narrow it down.
Chin Thoroughgood
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
hmm... try changing one of the mappings' in/out settings to 'all ports' and see if that has any effect.

I must admit I'm struggling to figure this one out, where's FatLimey when you need him!
Tried it, still nothing. I really don't know whats going on but I am getting rather short tempered.
Tatum Ansaldo
hmm... try changing one of the mappings' in/out settings to 'all ports' and see if that has any effect.

I must admit I'm struggling to figure this one out, where's FatLimey when you need him!
Chin Thoroughgood
No , neither one is happening, I tested by loading each effect slot with the same effect (filter) to see if any of them changed in conjunction to the new mapping and nothing happened.
Leeanna Ayla
Are the effects loading when you press the buttons? Are the FX banks being activated when you press buttons?
Chin Thoroughgood
Yeah I imported effects settings and controller mappings into traktor and I am not sure whats wrong so I'll go through it fully fromthe beginning step by step and list the steps and hopefully somebody can find an error in my process.

1. Downloaded the MFUploader and file "midifighter-2011204.hex" from DJTT page.
2. Connected MF in boot mode to windows vista and select drivers from folder location: %ProgramFiles%/DJTechTools/MidifighterUpdate/BootloaderDrivers
3.Launched MFUpdater and because I have been having problems fetching the .hex file with the updater (it maxes out my cpu then freezes) so I simply hit file in the menu, then upload the "midifighter-2011204.hex" then follow the steps to flash the firmware.
4. Fire up TPS4 and import the file: "MF_FX 4Banks 1.0.2.tsi" with the import button on the midi mappings page.
5. I select Ins/Outs to MF for each channel (A,B,C,D) for the 4 deck mapping
6. Reload TPS4 midi mapping in controller manager
7. Get the midi fighter into 4 deck internal mode through the menu and the light pattern looks like this:
. . . .
#. . .
. . * *
* . . *
(# = exit key, . = light off, and * = light on)
8. Exit out of menu and open TPS4.
9. Load a new track to deck A, and select deck A on midi fighter, then....
9. Get Rejected.... LIKE A BOSS

TPS4 is still getting the midi messages because at the top little section that says CTRL is lighting up when I press buttons on the midi fighter, yet nothing happens with the effects. Am I missing something here? It doesn't feel like I am but hey I am no tech tools guru.
Tatum Ansaldo
strange... did you import FX settings with the tsi? And use the ol' big import button?

oh cool, you're from boulder, I've been there. The boulderado hotel has a blackboard and chalk above the urinals in the toilets, presumably for pee height competitions... that's pretty much all I remember
Chin Thoroughgood
I am using thus file: "MF_FX 4Banks 1.0.2.tsi" its the one I downloaded from the official DJTT mappings page, and I have the MF in internal 4 banks mode, I also have the newest firmware to match the new mapping. I dont know whats going on, I have done everything the fourm has said to do to get it working, I triple checked everything and then reloaded everything several times. I still get the same result, traktor is getting the midi signal but nothing is happening with the effects at all.
Leeanna Ayla
Are you using the instant gratification mapping? If so have you switched the midi fighter to four banks internal mode?
Chin Thoroughgood
So i got the firmware updated, got the new tsi in traktor s4, got the MF it in 4 banks mode, and have it routed correctly (midi fighter in/out in controller manager), yet when i push the buttons i get a midi signal recognized by traktor BUT NOTHING HAPPENS WITH THE EFFECTS (i have redone the firmware, the tsi numerous times with no success, I have a PC and everything else works great.
Somebody PLEASE HELP ME!
Kristofer Krauel
Nevermind. Somehow sorted but as with most things connected with my laptop i have no idea how!!!!
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by Fatlimey
Try this:

Attach your MF to your computer via USB, putting your MF into Bootloader mode.
Go to he Device Manager. Right-click the unknown USB device, select Update Driver Software, then "Let me pick", click "Have disk", Browse to the inf file and install.
Im having this exact problem only when i follow the steps you mention i get another error.... "folder specified doesn't contain a compatible spftware driver. If folder contains a driver make sure it is designed to work with windows 32-bit systems"

Im completely lost.
Stefanie Gripper
Installer won't run on my mac!!!

Also tried the terminal method but after putting in the first command line, terminal asks me for my password, I can't type it in or copy/paste it... so that didn't work either.

HELP PLEASE?! Been without midifighter for like almost 2 Weeks now
Candie Kletter
yes, i took the big import button. I

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy