Same Midi Fighter, Same Problems

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Same Midi Fighter, Same ProblemsReply
Same Midi Fighter, Same Problems
Posted on: 29.06.2011 by Carma Panhorst

Ive had my midi fighter "classic" for about 5 months now and this is the 3rd time that it has just "stopped working"
This light pattern has not changed for about 2 1/2 weeks

# = on

#*##
#*##
####
###*

the first time it was stuck like this, was around the first month i had received it, so i installed 2 micro switches on the board and as soon as i pressed the buttons, it reflashed and i was on my way to beatmashing!
2nd time around it did the same thing, i pressed the buttons and bam back to beat mashing...now this time its just sitting like a brick with nothing to do but light up in the pattern above...
when i tried to use the four corner method is would tell me:
"Failed to find MidiFighter in Bootloader Mode"

any other tips as to what i can do to fix it?

i have another MF that works great! but i had purchased the newer one about 2 months ago and i have had no problems with that one...

Thanks for reading my awfully long post, but i hate that this problem is reoccurring.

EDIT -

I am using a MacBook Pro
Traktor 2.0.1
I also tried using different USB cables

and thats all the info i have :/
Carma Panhorst
Originally Posted by Street Knowledge
thats kinda ridiculous
quite ridiculous really -_-
after i reread what i posted haha
Quiana Sedey
Originally Posted by Set_for_Stun
no one has been really clear as to what the warranty is, or if there is even one...so i am confused with you on that one...
thats kinda ridiculous
Carma Panhorst
Originally Posted by midifidler
POP!

This unit is likely completely broken - when this is the case I tend to contact the customer directly to arrange a replacement.
this sucks :/ thanks

EDIT - Shot them an email and lets see what they say
Carma Panhorst
Originally Posted by photojojo
Are you sure the contacts are good on the reset switches? If they are you might try contacting the store.
is it possible that they can lose contact after a couple of months? they worked fine before.
i but once i bought a rubber case for my MF i hadn't touched the buttons in a while.
and the store meaning DJTT right
Thanks a lot for your response.
Carma Panhorst

Ive had my midi fighter "classic" for about 5 months now and this is the 3rd time that it has just "stopped working"
This light pattern has not changed for about 2 1/2 weeks

# = on

#*##
#*##
####
###*

the first time it was stuck like this, was around the first month i had received it, so i installed 2 micro switches on the board and as soon as i pressed the buttons, it reflashed and i was on my way to beatmashing!
2nd time around it did the same thing, i pressed the buttons and bam back to beat mashing...now this time its just sitting like a brick with nothing to do but light up in the pattern above...
when i tried to use the four corner method is would tell me:
"Failed to find MidiFighter in Bootloader Mode"

any other tips as to what i can do to fix it?

i have another MF that works great! but i had purchased the newer one about 2 months ago and i have had no problems with that one...

Thanks for reading my awfully long post, but i hate that this problem is reoccurring.

EDIT -

I am using a MacBook Pro
Traktor 2.0.1
I also tried using different USB cables

and thats all the info i have :/
Carma Panhorst
Originally Posted by Street Knowledge
thats kinda ridiculous
quite ridiculous really -_-
after i reread what i posted haha
Quiana Sedey
Originally Posted by Set_for_Stun
no one has been really clear as to what the warranty is, or if there is even one...so i am confused with you on that one...
thats kinda ridiculous
Carma Panhorst
Quiana Sedey
So what is the warranty on the midi fighter? Mine has been "acting up" but im not sure if its because of the cheapo cable, the port im using, or if there is a legitimate problem with it.
Carma Panhorst
Originally Posted by midifidler
POP!

This unit is likely completely broken - when this is the case I tend to contact the customer directly to arrange a replacement.
this sucks :/ thanks

EDIT - Shot them an email and lets see what they say
Adolf Hit
POP!

Carma Panhorst
true, well thanks a lot and i will get right on it.

but by me adding those two switches what can djtt do exactly?

haha i wouldn't doubt it
Leeanna Ayla
Maybe if the contact wasn't great to start off with it could have broken the last time you used it. Yes DJTT, they don't always get on here very much.

EDIT: Now watch one of them pop in here after I said that
Carma Panhorst
Originally Posted by photojojo
Are you sure the contacts are good on the reset switches? If they are you might try contacting the store.
is it possible that they can lose contact after a couple of months? they worked fine before.
i but once i bought a rubber case for my MF i hadn't touched the buttons in a while.
and the store meaning DJTT right
Thanks a lot for your response.
Leeanna Ayla

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy