Failed to find a Midi fighter in Bootloader mode... BULL

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Failed to find a Midi fighter in Bootloader mode... BULLReply
Failed to find a Midi fighter in Bootloader mode... BULL
Posted on: 30.06.2011 by Rebbeca Geohagan
So i just recently got a midi fighter, and frankly its starting to piss me off...

so, you need to update the firmware on your midi fighter to do instant gratification mapping... cool, thats fine... till nothing installed....

Forms tell me that i need to go to:
Program Files/Djranking s/MidifighterUpdate/Bootloaderdrives

then it tells me to install something there... great... what the hell am i suppose to install ??!??!?! i just wish people went more in detail.

but i overcame that problem by just copying and pasting the files into Windows\syswow64\libusb0.dll.( i dont know if i should do this... but it worked)

So now the midi fighter finally stops saying "libusb0.dll is missing" but now it says "Failed to find a Midi fighter in Bootloader mode.." i believe im just about to flip S***.... People claim its soo easy to set up, but i doubt then average person can go though all this...

Forgive me if im being such an ass, but you have to understand that i just wasted 7 hours trying to find out how to work god damn midi fighter, Please help.

*Update*: i finally got it to update, but instant gratification still does not work...None of the mappings show on the assign Table.... any ideas ???? thanks!
Rebbeca Geohagan
So i just recently got a midi fighter, and frankly its starting to piss me off...

so, you need to update the firmware on your midi fighter to do instant gratification mapping... cool, thats fine... till nothing installed....

Forms tell me that i need to go to:
Program Files/Djranking s/MidifighterUpdate/Bootloaderdrives

then it tells me to install something there... great... what the hell am i suppose to install ??!??!?! i just wish people went more in detail.

but i overcame that problem by just copying and pasting the files into Windows\syswow64\libusb0.dll.( i dont know if i should do this... but it worked)

So now the midi fighter finally stops saying "libusb0.dll is missing" but now it says "Failed to find a Midi fighter in Bootloader mode.." i believe im just about to flip S***.... People claim its soo easy to set up, but i doubt then average person can go though all this...

Forgive me if im being such an ass, but you have to understand that i just wasted 7 hours trying to find out how to work god damn midi fighter, Please help.

*Update*: i finally got it to update, but instant gratification still does not work...None of the mappings show on the assign Table.... any ideas ???? thanks!
Adolf Hit
Hey guys,

Unless your MF is more than three months old you do not need to update the firmware to use the IG mapping, you do however have to activate four banks mode using the configuration menu.

This thread tells you how to do that.

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=9961
Rebbeca Geohagan
sorry for the late reply, yes my midi fighter was under sound,videogame and controllers or some sort like that, and yes it needs to be in DFU bootloader mode
Joella Stottsberry
is your midi fighter under "sound, video and game controllers", because mine is..is that ok?
Joella Stottsberry
does the controller have to be in DFU mode?
Rebbeca Geohagan
well im on a windows 7 and this is what i did :

go to Control Panel, then go to hardware and sound and THEN Device Manager.
from there you right click your Midi-fighter ( should be just a bunch of numbers) and click update drivers. when the window opens, browse to Program Files/DJTechTools/MidifighterUpdate/BootloaderDrivers then press OK. Then the Update should now identify your midi fighter! Hopefully your Instant Gratification will work unlike mine
Joella Stottsberry
how did u get it to work i have the same problem ?!?!?1

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy