thanks MF, thanks for ummm nothing

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: thanks MF, thanks for ummm nothingReply
thanks MF, thanks for ummm nothing
Posted on: 09.07.2011 by Madlyn Trocino
IM WRITING THIS IN HOPES OF ALERTING ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED TO KNOW THAT MIDI FIGHTER CLASSICS FAIL CONSTANTLY (STOP WORKING) WITH NO WARNING AND FOR SEEMINGLY NO REASON.

Sure the vids looks just alwsum of Ean mashing Midi Fighter buttons....

But what you dont see on the vids is the look on my face when I arrive to a gig and learn that my Midi Fighter has stopped working AGAIN (happened 30 times since I bought it last year). Not only does it stop working but it isnt able to be put into Bootloader Mode making it impossible to do a god damn thing about it until I have a paper clip, good lighting, patients, and a fucking hour to sit there and go thru the many necessary steps to deal with this.

Toevening , because of this....I lost the ability to use cue points in my set PERIOD. I have spent a month preparing for this gig...and when I arrived to said gig, while looking at 600 people on the dance floor....my fucking Midi Fighter CRAPPED OUT COMPLETELY AGAIN...

I have a minimal setup that is not overly demanding on my MAC or Midi Fighter so spare me any nonsence about the fact that something im doing is causing this. These Midi Fighters are useless.

Thanks Midi Fighter.....Thanks DJTT.....THANKS
Gilma Marchini
Originally Posted by Belmont!
Always have a plan B.
I carry a numpad around.
Madlyn Trocino
IM WRITING THIS IN HOPES OF ALERTING ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED TO KNOW THAT MIDI FIGHTER CLASSICS FAIL CONSTANTLY (STOP WORKING) WITH NO WARNING AND FOR SEEMINGLY NO REASON.

Sure the vids looks just alwsum of Ean mashing Midi Fighter buttons....

But what you dont see on the vids is the look on my face when I arrive to a gig and learn that my Midi Fighter has stopped working AGAIN (happened 30 times since I bought it last year). Not only does it stop working but it isnt able to be put into Bootloader Mode making it impossible to do a god damn thing about it until I have a paper clip, good lighting, patients, and a fucking hour to sit there and go thru the many necessary steps to deal with this.

Toevening , because of this....I lost the ability to use cue points in my set PERIOD. I have spent a month preparing for this gig...and when I arrived to said gig, while looking at 600 people on the dance floor....my fucking Midi Fighter CRAPPED OUT COMPLETELY AGAIN...

I have a minimal setup that is not overly demanding on my MAC or Midi Fighter so spare me any nonsence about the fact that something im doing is causing this. These Midi Fighters are useless.

Thanks Midi Fighter.....Thanks DJTT.....THANKS
Adolf Hit
Hey Thictool

I'm sorry to hear you have had a bad experience, if this was a constant issue you should have absolutely contacted us about it - we could have sent you replacements a long time ago.

Im closing this thread but if you care to PM me I can help you get your boards replaced.
Meg Reinoehl
From the time that the MIDI Fighter is working normally to the time that it stops working, what exactly are you doing in Traktor or on your computer?

You say that you lose the ability to use cue points, do any of the other buttons/functions on the MIDI Fighter work?

Exactly what Mac are you using?
Have you tried a different USB cable?
Have you tested the MIDI Fighter(s) on a different computer?

If the MIDI Fighter is constantly going between a working and "non-working" state, I would first try to see if there's something that's software (whether it's Traktor, iTunes, OS X, whatever) or computer related that's causing the MIDI Fighter to behave this way.
Madlyn Trocino
Hey this isnt an isolated thing. I have two Midi Fighters and both suffer from the same exact PCB Fail on a regular basis but not at the same time (yet). And there are many posts from people with the same PCB Fail problem.

Im not clueless here....I can get them to work again of course, but I dont have the time to tinker with them at a gig. I own the old ones so I have to get a paper clip and bla bla bla bla bla bla bla...

It would be nice if DJTT developed a program to flash it into boot loader mode if the MF experiences a PCB Fail.

I have the latest MF update using the Updater for MAC and use MF in "Single" mode so im not doing anything weird with it. Also I have tryed all the "other" steps to try and get it into boot loader mode during a PCB Fail experience and NONE of theses steps work. The only thing that ever works is to put the two wires in the 4 holes which is a pain in the ass no matter how ya spin it.

Just sayin is all....
Ella Rick
Yeah I have to agree with everyone else on this one,
but it's still shit when it happens.

You should get in touch with orders and see if you can't replace the pcb board
if it's still under warranty.
Gilma Marchini
Originally Posted by Belmont!
Always have a plan B.
I carry a numpad around.
Lavenia Neild
Always have a plan B.
Venetta Cawyer
This sounds stupid. From all angles. And I do agree that the Midi Fighters have become less stable the last few firmware releases. But a simple replug or change of USB port has solved it everytime for me.

But what you've typed now kinda sounds like:

"Oh hai, I'm going to take my apparently unreliable midi controller (that I know has stopped working for 30 times this year) to the gig I've been training my fingers off for the last month. Then when the midi controllers stops working, I act all surprised because it didn't do that the last 30 times. Oh wait. It did."

I hope you learned something from this.

Also, plz post comp specs n stuff. Or else we can't really help, can we?
Teresia Janusch
i dont have a mf, nor really see the need to get one, but surely logic dictates that if u have a piece of kit thats unreliable, dont use it live...simples
Marva Cupid
Do u believe ean would risk his mfs crapping out on him, they are his primary controller.
Leeanna Ayla
Never a problem with mine. By far the biggest problem I see with midi fighters on here is updating the firmware I believe. In fact you're the first person I believe I've seen with on that failed at a gig.
Retta Chimento
Sorry to hear that! My MF is a very handy and reliable partner.
Kristofer Krauel
Hmmm I'm sorry to hear about your problems but this is by no means a common problem with the MF classic. There are hundreds of users (me being one of them) who have had nothing but great things to say about them.

Have you even tried to contact DJTT customer service? It may be a faulty unit, in which case I'm sure they would be more than happy to sort things out for you. Only problem I can see is that you've left it so long to speak to them.

Like I said really sorry you've had issues but this is in no way a common fault!

Hope you get it sorted.
Marceline Angrisano
My only question is if you knew it had failed in the past numerous times, why would you put yourself in a position for it to fail again?

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy