OLD RELEASE NOTE Midifighter Classic Firmware-20110511

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: OLD RELEASE NOTE Midifighter Classic Firmware-20110511Reply
OLD RELEASE NOTE Midifighter Classic Firmware-20110511
Posted on: 12.05.2011 by Adolf Hit
OUT DATED FIRMWARE

New features include:
  • Improved reliability for accessing menu & bootloader modes, please note the device takes longer to start up now so you need to hold the relevant key combination down for 2 seconds.
  • Super Combos have been built in to the firmware which will free up modifiers for future mappings
  • The analog expansion input has been updated,introducing a 3 tick dead zone at either end, plus the second CC has a maximum value of 105. This makes filters and effects end at a better sounding point in the range than fully filtered out.

Code:
    // New mapping style:

0  3             64           124 127
       |--|-------------|-------------|--|   - full range
          |0=======================127|      - CC A
                        |0=========105|      - CC B
       |__|on____________________________|   - note A
       |off___________________________|on|   - note B
          3                          124

More details in the updated Documentation on this board as well as the README.txt file in the Sourceforge ZIP file.
Kayhan Polat
Originally Posted by guywithknife
The updater needs to be able to write to your computer (to save the hex file it downloads from DJTT). The most common reason why it cannot write to your computer is if you are using a mac and you did not drag the updater to the desktop before running it.
ahh i could have sworn i did that.. solved my problem and many thanks!
Kimberly Lewark
Originally Posted by jay2
After clicking on Update Midifighter button
Contacting DjTechTools...
Unable to open temporary file:
Read-only file system
Flashing the Midifighter...
Midifighter erased.
Failed send HEX file to the Midifighter

Can anyone help? Now my midifighter is not working
The updater needs to be able to write to your computer (to save the hex file it downloads from DJTT). The most common reason why it cannot write to your computer is if you are using a mac and you did not drag the updater to the desktop before running it.
Kayhan Polat
ahh i could have sworn i did that.. solved my problem and many thanks!
Kimberly Lewark
Originally Posted by jay2
Read-only file system
Midifighter erased.

Kayhan Polat
Read-only file system
Midifighter erased.

Delmer Damons
Hey, yesterday I could Fix it, i had to reboot it manually, with the paperclips method, then update,change the channel to channel 3, put it in 4banks mode, and finally it works perfecttt!!!
Adolf Hit
Hey Manucv,

Have you put it back in four banks mode?
Delmer Damons
I cant use my midifighter with traktor after doing the update, the instant gratification doenst work, HELP PLEASE!!!
Delmer Damons
i have update both, traktor and midi fighter and i ve tried lots of .tsi files, but no one works...
Delmer Damons
I have a problem with the update, after it i cant use any mapping on traktor, when i connect the midi fighter the signal arrives to traktor but no effects or actions happens...
Adolf Hit
Hi Guys,

Sorry there was an issue on our file server which the firmware is retrieved from.
It should work again now.
Sorry for any time wasted!
Joella Stottsberry
i have installed drivers and followed instructions but it always says it fails???? how the heck do i get it in bootloader mode!!!
Elnora Wisegarver
got it back into boot mode but now it tells me midi fighter update failed it goes to downloading hex and boom shuts down. STUPID STUPID STUPID DUHHHHHH
forgot to load hex file .Working great now
Elnora Wisegarver
i keep getting this error (this application has failed to start because libusb0.dll was not found . Renstalling the application may fix this problem . telling me midi fighter erased getting nothng from midi fighter flash of hex failed please helppppp
Elnora Wisegarver
than you
Venetta Cawyer
This is absolutely NOT for the MF Pro's. This is only meant for the MF Classic
Elnora Wisegarver
Is this for all midifighters or just the midifighter pro .
Kimberly Lewark
I have pushed the latest firmware source to my own github repository: https://github.com/dublindan/Midifig.../DJTT%20Latest

You will also find code for my own mod there, though I have not "officially" released it yet, so there may still be some bugs and especially formatting errors and lack of comments. I will fix this before I properly announce the code, alongside a blog post explaining the changes I made.
Jolyn Sorn
You could push the source code to github yourself, if you wanted to.
I'm well aware of that and if I ever make any worthwhile changes it will probably be what I do. I was just hoping that the code would get pushed to the official github account, which does exist.

Well... regardless I'm loving the damn thing. Funnest MIDI controller ever. From top to bottom.
Kimberly Lewark
You could push the source code to github yourself, if you wanted to.
Jolyn Sorn
Will the source code ever get pushed to github? This would make submitting modifications much easier.
robert chanda
Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti
I'm a little shy of modding my midifighters
Solder a header to the motherboard and you can mod to your hearts content without hurting anything further.
Reece Murray
@guywithknife: Yeah, that answers my question. Unfortunately I can't try it out myself - I don't have an extra fader or pot right now. Future project, I guess. Also, I'm a little shy of modding my midifighters - they're the unnumbered ones that used to be Ean's (midifighter competition). But it's hard to resist - I love customizing - we'll see how long I can hold out...
Lorelei Przybylowicz
Some cool stuff with these faders. I'm yet to dive in but I'm interested in how to go about midi-learning with these superfaders? Does it work or do you have to manually set them based on the CC values ? What about the on/off notes ?

I believe having a go with 2 faders is going to be my 1st mod.
robert chanda
Yeah, what he said.

Those values may seem arbitrary but they came about by using these things a lot, trying it in the field and noting the annoyances and niggles that came up over time.

Yup, it's the Midifighter secret sauce. It's not a mathematically perfect map, instead it's a functionally optimized one.
Kimberly Lewark
Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti
@ Midifidler and/or Fatlimey:

Does the new analog combo code work by taking data from the position of the full range CC and running an algorithm on it to determine what data it sends for the half range CC? (simplified example, if the full range value is X and the half range value is y, then y=2x-127, and if x<63 then y always=0) This would mean that the half-range CC would always move in increments of 2.

OR

has the firmware been updated such that the half-range CC sends a full 128 values throughout its travel?

Thanks guys, and good work!
Since I've been getting intimate with the firmware over the past few weeks, I can answer this.

The physical fader ranges from 0 to 127 (inclusive). Superfader A's output also ranges from 0 to 127, while superfader B's output ranges from 0 to 105. There is a three value buffer zone at each end of the physical faders range (0, 1, 2 and 125, 126, 127) which is not mapped to the superfaders. That is, a difference of 1 on superfader A is worth 1.04 on the physical fader (except, in practice, due to integer math, it is truncated, with a jump of 1 every 25 physical values). The diagram below shows this:
Code:
//   0  3             64           124 127
//   |--|-------------|-------------|--|   - full range
//      |0=======================127|      - CC A
//                    |0=========105|      - CC B
So, superfader A is zero when the physical fader is at 3 or less. It is at 127 when the physical fader is at 124 or greater.
Similarly, superfader B is at 0 when the physical fader is at 64 or less and at 105 when the physical fader is at 124 or greater.

The fader value, read from the analog input, is mapped from [from, to] to [low, high] (and overflow/underflow is clamped). The values for from, to, low and high are the ones mentioned above.

The code which does this remapping is as follows:
Code:
uint8_t remap(uint8_t value, uint8_t from, uint8_t to, uint8_t lo, uint8_t hi)
{
    if (value < from) return lo;
    if (value > to) return hi;
    uint16_t numer = (value - from) * (hi - lo);
    uint16_t denom = (to - from);
    return (uint8_t)(lo + (numer / denom));
}
And the code which uses this is:
Code:
const uint8_t NOTEON_LOW = 3;
const uint8_t NOTEON_HIGH = 127 - NOTEON_LOW;
const uint8_t MIDI_ANALOG_NOTE = 100;
const uint8_t MIDI_ANALOG_CC = 16;
uint8_t cc_a = MIDI_ANALOG_CC + 2*i;
uint8_t cc_b = MIDI_ANALOG_CC + 2*i + 1;

// New mapping style:
//
//   0  3             64           124 127
//   |--|-------------|-------------|--|   - full range
//
//      |0=======================127|      - CC A
//                    |0=========105|      - CC B
//
//   |__|on____________________________|   - note A
//   |off___________________________|on|   - note B
//      3                          124

if (value >= NOTEON_LOW && value <= NOTEON_HIGH) {

// 1. Generate the default CC event.
    midi_stream_cc(cc_a, remap(value, NOTEON_LOW,NOTEON_HIGH, 0,127));

// 2. If the value is in the range 50%-100%, output the
    // second CC range.
    static uint8_t second_cc_value = 0;
    if (value >= 64) {
        second_cc_value = remap(value, 64,NOTEON_HIGH, 0,105);
        midi_stream_cc(cc_b, second_cc_value);
    } else {
        // Make sure we zero the second CC value when we
        // enter the lower range.
        if (second_cc_value > 0) {
            second_cc_value = 0;
            midi_stream_cc(cc_b, second_cc_value);
        }
    }
}
Since superfader B value is worth 1.7 measured physical "values", you would expect it to move roughly in increments of two, but since the algorithm uses integer math, 1.7 would usually be rounded down to 1, so I'd expect that would increase in increments of one and jump multiple values every now and again, though I have not measured it. Try it with MIDI-OX or something and see for yourself perhaps?

Did that answer your question?
Reece Murray
@ Midifidler and/or Fatlimey:

Does the new analog combo code work by taking data from the position of the full range CC and running an algorithm on it to determine what data it sends for the half range CC? (simplified example, if the full range value is X and the half range value is y, then y=2x-127, and if x<63 then y always=0) This would mean that the half-range CC would always move in increments of 2.

OR

has the firmware been updated such that the half-range CC sends a full 128 values throughout its travel?

Thanks guys, and good work!
Jerome Frana
Dear all,

I got the error message libusb0.dll is missing. I already did add the libusb0.dll that I found on the net in the System32 folder of windows but still the same message.

What can I do ?
Tyree Mccanney
Use the method described in this thread mate; http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=11511

I had the same issue, and had to use some work arounds even then. If you have any issues let me know and i'll help you out!
Venetta Cawyer
You should solder. Or perhaps use a paperclip to short it out? As long as there's contact, the job gets done. And yes! I speak from experience!
Herlinda Teska
Hey I'm having the same issues as the guys above, I have followed all required steps and the four corners flash up but I am told "Failed to find midifighter in bootloader mode" after trying to update. I would attempt the wire method but it appears all the holes on my MF under "reset" and "boot" have been soldered shut with little metal bits..... What should I do?
Leeanna Ayla
You may need to read over this thread.

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=17824
Tyree Mccanney
allright fair play, would have googled it but i noticed that the same .dll was in the file already.

That's worked, but now it's telling me it failed to find a midifighter in bootloader mode. But im getting the checkerboard led's?
Leeanna Ayla
http://tinyurl.com/5r3yrhm
Tyree Mccanney
Hey guys,

im a complete midifighter noob, got my first one in the post this morning! Im trying to flash this firmware update so I can use the Instant Gratification mapping, but i'm getting the following error when i try and run the Midifught Update application;

The programme can't start because libusb0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Im running Windows 7, 64 bit... anyone have any idea whats going on?
Lorelei Przybylowicz
Will flash today ! Looks good !
Laurena Schlimgen
I'm assuming this is my only option for getting it into Bootloader Mode? The new firmware update is not working.
Leeanna Ayla
Have a look at this thread

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=17824
Laurena Schlimgen
My midifighter is not getting to bootloader mode. Here is what I'm seeing.

Flashing the midifighter...
Failed to find midifighter in bootloader mode.

I'm following the instructions as outlined in the update program. I'm on a Mac and I did move the program to my desktop.

Not sure what I'm missing. Please help.
Leeanna Ayla
Successful flash, I love that new updater.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy