How To Make Regular Midi Fighter Into Pro Version?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: How To Make Regular Midi Fighter Into Pro Version?Reply
How To Make Regular Midi Fighter Into Pro Version?
Posted on: 13.09.2011 by Margene Holzbaur
I have noticed a distinct lack of any tutorials for creating the midi fighter into a pro version, I just can't find any!

I cant be the only one to believe that upgrading our beloved MF to pro (in a orderly way that made me know i wasn't gonna break it) would be awesome.

I have controls that i want to use... my problem is what components is needed inside and where do they go? (i.e are there a need for added midi ports on the board? what midi addresses equal midi pro's maps?)

I know about the extension ports on the regular MF but what would be needed for the 4 fx preset buttons, knobs and faders on the layouts for the pro?

And do we know if DJTT's shop could or would stock MF Pro parts (i.e plates, buttons, sliders or any other internal parts) for people who would like to mod their midi fighters to pro....this would mean we could still be supporting DJTT while also giving our almost redundant MF (since DJTT has moved more onto the pro version)a lease of life!

P.S If there are pics/plans Of MF Pro's Inside I'd really like to see please

P.P.S If someone has made or going to make a tutorial it would go very nice with these how to's http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=30937
Margene Holzbaur
I have noticed a distinct lack of any tutorials for creating the midi fighter into a pro version, I just can't find any!

I cant be the only one to believe that upgrading our beloved MF to pro (in a orderly way that made me know i wasn't gonna break it) would be awesome.

I have controls that i want to use... my problem is what components is needed inside and where do they go? (i.e are there a need for added midi ports on the board? what midi addresses equal midi pro's maps?)

I know about the extension ports on the regular MF but what would be needed for the 4 fx preset buttons, knobs and faders on the layouts for the pro?

And do we know if DJTT's shop could or would stock MF Pro parts (i.e plates, buttons, sliders or any other internal parts) for people who would like to mod their midi fighters to pro....this would mean we could still be supporting DJTT while also giving our almost redundant MF (since DJTT has moved more onto the pro version)a lease of life!

P.S If there are pics/plans Of MF Pro's Inside I'd really like to see please

P.P.S If someone has made or going to make a tutorial it would go very nice with these how to's http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=30937
Britany Shelburn
In order to mod the classic into a pro all you have to do is make sure you know how you want the components arranged; that you know how to solder your components correctly; and have all that you need in order to make it work for the mapping. But that is easier said than done. Right now I am on my own quest to create a midifighter pro cuemaster out of a classic. And let me tell you its a lot of fun. From what I understand, sure it might be kinda tricky to figure out. How to make the mod work is a challenge, but its certainly doable and worth the adventure. I'm actually almost at the stage where Im ready to solder the components; cut the holes, and bolt down the faceplate.

Once I'm done I'll post my progress.

As for the selling of modified Midi-fighters. The Midi-Fighter as we all know comes with a certificate of authenticity. If you buy a Midi-Fighter off some Joe Schmuck off the street the first thing you should ask... "Let me see the certificate of Authenticity." After that you're buying it under your own discretion. If I run into problems getting the mappings to work I'll let you guys know.
Chin Thoroughgood
Yes there are people who want to mod them and there are ways to do so. Search "cuban midi crisis" in the blog, and search "multiplexers" in the MF community . The hard part about all of this is getting it to align directly with the MFpro mapping because they way that the multiplexers are wired gives them MULTIPLE midi notes for each control.

Also as far as I have understood DJTT has ABSOLUTELY no intention of offering parts/ upgrade kits due to their trade in program. Also they don't want people buying MF's and modding them to sell them as DJTT official MFpros. This is the same reason that they stopped offering the arcade mod upgrade packs. Too many people were reselling poorly modded controllers to unsuspecting beginners just to find out it doesn't work as expected AND there is no DJTT warranty/support because it was an aftermarket mod not performed by them.

If you want to give your MF new life I suggest the trade in program. It comes with all new parts and is FULLY backed by a DJTT warranty. The other option is to be adventurous and try it yourself, but you're going to need patience and some time to figure out how to remap it, mod the firmware, and build on whatever you'd like to put on it as well as build a case.

I have spent alot of time researching all of this and have asked the very same questions you're asking now but let me say from experience and ownership of MF and now a MFpro it is well worth it to buy a new pro. The thing is built like a tank and its obvious where your money went. I highly doubt you'd be dissatisfied if you traded it in for the MF pro. Another option is to sell it on the community s for a little more than the $100 the trade in gives you and put that cash towards a new unit.

Hope this helps!

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy