VDJ deckalized Midifighter mapping

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: VDJ deckalized Midifighter mappingReply
VDJ deckalized Midifighter mapping
Posted on: 22.02.2012 by Jonathan Chiuchiolo
*****Go to post #6 for the newest version, last modified 02/25/12******

4 bank virtua fighter fixed 1234.jpg

for this mapping to work your midi fighter must be in 4 banks mode, it has 4 decks, 4 cues, 4 instant grat effects, looping, browsing & load, The only thing that is missing is a beatmasher and slicer, but they both rely on one of the roll plugins from the vdj community , unless someone can recommend another one.. I have so far tried instajungle and supatrigga, both have issues.

This uses 5 free vst effects.

Quadbyte studios filter - http://studio-qb.com/qb-filter

Dblue stretch, Tapestop & Crusher - http://illformed.org/plugins/

Moot - http://www.delamancha.co.uk/moot.htm

LAYOUT

Hot loop - this is one of the better mappings I have come up with, it will save a loop of any standard size for recall later, the led will be on if there is a cue set. To delete the hotloop hold shift and press the button. You can set the hot loop to memory one of two ways, if the track isn't looping and there isn't a loop set you can enter a oop with the button. The other way isn't perfect but if you are in a loop you can hit the button and it will retrigger the loop and record the position and size for recall later.

The loop button activates and exits loops, it also has a condition that if the loop size is 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 on exiting the loop it will reloop so you can trigger it back in time with the playing track.

Jump - will jump forward or backward however large the loop size you have is (only in standard sizes) if he size is different it will jump 4 beats.

the shift is activated when pressing the same deck button as you are currently using.

shift functions are
holding shift and using the "pitchbend" buttons will change the pitch (tempo)

if you are in a loop you can press shift and the pitchbend buttons to move the loop position.

To delete hot cues press shift and the appropriate cue button.

BROWSE MODE

the browse mode is enabled by pressing one of the shift buttons and the cue button, in this mode you are able to navigate the folders with the "bend -" and "jump -" buttons, to navigate the songs you can use the "bend +" and "jump +" buttons. To open a folder in the tree you can press the hot loop button. To load a track you press one of the hot cue buttons, to disable browse mode you can press the cue button again or it is automattically canceled when loading a track. The first mapper is 1234, i will modify the mapping so it also follows 3124 in another post if you prefer that layout.

the leds will change in browse mode, the folder, songs and navigation buttons will light up, and the hotcue buttons will light if a song is playing, if a song is paused the led will flash to let you know it is okay to load, if there is no track loaded the led will be off.

EFFECT MODE

To enable effect mode you need to press one of the shift button and press the play button. Once effect mode is active the last row will blink ever 1.5 seconds to warn you it is enabled. When you have an effect active the led will blink quickly.

Effect 1 Moot - runs fairly badly in vdj as it is a resource hungry plugin, to start it needs to either be pressed twice or the button needs to be held before it turns on... Iuse a native vdj one that doesn't have any problems. But if anyone else knows a goot transform gate I will put it in instead of mute.

Effect 2 LFO Filter - this filter is amazing quality, but in this mapping I have tried to restrict it from cutting the sound too much, so it doesn't take over completely, this has a few automations, but basically it will increase the rate of the lfo and the resonance the longer you hold it.

Effect 3 Crusher - sounds great, I have automated a the main sliders to keep the sound moving while the button is pressed, unfortunately as they are automated I am unable to map it so you can leave the effect on as there is a bug in the "repeat" verb preventing it.

Effect 4 tape stop - this is an effect that makes it sound like the track is winding down while you hold the button i have set it so it stops fairly quick.

Effect 5 Stretch - this was going to be the super combo, but unfortunately because it is automated and the repeat verb doesn't work as I want it, this will not stop moving when you release the button, I also mapped in a little light sequence on the cues for when this activates. the mapping for it if you would like to try it is below.

Code:
var 'browse' 1 ? deck 4 load & set 'browse' 0 : var 'effect cues' ? effect 'dblue_stretch' active on ? effect 'dblue_stretch' active off : var 'fx_1' ? var 'fx_2' ? var 'fx_3' ? set 'combo' while_pressed & effect 'dblue_stretch' active on while_pressed & effect 'dblue_stretch' slider 1 60% & effect 'dblue_stretch' slider 3 0% & effect 'dblue_stretch' slider 5 0% & effect 'dblue_stretch' slider 4 5% & repeat 20ms & effect 'dblue_stretch' slider 3 +0.02 & effect 'dblue_stretch' slider 5 +0.008 & effect 'dblue_stretch' slider 4 -0.0003 : down ? effect 'dblue_tapestop' active on & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 1 60% : effect 'dblue_tapestop' active off & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 1 0% & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 2 20% : down ? effect 'dblue_tapestop' active on & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 1 60% : effect 'dblue_stretch' active off & effect 'dblue_tapestop' active off & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 1 0% & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 2 20% : down ? effect 'dblue_stretch' active off & effect 'dblue_tapestop' active on & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 1 60% : effect 'dblue_tapestop' active off & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 1 0% & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 2 20% : var 'shift' ? delete_cue 4 : hot_cue 4
If you like Virtual Dj you should buy it as there is many amazing pugins available, but this mapping will work in VDJ Home or LE while you have the pro trial activated.

To install just place the mapper in the mappers folder, and the other file in the devices folder. The effects need to be installed in "plugins --> sound effects"

**Disclaimer - this is untested Including the definition file, please report back with any issues, even if there are none please respond, I will delete this when everything is good.**

Enjoy
Angella Medich
Originally Posted by synthet1c
thanks for the reply OBW.. weird that this works on your system and not a the mac of another guy... but good to know it works
I keep trying to get it to work and nothing.

I cut and pasted the mapper file into the mappers folder.
And the other, into the devices folder.

When I go into Mappers on VDJ and pull down "Simple Midi Mapper," the fields are empty.

What am I doing wrong?
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
It seems there is a problem with the initial crossfader I made for this... When I fixed it unfortunately it no longer fit in the space provided to script in... Rather than cutting out parts I insead chose to change the single crossfader to 3 individual band crossfaders.

with using the miixer section I have included a hidden feature to reset the eq crossfaders by pressing two buttons at the same time

buttons 1 & 2 - (deck left kill & crossfader left) will reset the crossfaders to 25%

buttons 2 & 3 - (crossfader left & crossfader right) will reset the crossfaders to 50%

buttons 3 & 4 - (crossfader right & deck right kill) will reset the crossfaders to 75%

The leds have also changed to be like the picture below. What the picture doesn't show is the leds will blink when the eq is killed

It would be great to know if the leds make sense, and the crossfaders move at a reasonable speed, they can easily be made faster of slower..

if using this mapping with a 2 deck skin chances are you won't have a frequency crossfader built into it... I have made the midifighter set a variable when vdj first recognises it, and cancels the variable when the midifighter is disconnected.

To give yourself crossfaders you should open the skin xml in notepad, wordpad or something similar and change the mapping for the skins knobs to reflect the position of the crossfader rather than the individual eq levels.

the easiest way is to use "find and replace" or "ctrl + H"

find - replace

deck 1 eq_low - var '$midifighter_in' 1 ? eq_crossfader_low : deck 1 eq_low

deck 1 eq_mid - var '$midifighter_in' 1 ? eq_crossfader_mid : deck 1 eq_mid

deck 1 eq_high - var '$midifighter_in' 1 ? eq_crossfader_high : deck 1 eq_high

then do the same for deck 2

I believe this is almost where it needs to be, but since removing the original crossfader there is a lot more space for other things under shift, for example the mixer has no shifted functions, If you have any suggestions let me know and I can include them..
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
Well I went crazy with this mapping and pushed vdj to it absoute scripting limits, I have change it so now if using this mapper if your skin has 4 decks the mapping will operate as normal, If you have only two decks on you skin however this mapping automatically changes what deck 3 & 4 control.

Deck 3 has now become a virtual mixer, it has a mapping that adjusts the eq levels like a crossfader and even moves the crossfader on the skin to show you the relative position at a glance. For this to work properly you need to go from one end of the fader to the other so it can pick up all the eq levels.

I have also mapped the leds to follow the position of the crossfader, (this was a little hard for me to conceptualise without anything to test on so may need some tweeking). And I ran out of space that i needed to make the crossfader shift global, so it may not actually work, but fingers crossed

Finishing up the mixer section there is eq kill buttons that will light when killed and pitch bend buttons for the two decks that don't have any led feedback due to the crossfader leds.

Deck 4 now controls the sampler, If pressing shift and the loop button the samples will change from a drumming mode to a beatlocked looping mode. The deck 4 led will flash to let you know looping is activated, and the individual play buttons will blink if looping, or be on if playing normally.

There is the ability to load 4 different banks of samples by pressing shift and one of the second row of buttons.

The first two banks triggered by "cue" and "bend-" are set to load drumming samples by changing the behaviour of the play buttons.

The next two ""bend+" and "play" are set to loop the samples. To use this feature you will need to modify the mapping with the filepaths of your own samples. In the attached documents there is a file color coded and formated in wordpad/word that you can modify and paste into the mapper.

This is very experimental so hopefully it all works together but individually everything is good, and There are no syntax errors so it looks positive
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
here is the 3124 mapping, everything is the same accept the deck order.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
*****Go to post #6 for the newest version, last modified 02/25/12******

4 bank virtua fighter fixed 1234.jpg

for this mapping to work your midi fighter must be in 4 banks mode, it has 4 decks, 4 cues, 4 instant grat effects, looping, browsing & load, The only thing that is missing is a beatmasher and slicer, but they both rely on one of the roll plugins from the vdj community , unless someone can recommend another one.. I have so far tried instajungle and supatrigga, both have issues.

This uses 5 free vst effects.

Quadbyte studios filter - http://studio-qb.com/qb-filter

Dblue stretch, Tapestop & Crusher - http://illformed.org/plugins/

Moot - http://www.delamancha.co.uk/moot.htm

LAYOUT

Hot loop - this is one of the better mappings I have come up with, it will save a loop of any standard size for recall later, the led will be on if there is a cue set. To delete the hotloop hold shift and press the button. You can set the hot loop to memory one of two ways, if the track isn't looping and there isn't a loop set you can enter a oop with the button. The other way isn't perfect but if you are in a loop you can hit the button and it will retrigger the loop and record the position and size for recall later.

The loop button activates and exits loops, it also has a condition that if the loop size is 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 on exiting the loop it will reloop so you can trigger it back in time with the playing track.

Jump - will jump forward or backward however large the loop size you have is (only in standard sizes) if he size is different it will jump 4 beats.

the shift is activated when pressing the same deck button as you are currently using.

shift functions are
holding shift and using the "pitchbend" buttons will change the pitch (tempo)

if you are in a loop you can press shift and the pitchbend buttons to move the loop position.

To delete hot cues press shift and the appropriate cue button.

BROWSE MODE

the browse mode is enabled by pressing one of the shift buttons and the cue button, in this mode you are able to navigate the folders with the "bend -" and "jump -" buttons, to navigate the songs you can use the "bend +" and "jump +" buttons. To open a folder in the tree you can press the hot loop button. To load a track you press one of the hot cue buttons, to disable browse mode you can press the cue button again or it is automattically canceled when loading a track. The first mapper is 1234, i will modify the mapping so it also follows 3124 in another post if you prefer that layout.

the leds will change in browse mode, the folder, songs and navigation buttons will light up, and the hotcue buttons will light if a song is playing, if a song is paused the led will flash to let you know it is okay to load, if there is no track loaded the led will be off.

EFFECT MODE

To enable effect mode you need to press one of the shift button and press the play button. Once effect mode is active the last row will blink ever 1.5 seconds to warn you it is enabled. When you have an effect active the led will blink quickly.

Effect 1 Moot - runs fairly badly in vdj as it is a resource hungry plugin, to start it needs to either be pressed twice or the button needs to be held before it turns on... Iuse a native vdj one that doesn't have any problems. But if anyone else knows a goot transform gate I will put it in instead of mute.

Effect 2 LFO Filter - this filter is amazing quality, but in this mapping I have tried to restrict it from cutting the sound too much, so it doesn't take over completely, this has a few automations, but basically it will increase the rate of the lfo and the resonance the longer you hold it.

Effect 3 Crusher - sounds great, I have automated a the main sliders to keep the sound moving while the button is pressed, unfortunately as they are automated I am unable to map it so you can leave the effect on as there is a bug in the "repeat" verb preventing it.

Effect 4 tape stop - this is an effect that makes it sound like the track is winding down while you hold the button i have set it so it stops fairly quick.

Effect 5 Stretch - this was going to be the super combo, but unfortunately because it is automated and the repeat verb doesn't work as I want it, this will not stop moving when you release the button, I also mapped in a little light sequence on the cues for when this activates. the mapping for it if you would like to try it is below.

Code:
var 'browse' 1 ? deck 4 load & set 'browse' 0 : var 'effect cues' ? effect 'dblue_stretch' active on ? effect 'dblue_stretch' active off : var 'fx_1' ? var 'fx_2' ? var 'fx_3' ? set 'combo' while_pressed & effect 'dblue_stretch' active on while_pressed & effect 'dblue_stretch' slider 1 60% & effect 'dblue_stretch' slider 3 0% & effect 'dblue_stretch' slider 5 0% & effect 'dblue_stretch' slider 4 5% & repeat 20ms & effect 'dblue_stretch' slider 3 +0.02 & effect 'dblue_stretch' slider 5 +0.008 & effect 'dblue_stretch' slider 4 -0.0003 : down ? effect 'dblue_tapestop' active on & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 1 60% : effect 'dblue_tapestop' active off & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 1 0% & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 2 20% : down ? effect 'dblue_tapestop' active on & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 1 60% : effect 'dblue_stretch' active off & effect 'dblue_tapestop' active off & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 1 0% & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 2 20% : down ? effect 'dblue_stretch' active off & effect 'dblue_tapestop' active on & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 1 60% : effect 'dblue_tapestop' active off & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 1 0% & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 2 20% : var 'shift' ? delete_cue 4 : hot_cue 4
If you like Virtual Dj you should buy it as there is many amazing pugins available, but this mapping will work in VDJ Home or LE while you have the pro trial activated.

To install just place the mapper in the mappers folder, and the other file in the devices folder. The effects need to be installed in "plugins --> sound effects"

**Disclaimer - this is untested Including the definition file, please report back with any issues, even if there are none please respond, I will delete this when everything is good.**

Enjoy
Maryellen Cancelli
So I went back in and loaded a 2 deck skin and it controlls the decks corectly now. but still get the same issue with crossfader EQ. not sure if it effect is or not but the only skin I have that shows the crossfader eq is a 4 deck. every thing else only shows the regular eq for each deck not the cross fade. How ever I could adjust in the two deck mode and hear that the buttons worked or didnt work. just no visual confermation.
in this button lay out
in the eq mix mode with key 1 selected.
buttons 5 8 9 10 12 13 16 do nothing by just pussing that button.
buts 6 and 14 fade left a bit each push. 7 11 and 15 fade right a bit each push.
5 and 6 fade 3/4 to the left and 6 and 7 fade center and 7 and 8 fade 3/4 right (highs)
same in 13 14 15 16 row. (lows)
9 and 10 get nothing. 10 and 11 get nothing. 11 and 12 get 3/4 right. (mids)

I cant seem to get any effects on the midi at all in this map
hope that helps ya.

also had a idea while driving.
use button 1 for effects on deck 1, 2 for cue point on deck 1, 3 for cue points on deck 2 and 4 for effects on deck 2. Kinda a combo of both maps you have. just an idea.
Maryellen Cancelli
3*2
But I need to check it again and never got a chance last evening . I was running in 4 deck mode not two so that may be what was wrong. Ill get back to you asap
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
hey obw, what di you mean by "thrid row down second button" ? nothing has any syntax errors , did you mean the way I named them

3(2)

or from the top?

3(2)
Maryellen Cancelli
Sorry, I know nothing about MAC. When I put mine in I just coppied the two files and it works.

On that Note.
I just was going over some of these and relize that mine was running in the two deck mode how ever I still had VDJ in 4 deck. So that could be the cause of some of my issues. Ill check that toevening as I have to set up for a gig tomorrow.
Angella Medich
Update...

I found the Midi Fighter in the Mac's Audio MIDI Setup.
I changed the name, and still nothing.
Angella Medich
Ok... I ran into another snag.
Mac does not have a Control Panel, it has a System Preferences.
My Mac is not finding the Midi Fighter for me to change the name to "OSX Midi Fighter Classic"
VDJ still recognizes it as "Simple MIDI Wrapper"
But I can't seem to find the Midi Fighter anywhere on the Mac.

Any advice ???
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
with my mpk mini I need to reinit the controller for it to be recognised, try that... but I might have to ask the atomix staff if there is any difference in pc and mac mappings apart from the available effects, but i'm pretty sure they are the same as they both use xml...
Angella Medich
Originally Posted by synthet1c
thanks for the reply OBW.. weird that this works on your system and not a the mac of another guy... but good to know it works
I keep trying to get it to work and nothing.

I cut and pasted the mapper file into the mappers folder.
And the other, into the devices folder.

When I go into Mappers on VDJ and pull down "Simple Midi Mapper," the fields are empty.

What am I doing wrong?
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
yeah wasn't sure what to do with the 3rd shift (mixer) that's why its a mixer... really I would prefer to use video effects but vdj script doesn't allow you to trigger specific video effects on an off, or query their state for leds like you can do with audio effects, so i didn't use them.

this mapping has hot cues included, it should be [shift + play] to toggle between effects and hot cues in the bottom row..

also this mapping isn't supposed to be supplimentary, it's meant to be primary, giving you all the controls you need in one unit... I have an instant grat one that only controls effects, but cant find a good free vst loop roll for a beatmasher or the slicer, and i can't make it change decks indepently of pfl..

in regard to the decks it controls, with a four deck skin it should be 3124, depending on what you press in the top row... the mixer and sampler should only work when not using a four deck skin... but if you need to assign the decks it operates on, you can press the button next to the dropdown and the option should come up..
Maryellen Cancelli
Oh yea, just remembered. First time I open this it controlled deck 1 and 2 and my vms4 was a bit off with the midi fighter plugged in. Now the vms4 works normal and the midi controlls deck 3 and 4. I unplugged and turn everything on again and still goes to deck 3 and 4. Not sure what happen or how that changed.
Maryellen Cancelli
Well I sat down and did some more playing toevening . Had this all wrote out then some how hit back page and lost it. So lets try again..lol

So start with the thrid row down second button. It does not work on any selection. Not just the eq fade. I checked in traktor and it works so its in the map some were.

Over all after playing with it I find it to be repetitive for me. Just one mans opinion so let some other try it too. I have a VMS4 and a lot of what is in the map I can do on the vms4. Exspecially the EQ fade as its easier on the VMS4.

I reallly like the sample idea. But would like to have them only play as the button is held then have a way to shift to switch to full play if possiable. I know if you push shift and I believe the 4button in row three it toggles the loop function on and off for all samples. In my set up that is something I would set up per each sample and would have that set up from the start and do not need a on the fly shift.

Im believeing I am likeing the two deck selection. I believe using the first row second and third button for deck selection is spot on. How ever I would like to see some of the original map I reviewed in this spot to play with the effects. Maybe a shift to switch to cue points. Right now Im really into the effects and still working on using cue points.

As for the forth deck mode,,, Im at a loss for idea. not sure what to put in here. Im am believeing maybe if you could set up the cross fade. Im believeing that if you did the far left as extreme left. Second left as a 3/4, Third button as 3/4 right and forth as extreme right. and im believeing again that they work only as you push. so that if left is playing, and I push the forth button it would fade right quickly till I let go and then go back to the left or were it was. And with that instead of the 3/4 just have the center two buttons move left and right at a bit each time you push it. Im not even sure how I would use that my self yet.

Again these are just my opionions and hopefully some helpfull ideas for you. I would not totally abandon this at all as some will like this version.

I tried to do some maping in virtual DJ using the config area and quickly learn it was not going to work. It would simply handy cap me down to a flat 16 buttons. Im going to take a look at your maps and see if I can learn this. Would love to be more help then just a tester. Just from a quick browse I kinda got how its wrote, now its just to learn what it does.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo

with the loop I'm pretty sure I set it to start on any sized loop, as when you exit the loop it sets the size back to 8 beats not when you start the loop, then the buttons either side half an double the loop size in or out of a loop. but if i change the layout you will lose the hot loop, but it can be done if necessary..

sampler play modes shouldn't be a problem, I may have to move a couple of things though, or you might have to press two of the top shift buttons...

with the mid crossfader it's probably a small error in the typing, that will be easy..

did all the leds work for the mixer? and did moot work okay? I can change it so the effects are always on and in a specific sequence so you don't need to hit the button twice..

I'm away from home atm, but i'll fix it up probably toevening ..

thanks again
Maryellen Cancelli
So I have not forgot about you, I finally got a few minutes to play the other day. In the middle of building the DJ cave so not much free time right now. I like this, it is a great alternative to the instantgrad for traktor.
On the mids I could fade right but did not fade left.
On the samples I personally would like a way to shift between it playing only when pressed and playing the full sample.
Also on a personal note I will set my loop up as reduce loop/4loop/8loop/increase loop 1/2/3/4. not sure if others will like that mod, but its the way I set up my vms4 so that I can start a 4 or 8 loop then roll it down to a 1/8 or 1/16 studder and go back up.
At this point I see this mapping being a very good set up for my mobil stuff with VDJ. Then using Traktor in my club setting. And for club setting WOW did you see the 3D version. I may upgrade :->
I will try to get a little more time this week and do some more test as I really only had like a 30min play time with it.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
It seems there is a problem with the initial crossfader I made for this... When I fixed it unfortunately it no longer fit in the space provided to script in... Rather than cutting out parts I insead chose to change the single crossfader to 3 individual band crossfaders.

with using the miixer section I have included a hidden feature to reset the eq crossfaders by pressing two buttons at the same time

buttons 1 & 2 - (deck left kill & crossfader left) will reset the crossfaders to 25%

buttons 2 & 3 - (crossfader left & crossfader right) will reset the crossfaders to 50%

buttons 3 & 4 - (crossfader right & deck right kill) will reset the crossfaders to 75%

The leds have also changed to be like the picture below. What the picture doesn't show is the leds will blink when the eq is killed

It would be great to know if the leds make sense, and the crossfaders move at a reasonable speed, they can easily be made faster of slower..

if using this mapping with a 2 deck skin chances are you won't have a frequency crossfader built into it... I have made the midifighter set a variable when vdj first recognises it, and cancels the variable when the midifighter is disconnected.

To give yourself crossfaders you should open the skin xml in notepad, wordpad or something similar and change the mapping for the skins knobs to reflect the position of the crossfader rather than the individual eq levels.

the easiest way is to use "find and replace" or "ctrl + H"

find - replace

deck 1 eq_low - var '$midifighter_in' 1 ? eq_crossfader_low : deck 1 eq_low

deck 1 eq_mid - var '$midifighter_in' 1 ? eq_crossfader_mid : deck 1 eq_mid

deck 1 eq_high - var '$midifighter_in' 1 ? eq_crossfader_high : deck 1 eq_high

then do the same for deck 2

I believe this is almost where it needs to be, but since removing the original crossfader there is a lot more space for other things under shift, for example the mixer has no shifted functions, If you have any suggestions let me know and I can include them..
Maryellen Cancelli
I played with this first one last evening for a bit. This is a good improvement. I like were its going. Now its just a matter of getting the right effects to mirror traktor.

As for this second one I will give that a shot this weekend sometime. Not sure when yet cause its the bday weekend and have lots of plans going on. But Ill get it in some point. This Ideal is very interesting. I realy like the choice of switching it to activate samples. Major props on this ideal. Ill let you know when I test it out.

PS Still getting the interferance on my VMS4. Not sure what that is yet. gonna do some testing on that this weekend. At this point I believe its the midi fighter it self. once unplugged every thing goes back to normal.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
Well I went crazy with this mapping and pushed vdj to it absoute scripting limits, I have change it so now if using this mapper if your skin has 4 decks the mapping will operate as normal, If you have only two decks on you skin however this mapping automatically changes what deck 3 & 4 control.

Deck 3 has now become a virtual mixer, it has a mapping that adjusts the eq levels like a crossfader and even moves the crossfader on the skin to show you the relative position at a glance. For this to work properly you need to go from one end of the fader to the other so it can pick up all the eq levels.

I have also mapped the leds to follow the position of the crossfader, (this was a little hard for me to conceptualise without anything to test on so may need some tweeking). And I ran out of space that i needed to make the crossfader shift global, so it may not actually work, but fingers crossed

Finishing up the mixer section there is eq kill buttons that will light when killed and pitch bend buttons for the two decks that don't have any led feedback due to the crossfader leds.

Deck 4 now controls the sampler, If pressing shift and the loop button the samples will change from a drumming mode to a beatlocked looping mode. The deck 4 led will flash to let you know looping is activated, and the individual play buttons will blink if looping, or be on if playing normally.

There is the ability to load 4 different banks of samples by pressing shift and one of the second row of buttons.

The first two banks triggered by "cue" and "bend-" are set to load drumming samples by changing the behaviour of the play buttons.

The next two ""bend+" and "play" are set to loop the samples. To use this feature you will need to modify the mapping with the filepaths of your own samples. In the attached documents there is a file color coded and formated in wordpad/word that you can modify and paste into the mapper.

This is very experimental so hopefully it all works together but individually everything is good, and There are no syntax errors so it looks positive
Maryellen Cancelli
Ill give these a shot when I get home and let you know what I find out. THANKS AGAIN
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
here is the 3124 mapping, everything is the same accept the deck order.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy