Reply to VDJ deckalized Midifighter mapping

VDJ deckalized Midifighter mapping
*****Go to post #6 for the newest version, last modified 02/25/12******

4 bank virtua fighter fixed 1234.jpg

for this mapping to work your midi fighter must be in 4 banks mode, it has 4 decks, 4 cues, 4 instant grat effects, looping, browsing & load, The only thing that is missing is a beatmasher and slicer, but they both rely on one of the roll plugins from the vdj community , unless someone can recommend another one.. I have so far tried instajungle and supatrigga, both have issues.

This uses 5 free vst effects.

Quadbyte studios filter - http://studio-qb.com/qb-filter

Dblue stretch, Tapestop & Crusher - http://illformed.org/plugins/

Moot - http://www.delamancha.co.uk/moot.htm

LAYOUT

Hot loop - this is one of the better mappings I have come up with, it will save a loop of any standard size for recall later, the led will be on if there is a cue set. To delete the hotloop hold shift and press the button. You can set the hot loop to memory one of two ways, if the track isn't looping and there isn't a loop set you can enter a oop with the button. The other way isn't perfect but if you are in a loop you can hit the button and it will retrigger the loop and record the position and size for recall later.

The loop button activates and exits loops, it also has a condition that if the loop size is 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 on exiting the loop it will reloop so you can trigger it back in time with the playing track.

Jump - will jump forward or backward however large the loop size you have is (only in standard sizes) if he size is different it will jump 4 beats.

the shift is activated when pressing the same deck button as you are currently using.

shift functions are
holding shift and using the "pitchbend" buttons will change the pitch (tempo)

if you are in a loop you can press shift and the pitchbend buttons to move the loop position.

To delete hot cues press shift and the appropriate cue button.

BROWSE MODE

the browse mode is enabled by pressing one of the shift buttons and the cue button, in this mode you are able to navigate the folders with the "bend -" and "jump -" buttons, to navigate the songs you can use the "bend +" and "jump +" buttons. To open a folder in the tree you can press the hot loop button. To load a track you press one of the hot cue buttons, to disable browse mode you can press the cue button again or it is automattically canceled when loading a track. The first mapper is 1234, i will modify the mapping so it also follows 3124 in another post if you prefer that layout.

the leds will change in browse mode, the folder, songs and navigation buttons will light up, and the hotcue buttons will light if a song is playing, if a song is paused the led will flash to let you know it is okay to load, if there is no track loaded the led will be off.

EFFECT MODE

To enable effect mode you need to press one of the shift button and press the play button. Once effect mode is active the last row will blink ever 1.5 seconds to warn you it is enabled. When you have an effect active the led will blink quickly.

Effect 1 Moot - runs fairly badly in vdj as it is a resource hungry plugin, to start it needs to either be pressed twice or the button needs to be held before it turns on... Iuse a native vdj one that doesn't have any problems. But if anyone else knows a goot transform gate I will put it in instead of mute.

Effect 2 LFO Filter - this filter is amazing quality, but in this mapping I have tried to restrict it from cutting the sound too much, so it doesn't take over completely, this has a few automations, but basically it will increase the rate of the lfo and the resonance the longer you hold it.

Effect 3 Crusher - sounds great, I have automated a the main sliders to keep the sound moving while the button is pressed, unfortunately as they are automated I am unable to map it so you can leave the effect on as there is a bug in the "repeat" verb preventing it.

Effect 4 tape stop - this is an effect that makes it sound like the track is winding down while you hold the button i have set it so it stops fairly quick.

Effect 5 Stretch - this was going to be the super combo, but unfortunately because it is automated and the repeat verb doesn't work as I want it, this will not stop moving when you release the button, I also mapped in a little light sequence on the cues for when this activates. the mapping for it if you would like to try it is below.

Code:
var 'browse' 1 ? deck 4 load & set 'browse' 0 : var 'effect cues' ? effect 'dblue_stretch' active on ? effect 'dblue_stretch' active off : var 'fx_1' ? var 'fx_2' ? var 'fx_3' ? set 'combo' while_pressed & effect 'dblue_stretch' active on while_pressed & effect 'dblue_stretch' slider 1 60% & effect 'dblue_stretch' slider 3 0% & effect 'dblue_stretch' slider 5 0% & effect 'dblue_stretch' slider 4 5% & repeat 20ms & effect 'dblue_stretch' slider 3 +0.02 & effect 'dblue_stretch' slider 5 +0.008 & effect 'dblue_stretch' slider 4 -0.0003 : down ? effect 'dblue_tapestop' active on & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 1 60% : effect 'dblue_tapestop' active off & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 1 0% & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 2 20% : down ? effect 'dblue_tapestop' active on & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 1 60% : effect 'dblue_stretch' active off & effect 'dblue_tapestop' active off & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 1 0% & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 2 20% : down ? effect 'dblue_stretch' active off & effect 'dblue_tapestop' active on & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 1 60% : effect 'dblue_tapestop' active off & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 1 0% & effect 'dblue_tapestop' slider 2 20% : var 'shift' ? delete_cue 4 : hot_cue 4
If you like Virtual Dj you should buy it as there is many amazing pugins available, but this mapping will work in VDJ Home or LE while you have the pro trial activated.

To install just place the mapper in the mappers folder, and the other file in the devices folder. The effects need to be installed in "plugins --> sound effects"

**Disclaimer - this is untested Including the definition file, please report back with any issues, even if there are none please respond, I will delete this when everything is good.**

Enjoy
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy