The Midi Fighter Twister ideas thread

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: The Midi Fighter Twister ideas threadReply
The Midi Fighter Twister ideas thread
Posted on: 05.11.2013 by Jetta Drenzek
Doesn't seem to be one around, thought I'd start it off.

Looks fantastic all round to me, although I would like to see a demonstration of it used with synth samples as opposed to drums and then the pitch altered, allowing you just get one shots and then alter the pitch yourself. This may be a function already on that wasn't displayed on the drum sequencer demo, but if it's not a feature I believe it would be mind blowingly cool to add into it!
Charline Dye
Ok I did see that in the Spectra manual.
I would like to know how you would go about sending the bank change note message from one MF to another. Would this be possible with just Traktor?
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by midifidler
All the Midi Fighters already have MIDI IN control of the bank selection, which I added for this exact purpose, I'm yet to see anyone take advantage of that though.
Gotcha Good to know that you've already believe of a solution for bank selection using MIDI.

Thanks for your reply.
Adolf Hit
Originally Posted by Stewe
@midifidler - Do you believe the MF banking could be easily shared from one unit to the other ?? Would be cool if we take a Twister and create a mapping that supplements to some of our already existing mappings for Spectra and 3D. This thing would rock!
All the Midi Fighters already have MIDI IN control of the bank selection, which I added for this exact purpose, I'm yet to see anyone take advantage of that though.
Kellie Myrum
@midifidler - Do you believe the MF banking could be easily shared from one unit to the other ?? Would be cool if we take a Twister and create a mapping that supplements to some of our already existing mappings for Spectra and 3D. This thing would rock!
Adolf Hit
@Sambo

For now it is just a drum sequencer, however Ive been playing round with an alternate 3D/Spectra firmware with the intent of making a melodic sequencer as a companion, the big problem here is NI did not make the sample pitch setting MIDI accessible, I created some code which uses the HID functionality to access this, but because it lives several menu's deep in the F1 it takes about 200 ms to reliably alter the pitch. We are hoping we can convince NI to make the pitch midi accessible in a future release, then we can do some seriously cool stuff!

Eitherway feel free to post questions, thoughts, and ideas for the Twister, Ill try and answer quickly!
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by Sambo
Doesn't seem to be one around, thought I'd start it off.

Looks fantastic all round to me, although I would like to see a demonstration of it used with synth samples as opposed to drums and then the pitch altered, allowing you just get one shots and then alter the pitch yourself. This may be a function already on that wasn't displayed on the drum sequencer demo, but if it's not a feature I believe it would be mind blowingly cool to add into it!
not sure youre going to see too many if any demonstration vids for it as its not in a final production stage yet either.

Lets let them get the kinks out first, then we can all master the channels

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy