Turntable FX Button is it possible?

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Turntable FX Button is it possible?Reply
Turntable FX Button is it possible?
Posted on: 12.05.2011 by Wenona Murro
Hey guys im currently trying to map a button on X1 to do a quick turntable stop. I can easily achieve this, but I was wondering if anyone knew a way to map it so that when i press the button it engages and upon release it will completely kill the effect and resume playback instead of starting up like a turntable again. Thanks
Wenona Murro
Originally Posted by KingRichard1st
Canyou make this available to us?
I have a midi fighter, I assume I'll need to alter the midi notes?
Yes, its available in this post: http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...=26573&page=16

Originally Posted by BradCee
could've used transpose...

map a button to decrease, with auto repeat, and then map a reset command on invert. hold it in to wind down, and release to go back to normal. i combine this with reverse grain sometimes...
Yup that would of worked as well.
Wenona Murro
Hey Guys,
If this does what I believe it does, is there a way to get this put into a Instant Gratification variant? I'm just believeing maybe replacing maybe the reverb with this!
The beatmasher buttons and this would make a superb beat breaker!?
I have incorporated this effect to my Launchpad with instant gratification mapping for just that reason. I replaced the lo-fi with the TT Stop fx and it sounds great with the mashers and gates!
Wenona Murro
Originally Posted by EliasBille
Nice!;-) You you nailed that one!
Thanks! I forgot to mention that I run this effect through "Group" and I have adjusted the effect amount to .600 for the effect I was looking for. This effect really sounds great in sequence with some of the instant gratification mapping.
Wenona Murro
Originally Posted by Yul
First you have to know that to work properly you have to set up the fx and wait (I believe) for 8 beats - or is it 4? - (that's the length needed by this specific FX to work properly after being chosen and routed on the deck).

Secondly you'll have to map your button so when it's released you set it up as an invert function (and you'll need to create a modifier that would be your button so you can add the proper modifier conditions) that will either kill (so when released it equals 0) or reduce the D/W (in this case, a decrease function that would repeat itself). It depends on the exact sound and timing you may like.
That's the simplest answer and I hope you'll be able to do that by yourself. If you don't, I'll give you the exact details eventually.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for taking the time with a detailed response sounds like it should work like I want will give it a go in the am, I'll let you know.
Wenona Murro
Hey guys im currently trying to map a button on X1 to do a quick turntable stop. I can easily achieve this, but I was wondering if anyone knew a way to map it so that when i press the button it engages and upon release it will completely kill the effect and resume playback instead of starting up like a turntable again. Thanks
Dion Dazell
Hey, I just got a new midifighter spectra and have been playing around with mapping this effect. I can figure out how to map this effect by itself, but would love to have it on the same mapping with other midifighter instant gratification effects and I'm a bit lost on the more advanced commands that are working in the background.

Ideally, I'd like to replace the play/pause button with a turntable FX stop button but from what I can tell it looks like a mapping similar to FX^2 mapping where you switch between banks of effects is more realistic.

Does anyone with midifighter FX mapping expertise have any ideas here? Thanks.
Tonia Denor
Sorry to dig up old posts but I am trying to get this to work on my cdj 2000 direction toggle switch anyone have any suggestions or ideas?
Wenona Murro
Yes, its available in this post: http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...=26573&page=16

Originally Posted by BradCee

map a button to decrease, with auto repeat, and then map a reset command on invert. hold it in to wind down, and release to go back to normal. i combine this with reverse grain sometimes...
Yup that would of worked as well.
Dorcas Bassignani

Maudie Ellars
Wenona Murro
Hey Guys,
If this does what I believe it does, is there a way to get this put into a Instant Gratification variant? I'm just believeing maybe replacing maybe the reverb with this!
I have incorporated this effect to my Launchpad with instant gratification mapping for just that reason. I replaced the lo-fi with the TT Stop fx and it sounds great with the mashers and gates!
Maudie Ellars
Hey Guys,
Valda Wallisch
I agree! The effect sounds a bit boring when its on its own but when you start to combine it with others you can make cool things happen!
Wenona Murro
Originally Posted by EliasBille
Thanks! I forgot to mention that I run this effect through "Group" and I have adjusted the effect amount to .600 for the effect I was looking for. This effect really sounds great in sequence with some of the instant gratification mapping.
Valda Wallisch
Wenona Murro
Thanks Yul got it working just as you mentioned. With the button engaged I get the quick turntable stop effect, once released it drops back at the current part of the song without any start up. I've heard this effect used with many artists today to include Avicii. Enjoy

http://imageshack.us/f/15/screenshot20110519at104.png/

6 Commands were necessary to achieve this. The settings that work for me are:

Effect 1 Select =Button Direct; Turntable FX
Dry/Wet Group =Button Direct; 1.000
Effect amount =Button Direct; .700 (Adjust this to your stop time liking)
Effect On = Button, Hold
Modifier #1 = Button Direct; Value 1
Dry/Wet Group=Check Invert Box;Change type to Button Direct; 0.000; M1 as Modifier with a value of 1

I also Added the .tsi file so you can check it out!
Maudie Ellars
Hey jhyphinwill,
I'd be very interested how you get on with this! Sounds like a nice effect...
Wenona Murro
Originally Posted by Yul
First you have to know that to work properly you have to set up the fx and wait (I believe) for 8 beats - or is it 4? - (that's the length needed by this specific FX to work properly after being chosen and routed on the deck).

Secondly you'll have to map your button so when it's released you set it up as an invert function (and you'll need to create a modifier that would be your button so you can add the proper modifier conditions) that will either kill (so when released it equals 0) or reduce the D/W (in this case, a decrease function that would repeat itself). It depends on the exact sound and timing you may like.
That's the simplest answer and I hope you'll be able to do that by yourself. If you don't, I'll give you the exact details eventually.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for taking the time with a detailed response sounds like it should work like I want will give it a go in the am, I'll let you know.
Kecia Wnukowski

Hope it helps.
Kiyoko Wellisch
Stop routing the deck into that FX unit?

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy