Virtual DJ - Scripts for Mapping

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Virtual DJ - Scripts for MappingReply
Virtual DJ - Scripts for Mapping
Posted on: 28.03.2013 by Andera Beckendorf
VDJ7 is a pretty cool piece of software. however, the mapping is a little strange. they seem to make it very difficult with the required syntax for scripts.

i'm not a pro at it by any means and i'm hoping to come across someone with more knowledge than me.

i'm looking to map separate controls to separate knobs and buttons on my midi controller. some of these knobs are endless and this too causes me some issues. i've found a way to map the active deck, just not separate decks.

anyone experience this or know what to do? thanks!
Andera Beckendorf
VDJ7 is a pretty cool piece of software. however, the mapping is a little strange. they seem to make it very difficult with the required syntax for scripts.

i'm not a pro at it by any means and i'm hoping to come across someone with more knowledge than me.

i'm looking to map separate controls to separate knobs and buttons on my midi controller. some of these knobs are endless and this too causes me some issues. i've found a way to map the active deck, just not separate decks.

anyone experience this or know what to do? thanks!
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
I know a fair bit about VDJ Script, you can ask me anything you like. Also you need to make a definition file to be able to control leds from the software. I say this because if you are using a properly defined midi controller you would use:

param_greater 0% ? level -1 : level +1
or
param_smaller 0% ? level +1 : level -1

as the decks are stated in the definition file not the mapping

Also I have an MPD24.. how did you change the knobs to operating endlessly? I have only been able to use them in absolute which is really annoying as they spin endlessly but you get a jump whenever you turn them after changing effects.
Andera Beckendorf
SOLVED!!!

after reading up on the VDJ Wiki, and a little bit of trial and error, i've solved the mystery!!

the key is to continue to reference the deck # for each command and not just in the front as posted here.

my dilemma was assigning separate endless knobs to four different deck levels. here's the answer:

param_greater 50% ? deck 1 level -1 : deck 1 level +1

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy