FX Mapping Question

FX Mapping Question
Posted on: 21.03.2013 by Marget Vasilko
I can't seem to figure out how to map a button to activate a specific fx unit to a specific deck. When I'm in 4fx unit mode it'll only let me map deck A with unit 1 deck B to unit 2 and so on. Am I missing something? Can't seem to find a thread on this.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by john titor
Anyone wanna fill me in on the difference between direct and toggle?
Like seriously? It says for itself, at the end you can try it out and see any differences.
Marget Vasilko
Originally Posted by Stewe
From there you pick up the unit you wish to get assigned, set type to button and interaction to toggle, hold or direct depend on the mode you need. Then use deck assignment slot to choose which deck will be affected by that FX unit.

Marget Vasilko
From there you pick up the unit you wish to get assigned, set type to button and interaction to toggle, hold or direct depend on the mode you need. Then use deck assignment slot to choose which deck will be affected by that FX unit.
!
Thank you so much! Knew it had to be something simple... now if I could just figure out the notes to the encoder ring lights I'd be set
Marget Vasilko
Mixer > FX Unit # On
Yep, I got that far. How do I get it to route though? It let's me map a button to it, but the effect bank I choose only activates on the corresponding deck (like it does with the s4. Is there a song or modifier I need to play with?
Marget Vasilko
I can't seem to figure out how to map a button to activate a specific fx unit to a specific deck. When I'm in 4fx unit mode it'll only let me map deck A with unit 1 deck B to unit 2 and so on. Am I missing something? Can't seem to find a thread on this.
Charline Dye
Toggle= push once to turn on, push again to turn off
Hold= push down and hold down to turn on, release to turn off
Direct= push once to achieve pre set action
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by john titor
Like seriously? It says for itself, at the end you can try it out and see any differences.
Marget Vasilko

Kellie Myrum
Maybe this can help: http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=69068

Padi seems to know much about APC40!
Marget Vasilko
!
Thank you so much! Knew it had to be something simple... now if I could just figure out the notes to the encoder ring lights I'd be set
Kellie Myrum
Marget Vasilko
Mixer > FX Unit # On
Yep, I got that far. How do I get it to route though? It let's me map a button to it, but the effect bank I choose only activates on the corresponding deck (like it does with the s4. Is there a song or modifier I need to play with?
Kellie Myrum
Mixer > FX Unit # On
Marget Vasilko
I actually do own an S4, but this question wasn'tformy S4. Much simpler. Recently bought a Z2 (yes, I really do own both... too much money to burn and too little time to spend on the things I burn it on). Anyhow, I hate that the Z2 has only 1 effect knob. Can't control single effects andoly 1 in group mode. I wanted to regain functionality by using my APC40 alongside my Z2 for extra cue points and effects and whatever else I can believe of (transport for deck c and d is nice). Just can't find the right command for the effect bank routing.
Charline Dye
I have always thought it was ridiculous the way they set up the 4Fx mode and limited you to one Fx per deck. The least they could have done was make the LEDs remapable (I don't believe that's a word lol) so we can fix the problem ourselves.
Kecia Wnukowski
You will not have correct LED feed back, and unfortunately there isn't a way to get it.
the overide function option is the good idea, too bad NI oversighted a looooot of things especially on the s4, and it's still full of bugs.
There are some things you are amazed why anyone working on the project would have not realised some of those...
Well, I don't even know why I'm writing that (apart from frustration), there are some obvious bugs that exist since the release of the S4.
Charline Dye
You must be using an S4.

You can override the stock mapping, and remap your Fx 1 & 2. You will then need to make a shift modifier with a different button, and map your Fx 1 & 2 buttons to be 3 & 4 when shift is pressed.

You will not have correct LED feed back, and unfortunately there isn't a way to get it.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy