Mapping for touch OSC for iphone/traktor

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Mapping for touch OSC for iphone/traktorReply
Mapping for touch OSC for iphone/traktor
Posted on: 17.05.2010 by Kandy Ahdoot
just wonderig is there a good custom mapping out for touch osc i am sure someone on this community that one had been created for tsp if anyone has any info or links would be great cheers
Kathaleen Tod
Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk
Yes its possible, and very easy. All the info and everything you need can be found on the Hexler website
Thanks for reply, got it sorted now
Kathaleen Tod
Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk
Yes its possible, and very easy. All the info and everything you need can be found on the Hexler website
Thanks for reply, got it sorted now
Teresia Janusch
Kathaleen Tod
Hey there, I would really like to use TouchOSC with Traktor just to control the channel faders and EQ. Is this possible? Sorry if this is a stupid question.
Darius Lammy
Hey guys ,can anybody help me out with mapping for Wiimote and OSC on my mcabook pro for Traktor pro! That would be just great ,because i can't find information about it...
Peacr
Tyree Schulthies
Very grateful to you for sharing
Tyree Schulthies
Very grateful to you for sharing
Raguel Brumfield
is there a guide for how to connect touchosc on iphone to traktor on a pc? can't find one really or i believe im kinda getting it but i don't have the oscalator file that i believe i need link or file someone? or help in general would be awesome :3
Armando Chrystal
hey im running into some problems

iphone has the files in there they are loaded up
i imported .tsi file in traktor

osculator is loaded up it say port 8000 is already in use can someone help me out i wanna use this toevening when i play out
Gaynelle Garcin
Having problem getting the FX bank to work
Louisa Oberc
I figure that I would add my own TouchOSC template to the thread.

It's currently focused on cue point selection, loop control and beat/loop movement, it also has snap/quantize buttons.

It's basic, and it needs work (I am going to add a shift button under the deck label).

I will expand as I find need to, since I have a bunch of diy hardware midi controllers to use, I have limited uses in mind for TouchOSC until I get my hands on an iPad...

Zip file below contains the TouchOSC template, the Traktor tsi mappings (one for each deck), and a pure data patch.

Deck A sends on channel 6 and deck B sends on channel 7

In the loop control section:
< is Loop IN
> is Loop OUT

Screenshot:
Kindra Oblenis
Hi Arovia, Thanks so much for your template, I cant wait to use it...

1 problem, probably very simple.

I have synced the template to touchosc without problems, and loaded the OSCulator file also. Within traktor I have loaded the .tsi file and selected it, then in the controlled manager 'devices' section selected - "Generic MIDI (All ports, OSCulator in (2111))"

When I click close and then open the controller manager again it has reverted to "Generic Keyboard".

When I move controls on the iPad the 'midi' signal light flashes but the signals don't seem to be assigned to the controls. Also with "Generic MIDI (All ports, OSCulator in (2111))" selected the assignment table remains blank.

Could you shed any light on the potential problem?

Thanks a lot,
Aucky

p.s. this is what i see in traktor (the midi light still flashes on with any control input on the ipad but with no apparent result) http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7...01229at182.png
Kimberlee Giap
I could use some serious help from the TouchOSC gurus from this thread. I was able to create my template using the TouchOSC Editor, & port it to the Ipad. I'm using Windows but have yet to be able to successfully test midi in Pure Data. I used the touchosc2pd script to export the controller to a patch & have edited the Pure Data file as best I can but for the life of me I can't seem to successfully get an osc signal from the Ipad to Pure Data. Would anyone mind taking a look at my patch to see if everything looks ok? Please I really need some help! Thanks!
Monroe Sha
Make a template in TouchOSC Editor and save it then download

http://hexler.net/pure-data-patch-generator

and use it to make a puredata patch assuming you have midi yoke and puradata installed just open up puredata make sure you set the midi to midi yoke 1 and then open your patch you just made and run .

Making your own layout remember to keep in mind the size you may need things on the iPad its alot easier since you have a lot of room but on the iPhone making rotaries or faders to small may make things a lot harder to control.
Suellen Elam
Arovia... any tips for using your TouchOSC layout & mappings on a Windows machine? I'm kinda new to this.
Eulah Tamkin
Great stuff Arovia, so far I'm using the 'simple' template provided by touchOSC, I managed to map one slider and a button next to it to make a 'WOOOSHHH' sound. I used a tutorial provided by Armyofme4340, on youtube. I wish someone would create a template or show what combination effects you could put on and iphone or ipad, since I don't necessarily need a mixer layout due to the s4
Lan Mckemy
Update: Traktor nano for iPhone, Traktor`s 12 for iPad and Kore 2 Controller for iPad up on arovia.se
Lan Mckemy
The TPT 3.0 is now ready to download at: www.arovia.se or here http://www.arovia.se/AroviaTPT3.0.zip

Best regards / Arovia
Jada Caulder
@Arovia
Dude you are the best. Thanks a million.
Lan Mckemy
Hi all! thanks for all the kind words, i`m going to upload my new version 3.0 of my Arovia TPT template for iPad and also on for the iPhone aswell... free of course... the one for iPad will have midi out support so that you can change the faders, fx, play and so on, on your laptop and it will update on the iPad. Also for starting fx1 ( exemple ) on one page it, it will light up on all the other pages aswell.. this will also come to the iPhone template soon..

And for you who stealing my layouts!.. that`s ok =) like alientek said, if you planning to sharing it, please give me some kind of credit, and ask me first..

Best regards / Arovia
Christene Massaro
It is possible to have the complete set up x ipad with traktor thank you very much Savidino
Jack Narva
The Arovia setup was made to fit the iPad's screen size. I can believe of two things you can try if you really like it and want to use it with the iPhone or iTouch.

1 - Try emailing the creator (contact info on his site) and inquire if he has made a version for it, and if not, maybe possibly making one with with less functions as required for external mixing. Some guys are happy to, some cannot be bothered to.

If no, then you could try the following.

2 - I strongly suggest taking a little time to poke around and learn the Touch Osc Control layout editor. By doing this, not only will you be able to get what YOU want, but you would then be able to make a controller for just about anything that can be controlled. It is actually pretty simple to figure out, and the manual is basic to follow. Then I would copy the elements you like from the Arovia layout, and paste and arrange them in a new iPhone sized layout. You can also change the color scheme or text size to better suit. Of course if you plan on sharing this I would get his approval first, and give him credit.

Peace...
Ciera Roarke
Originally Posted by ctrl.alt.crash
@Alientek

I agree that the Arovia map looks fantastic. I only wish there were something as good as this for the iphone! I use traktor scratch with technics 1210's and an external mixer, so my requirement really is centred around effects, cue points, tune-->deck selection and loop control for 2 decks.

I have also downloaded the custom iphone pack from touch-control.com
The thing about the arovia maps is that it is so beautifully labelled and set out, and the ability to see my playlist would be the jackpot. Unfortunately i just cant scale it down! too much stuff!

any ideas for other resources i could check out? I dont know how to create my own maps...

Much thanks in advance

Ctrl.Alt.Crash
Try my mapping, its optimized for 4 decks on the iPhone.

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=18397

Also unfortunately there is no way to display the actual text from a playlist - the arovia mapping is using a fader control to display the position of the cursor within your music library. On a side note the keyboard he implemented is pretty friggin awesome. I dont believe I have room to do that on the iPhone effectively and I already own a keyboard/mouse app that I am using in conjunction with my OSC mapping to do typing in the search bar.
Argelia Kampel
@Alientek

I agree that the Arovia map looks fantastic. I only wish there were something as good as this for the iphone! I use traktor scratch with technics 1210's and an external mixer, so my requirement really is centred around effects, cue points, tune-->deck selection and loop control for 2 decks.

I have also downloaded the custom iphone pack from touch-control.com
The thing about the arovia maps is that it is so beautifully labelled and set out, and the ability to see my playlist would be the jackpot. Unfortunately i just cant scale it down! too much stuff!

any ideas for other resources i could check out? I dont know how to create my own maps...

Much thanks in advance

Ctrl.Alt.Crash
Jack Narva
You should check out these mappings.

http://www.touch-control.com/

Layouts for both iPad and iPhone/iPod. Yes they are not free, but they look and work great! The guy who created these also goes above and beyond with any support needed, and welcomes feedback.

If nothing else they are incredible starting templates if you wanted to change them to suit using the Touch OSC editor.

The best overall I have used yet is from the following.

http://www.arovia.se/

screenshots at

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...highlight=ipad

Great interface, looks sharp, but the browsing/loading page is the best part. It also has a nice little button that will execute a script to simply open/run
Traktor Pro if it is not already running. A nice touch (no pun intended).
Yahaira Manago
FX does not work everything else works great
What should I do?
Portia Washa
I'm looking for a bidirectional way to control the pitch (tempo) faders.

Traktor receives the input from TouchOSC correctly. However, I couldn't find a way to make TouchOSC receive Traktor input.

I'm using the sync function. So, when Traktor automatically changes the tempo of the synced deck, I would like that this changes would be reflected in the TouchOSC faders.

Has someone managed to do this?
Lupe Shehee
I have attached two Touch OSC templates in a zip file. They give you templates for using TouchOSC for both an internal mixer and an external mixer in Traktor.
Page 1 - Mixer page (this is the only difference between the two templates)
Page 2 -Dry/wet for first two FX, dry wet for each FX in chain mode and on/off for each of them
Page 3 - set loops, increase decrease size of loops + slider loop length change for crazy sounds, filters for channel A & B
Page 4 - Browser toggle, select & load to decks A & B

To load the templates you need to download the template editor from here
http://hexler.net/software/touchosc
Then open each of the templates into the editor and sync them to your iphone.
The .tsi attached will match the templates if you are using Osculator as the osc to midi translator and the attached Osculator template (in the Traktor.zip)
Otherwise you will have to remap the messages in traktor using whatever translator you want but this will involve some work for you.
I have used both the templates at a few parties and the work well. Enjoy!!
Kandy Ahdoot
yeah i have that allready so will the template be for the iphone ?
if so if u could let me know how to add the template would be great as well cheers
Cristian Carmona
I can make a template, but you would need to port on a program that does OSC to MIDI
Kandy Ahdoot
that would be amazing thanks.
dont know to much about mac but i use windows would the files still be the same
as i am useing pure data,but thanks for the reply
Cristian Carmona
Yeah I have some for the iPad on my MBP, i can easily make one for the iphone. Give me a couple of days..and send me a PM.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy