Ean's Track Preparation Map Query

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Ean's Track Preparation Map QueryReply
Ean's Track Preparation Map Query
Posted on: 17.03.2013 by Yun Korczyk
Greetings:
I downloaded Ean's track preparation mapping from the site for my Kontrol S2, and decided to play around with it relative to the video instructions.

I'm starting to get it together after a few attempts, but I wanted to get some advice.

The one issue I seem to be having is in regards to the metronome. In the video demonstration, there's the first part where Ean moves the jog wheel to check that the BPM will stay lock. When I do so relative to the metronome, sometimes it sounds locked, other times it's off track. The metronome's consistent throughout, and doesn't seem to adjust itself as I spin the jog wheel. The video makes it look flawless, so I know that I must be doing something wrong.

I also have a question about the beatgrid adjustment. When I make adjustments with the right knob to fix up the beatgrid, when I fast-forward the track, again the metronome is off and I get off-track between the ticks and the metronome.

I'd appreciate any advice that can be offered on how to work these issues out. I feel that eventually the tool will be useful, once I get over the humps.

Thanks a lot!
Velanche
Yun Korczyk
Greetings:
I downloaded Ean's track preparation mapping from the site for my Kontrol S2, and decided to play around with it relative to the video instructions.

I'm starting to get it together after a few attempts, but I wanted to get some advice.

The one issue I seem to be having is in regards to the metronome. In the video demonstration, there's the first part where Ean moves the jog wheel to check that the BPM will stay lock. When I do so relative to the metronome, sometimes it sounds locked, other times it's off track. The metronome's consistent throughout, and doesn't seem to adjust itself as I spin the jog wheel. The video makes it look flawless, so I know that I must be doing something wrong.

I also have a question about the beatgrid adjustment. When I make adjustments with the right knob to fix up the beatgrid, when I fast-forward the track, again the metronome is off and I get off-track between the ticks and the metronome.

I'd appreciate any advice that can be offered on how to work these issues out. I feel that eventually the tool will be useful, once I get over the humps.

Thanks a lot!
Velanche
Penny Lipnicki
Hey community,

I wrote the djtt support the following email a few days ago.
Can you help me out with an answer?!

Dear DJTechtools-team,

I recently watched the Beat grid tutorial and tried to make use of the new knowledge by setting the grids of most of my tracks perfectly.
I started with a song (Landslide - Birds of Paradise (Latino Garage Version)) which was about 133.014 Bpm (Traktor auto detection).
After I adjusted the grids to the right point everything matched really good.
So there is my question: How should I deal with a such a track where everything works pretty good but the Bpm value is such strange?
I mean, there is no point in producing a track with .014 ?!
So, if I simply know these are the wrong bpms but a even number doesnt matches in the same way, what should i do?

I already watched many tutorials about this topic, but unfortunatly I havent found any answer yet.

Thanks a lot,
Farrah Manygoats
For the first part about the metronome, you need to press the cue button next to sync in order to get the deck locked to the metronome I believe. And for your second problem, it sounds like Traktor either incorrectly calculated the BPM (happens sometimes) or you have a song with a tempo change in it somewhere.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy