Cues in Traktor

Cues in Traktor
Posted on: 11.04.2013 by Ellsworth Moroni
I don't know if its the right community for that, here is my question :
I just bought the DDJ-SX, installed the viper mapping on Traktor and was not pleased with the cue feeling. I discovered that the cue bring me not always on the cue point, depending on when I am pushing it...
Is that some ruling of the grid ? Can I bypass that and have the track played strictly on the cue point each time with the grid or do I have to disable the grid ?
For all the eventual answers, how do I do that ?

Thank you in advance for the help.
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Stewe
With Snap and Quantize ON your cue button will always stick to the nearest beat. Could it be that?
This. Snap will place the cue on the grid marker. If your grid is not exactly on the beat then it will be off. Quantize will attempt to "fix" your cue juggling to play back in time. Again if the grid is off, or in the case of quantize your timing is off, it will not sound correct. I would turn off quantize first and see if that helps.
Ellsworth Moroni
I don't know if its the right community for that, here is my question :
I just bought the DDJ-SX, installed the viper mapping on Traktor and was not pleased with the cue feeling. I discovered that the cue bring me not always on the cue point, depending on when I am pushing it...
Is that some ruling of the grid ? Can I bypass that and have the track played strictly on the cue point each time with the grid or do I have to disable the grid ?
For all the eventual answers, how do I do that ?

Thank you in advance for the help.
Ellsworth Moroni
thanks a lot for these indications
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Stewe
With Snap and Quantize ON your cue button will always stick to the nearest beat. Could it be that?
This. Snap will place the cue on the grid marker. If your grid is not exactly on the beat then it will be off. Quantize will attempt to "fix" your cue juggling to play back in time. Again if the grid is off, or in the case of quantize your timing is off, it will not sound correct. I would turn off quantize first and see if that helps.
Kellie Myrum

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy