Mapping the Novation twitch with ableton

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Mapping the Novation twitch with abletonReply
Mapping the Novation twitch with ableton
Posted on: 11.04.2013 by Wynell Muma
Hi guys, I was watching a video from Novation of them using the Novation twitch in conjunction with Ableton and was wondering if anyone else uses this set up and how have they mapped it? I'm not confident enough to map my own to ableton as I'm not going to lie, I'm new to all this stuff and currently just using Serato. Anyway if any other fellow novation twitch users would like to converse with me over this I'd appreciate it

Myles xo
Wynell Muma
Hi guys, I was watching a video from Novation of them using the Novation twitch in conjunction with Ableton and was wondering if anyone else uses this set up and how have they mapped it? I'm not confident enough to map my own to ableton as I'm not going to lie, I'm new to all this stuff and currently just using Serato. Anyway if any other fellow novation twitch users would like to converse with me over this I'd appreciate it

Myles xo
Sook Kitaoka
I suppose you're really speaking about the touchstrips in Ableton, because everything else is pretty easy to map. If you have a Novation Twitch, you should probably consider installing the "Live Twitch Tool" found on your install disk. Ableton Live has a very good MIDI learn function, but it won't be able to guess what you want something to do. That's the tricky part... believe about what you want the control surface to do and how and then learn how it works most effectively, and most certainly TAKE NOTES (on paper or wherever). Mapping is figuring out what someone else did, what you can do and ultimately re-wiring what is for what you'd like. Also, Save your generic settings in someplace you'll never modify them, then copy those to someplace you will modify them and play with multiple versions of of those settings. This is a tricky topic, but it is one that requires some dedication. Almost everyone can do this.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy