Nanopad2 doesn't work with korg kontrol editor

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Nanopad2 doesn't work with korg kontrol editorReply
Nanopad2 doesn't work with korg kontrol editor
Posted on: 25.12.2012 by Mandie Greer
Hi

I bought a Nanopad2 he is connected to my computer and he lights up, but when i open korg kontrol editor he doesn't find my nanopad2, so there isn't music.
Can someone help me please?

Pj
Mandie Greer
euhm i don't get it but i'm using KORG kontrol editor and Configure KORG USB-MIDI Driver and i just have a dj controller, pioneer ergo. but i don't have any problems with that. but my dj controller isn't attached connected.driver.jpg
Mandie Greer
i get a error : failed to open the MIDI port :s
midi.jpg
Mandie Greer
Originally Posted by Stewe
Do you use windows? Close all MIDI apps and plug controller before starting editor.
How do you close them?
First time i'm working with MIDI etc
Mandie Greer
Hi

I bought a Nanopad2 he is connected to my computer and he lights up, but when i open korg kontrol editor he doesn't find my nanopad2, so there isn't music.
Can someone help me please?

Pj
Elizebeth Froemke
I just have bought a NanoPad and had the same problem. I attached the solution applied that worked ok for me (from Korg Support):

You're running into the Windows 10 MIDI device limit. This is widely described at length in various community s and websites (I believe this community as well!). This is exacerbated by the fact that Windows installs different devices for each USB port. In other words, a padKONTROL connected to 3 different USB ports would be recognized as 3 unique devices installed on your computer. Consequently, if you have an audio interface with MIDI connectivity and any other MIDI based devices, you can hit the 10 device limit pretty quickly.

You can either edit your Windows Registry manually (which there are instructions widely available for) to remove duplicate entries or you can use the "Korg MIDI Driver Uninstall Utility" or"Uninstall KORG USB-MIDI Device" in your Start menu to remove duplicate MIDI entries. Be sure to click "Option" and uncheck "Delete Korg MIDI Device Only". This will allow you to uninstall redundant entries for any third-party devices other than Korg that you may have installed on your computer. To be clear, this is not a problem with the Korg driver but rather a limitation built into the Windows OS.

Hope it helps!
Mandie Greer
I reinstalled all, but it doesn't work
Kellie Myrum
You can get some basics first, reading, watching tutorials, it's easy when you're interested. 90% of MIDI problems are already answered out there. But first step is reinstalling device, That's out of MIDI right?
Mandie Greer
but i don't know a thing about midi & i'm just 14 years old so..
Kellie Myrum
Noob alert!
Mandie Greer
so i need to install everything again?
Kellie Myrum
Sound like bad installation. Make sure to install latest driver, ones that come on CDs are mostly outdated. Note that nanopad automatically install driver again when you change USB port and create new MIDI device which are limited to 10 in windows, so in case that you had tried to make it work bay replacing USB port many times the limit may be reached.
Mandie Greer
i just have the controller 2 days and it doesn't work always did it on my laptop
Kellie Myrum
How long this issue appears, meaning did it happen before? Do you plug it always in same usb port?
Mandie Greer
euhm i don't get it but i'm using KORG kontrol editor and Configure KORG USB-MIDI Driver and i just have a dj controller, pioneer ergo. but i don't have any problems with that. but my dj controller isn't attached connected.driver.jpg
Kellie Myrum
Which software, other controllers, MIDI sends. Trying to figure out where is your MIDI lost.
Mandie Greer
What do you mean setup?
Kellie Myrum
Not the editor, MIDI should be sent there. Disable other MIDI apps within OS. What is your setup?
Mandie Greer
i get a error : failed to open the MIDI port :s
midi.jpg
Kellie Myrum
Talking about virtual cables, ports or audio apps. If your unit is still not recognized fill the ticket to korg support.
Mandie Greer
Originally Posted by Stewe
Do you use windows? Close all MIDI apps and plug controller before starting editor.
How do you close them?
First time i'm working with MIDI etc
Kellie Myrum

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy