Toggle Deck between Sample, Track, and Live Input

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Toggle Deck between Sample, Track, and Live InputReply
Toggle Deck between Sample, Track, and Live Input
Posted on: 16.04.2013 by Towanda Roads
Are you able to switch the decks on traktor between their different types? I want to toggle deck c and maybe also deck d to be remix controls but I mix with 3-4 decks normally so I still need to be able to access those decks while throwing in some samples when I want by toggling decks? Is this possible?
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by Patch
Can you use cue points in the Remix Deck Slot?
no thats not possible

Could I potentially use slot 1 of Row 1 as a normal player deck?
no because you have already assigned it to be a remix deck
Therefor you can not have a TRACK deck inside a REMIX DECK

however, what you can do is
set your hotcue points anywhere in the tracks you want (they must be loaded into a track deck (a or b)
at CUE POINT 1, set your LOOP IN
at cuepoint 2, set your LOOP OUT

now you can take that section and assigne JUST THAT to Slot 1 row 1 and trigger it as often as you want

Now goto that same original track
Check your LOOP OUT at cue 2 to a LOOP IN at cue two.
Move ahead in the track to cue 3 and set your LOOP OUT there

Ok now you have another LOOP IN and OUT area.
Snag that, and move it to slot whatever, row whatever in the remix deck

try it on the demo and youll get it
but this most eaisest done using and F1 attached because with theclick of two buttons
you can tell it
Take THIS loop area.... move it to THIS ROW +SLOT
Brunilda Kora
That sounds awesome. So, in theory, in Traktor, in a four deck set-up, you could toggle Deck D between a Remix Deck and a Track Deck?

'Cos I've just bought a Zomo MC-1000 and there is a toggle switch between Decks B and D. So, potentially, I could hit that toggle switch twice and go:

Deck B (always track deck)
Hit toggle switch
Deck D (track deck)
Hit Toggle switch
Back to Deck B
Hit Toggle Switch
Deck D (Remix Deck)

I like the sound of that...

zomo switch.jpg
Chrissy Kynard
Originally Posted by Stewe
Set a modifier in increment mode and add a duplicate of the last value in a row with direct=0. Modifier will loop values in certain range.
Truely are a Minister of Mappings. Thanks for the correction
Chrissy Kynard
Can you assign MORE than 2 items to such a toggle? Or can you only toggle between 2 states?
With respect to Deck Focus Selector, there is not much point (since there is only 3 different decks, using the DIRECT command with the modifiers for three decks would just as easily be done using the TOGGLE command instead).

For other things with more than 3 states, Im not certain that you can directly select which state to go to. If there is a method to do so, it would probably require complex modifiers in addition to the conditional modifiers already described.
Towanda Roads
Are you able to switch the decks on traktor between their different types? I want to toggle deck c and maybe also deck d to be remix controls but I mix with 3-4 decks normally so I still need to be able to access those decks while throwing in some samples when I want by toggling decks? Is this possible?
Brunilda Kora
I believe my toggle idea (track deck/remix deck) gets me where I need to be...
Libbie Orion
Can you use cue points in the Remix Deck Slot?
no thats not possible

Could I potentially use slot 1 of Row 1 as a normal player deck?
no because you have already assigned it to be a remix deck
Therefor you can not have a TRACK deck inside a REMIX DECK

however, what you can do is
set your hotcue points anywhere in the tracks you want (they must be loaded into a track deck (a or b)
at CUE POINT 1, set your LOOP IN
at cuepoint 2, set your LOOP OUT

now you can take that section and assigne JUST THAT to Slot 1 row 1 and trigger it as often as you want

Now goto that same original track
Check your LOOP OUT at cue 2 to a LOOP IN at cue two.
Move ahead in the track to cue 3 and set your LOOP OUT there

Ok now you have another LOOP IN and OUT area.
Snag that, and move it to slot whatever, row whatever in the remix deck

try it on the demo and youll get it
but this most eaisest done using and F1 attached because with theclick of two buttons
you can tell it
Take THIS loop area.... move it to THIS ROW +SLOT
Brunilda Kora
I'm quite sure that when I get Traktor I won't be getting an F1 - so only the top 4 slots of the remix decks will used.

Good to know that whole tracks can be loaded into a single Remix Deck slot! Can you use cue points in the Remix Deck Slot? Could I potentially use slot 1 of Row 1 as a normal player deck? I'm believeing I might use slot 1 as a track deck, if possible...
Libbie Orion
i just set mine as remix decks,
then i just drop an entire track into say Slot 1 column 1
and keep my samples in the other slots which trigger by my F1 or MF3D.
Kellie Myrum
Traktorbible it is
Brunilda Kora
Nice one Stewe. I'm actualy on the look out for a printed manual (see my wanted ad in Buy & Sell once it's been approved) before I get my hands on the demo.

I'm a manual fiend. I have manuals for everything - and they all have Post-it page tabs all over them!
Kellie Myrum
You can dl a demo version from NI and play a bit. It'll allow you to do make some mappings and replicate my parameters I've posted for ya..
Brunilda Kora
I'm just trying to get my head around Traktor mappings (without a copy of Traktor!)

I can map well in Ableton, and I can write scripts in DJ Decks.

But mapping in Traktor? We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto....
Kellie Myrum
Deck B switch:

Add In > Deck Common > Flavor Selector / button-direct-Track Deck

Deck D switch:

Toggling modifier
Add in Modifier 1
Modifier conditions / M1=0
Type of controller-button
Interaction mode-direct
Set to value-1

Add in Modifier 1
Modifier conditions / M1=1
Type of controller-button
Interaction mode-direct
Set to value-0

Add In > Deck Common > Flavor Selector / button-direct-Track Deck [M1=0]

Add In > Deck Common > Flavor Selector / button-direct-Remix Deck [M1=1]
Brunilda Kora
That sounds awesome. So, in theory, in Traktor, in a four deck set-up, you could toggle Deck D between a Remix Deck and a Track Deck?

'Cos I've just bought a Zomo MC-1000 and there is a toggle switch between Decks B and D. So, potentially, I could hit that toggle switch twice and go:

Deck B (always track deck)
Hit toggle switch
Deck D (track deck)
Hit Toggle switch
Back to Deck B
Hit Toggle Switch
Deck D (Remix Deck)

I like the sound of that...

zomo switch.jpg
Chrissy Kynard
Originally Posted by Stewe
Set a modifier in increment mode and add a duplicate of the last value in a row with direct=0. Modifier will loop values in certain range.
Truely are a Minister of Mappings. Thanks for the correction
Kellie Myrum
Chrissy Kynard
Can you assign MORE than 2 items to such a toggle? Or can you only toggle between 2 states?
With respect to Deck Focus Selector, there is not much point (since there is only 3 different decks, using the DIRECT command with the modifiers for three decks would just as easily be done using the TOGGLE command instead).

For other things with more than 3 states, Im not certain that you can directly select which state to go to. If there is a method to do so, it would probably require complex modifiers in addition to the conditional modifiers already described.
Brunilda Kora
Chrissy Kynard
In addition, if you wish to toggle between just the Remix and Track decks, you can use the Modifier Conditions to make it so.

Add in > Deck Common > Deck Flavor Selector > Button: Direct - Track Deck. Condition: Deck Flavor (Deck of Interest) > Remix Deck.

On the same button, map:

Add in > Deck Common > Deck Flavor Selector > Button: Direct - Remix Deck. Condition: Deck Flavor (Deck of Interest) > Track Deck.

This enables the button to switch only between remix and track deck for the deck of interest.
Kellie Myrum
Click on deck header to switch manually.
To map it for button: Add in > Deck Common > Deck Flavor Selector

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy