Anyone tried the 4trak Mapping on VDJ

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Anyone tried the 4trak Mapping on VDJReply
Anyone tried the 4trak Mapping on VDJ
Posted on: 22.05.2013 by Marketta Milazzo
Has anyone here tried the 4trak mapping on VDJ yet?

If so how does it respond.

http://www.virtualdj.com/community s/1643...ark_4TRAK.html
Marketta Milazzo
Has anyone here tried the 4trak mapping on VDJ yet?

If so how does it respond.

http://www.virtualdj.com/community s/1643...ark_4TRAK.html
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
I was going on third hand information regarding the ns6 and 4track mappings being interchangeable. If they are interchangeable in tracktor then they should operate the same in vdj. In regard to the link you should see it if you have a pro registration and are logged in.
Mozella Wankel
Ahh gotcha, where's the mapping? O.o I couldn't locate it on that page, maybe I wasn't looking hard enough haha. I could try giving that a spin and check jog response possibly.

Hi-res MIDI would make a little more sense, because the Traktor mappings for the 4Trak don't exactly look anything special, haha, just a combo of two CC messages.

The 4Trak seems like it's just a NS6 with a FX module bolted on though, and the 4Trak mappings in Traktor will actually listen to a NS6 without any modification. Though I'm not sure if VDJ is any different when it comes to MIDI mappings ._.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
the 4track mapping in VDJ is sort of an unofficial, official mapping as jakovski is VDJ's former hardware expert, now a manager of some kind so there will be nothing missing. It's kind of funny that it isn't hosted on the VDJ community though LOL.

It would be good for a vanilla mapping or a great place to start customising... I had a look at it, the jogs have a resolution of 3600, all the leds are defined including the jogs in dual colours and the effects bar has separate files so it would be recognised as two separate devices. Funnily none of it is HID it's all hi-res MIDI where necessary... I wonder how Native Instruments lock it down?

you wouldn't be able to substitute the NS6 and 4track mappings as they are sending different messages.
Mozella Wankel
You may want to look into a Ns6, since they have a mapping for that. The NS6 will come with ITCH and free support for DJ too, if you're interested in that. Since that have no official support out there for the 4trak, I'd assume it'd be like how the NS6 would currently play on Traktor, meh, because it's running on MIDI not HID.

There's been success in cheating the system and using the 4Trak's Traktor mapping with the NS6, which works beautifully, but I'm not sure if that would work for, say, the VDJ NS6 mapping with the 4Trak, if you get what I'm saying. Since I have a NS6, I'm in no position to test that unfortunately

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy