Mixtrack Redux...once again...but this time with inspiration!

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Mixtrack Redux...once again...but this time with inspiration!Reply
Mixtrack Redux...once again...but this time with inspiration!
Posted on: 03.06.2013 by Mozella Wankel
So I just got a NS6, which has been flippin' awesome and flippin' me out ever since I didn't have to play on a Mixtrack anymore, but yet, I felt some sympathy for the little thing. And since I just got out of school for a bit, I thought I would remake the mapping I had for this thing, for those times where I can't bring around a NS6 (Coincidentally, that'll be in 5 days because I'm going to college, but I digress :P).

It's not much of a crazy mapping, I wanted to simply optimize what this guy could do as a two deck controller, drawing on some inspiration from the NS6's workflow that I've grown to love, a little bit of Serato if that's okay , and some other features devised to test my mapping skills. It's been totally rewritten from scratch though.

I've added two shift buttons, Flux Mode, Loop Rolls (Extremely proud of that!), the ability to use all three Group FX per FX Unit (with LED Indicators so you're not confused), and the ability to toggle FX1 and FX2 freely across both decks. There's also control over Snap and Quantize, as well as an implementation of Super Filter Mode, because I feel like it's the most intuitive way to get a Filter when you don't have an actual Filter knob. Oh, and insidious LED integration throughout (:<.

This is the biggest mapping I've ever made (8 pages! and who knows how many modifiers), but it feels much better to me to work with this mapping than the stock one. Let me know what you believe?

https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1594
Mozella Wankel
So I just got a NS6, which has been flippin' awesome and flippin' me out ever since I didn't have to play on a Mixtrack anymore, but yet, I felt some sympathy for the little thing. And since I just got out of school for a bit, I thought I would remake the mapping I had for this thing, for those times where I can't bring around a NS6 (Coincidentally, that'll be in 5 days because I'm going to college, but I digress :P).

It's not much of a crazy mapping, I wanted to simply optimize what this guy could do as a two deck controller, drawing on some inspiration from the NS6's workflow that I've grown to love, a little bit of Serato if that's okay , and some other features devised to test my mapping skills. It's been totally rewritten from scratch though.

I've added two shift buttons, Flux Mode, Loop Rolls (Extremely proud of that!), the ability to use all three Group FX per FX Unit (with LED Indicators so you're not confused), and the ability to toggle FX1 and FX2 freely across both decks. There's also control over Snap and Quantize, as well as an implementation of Super Filter Mode, because I feel like it's the most intuitive way to get a Filter when you don't have an actual Filter knob. Oh, and insidious LED integration throughout (:<.

This is the biggest mapping I've ever made (8 pages! and who knows how many modifiers), but it feels much better to me to work with this mapping than the stock one. Let me know what you believe?

https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1594
Julia Riedle
I just snagged this mapping today, it looks excellent, and I can't wait to test it out!

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy