VDJ: Need to map seperate channel faders as 50% in 4 deck mode to a button (talkover)

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: VDJ: Need to map seperate channel faders as 50% in 4 deck mode to a button (talkover)Reply
VDJ: Need to map seperate channel faders as 50% in 4 deck mode to a button (talkover)
Posted on: 06.06.2013 by Tonisha Alders
I am trying to map a mic talkover button (with compression and gating effects) to VDJ. Currently I am using the 'volume = x ? then volume = y : else z' type statement. Which works. But only for 1 channel fader. As soon as I add in another channel it breaks the script.

My current 1 channel fader script looks something like this.

'down ? deck 3 effect 'floorfish' active on & deck 3 effect 'blockfish' active on & deck 3 gain_slider +0.5 & deck 3 linein 'mic' & holding & deck 3 eq_high 100% & deck 3 eq_mid 75% & deck 3 eq_low 75% & deck 1 volume 100% ? deck 1 volume 50% : deck 1 volume 0% : deck 3 linein 'mic' off & mic off & deck 3 eq_high 50% & deck 3 eq_mid 50% & deck 3 eq_low 50% & deck 3 gain_slider -0.5 & deck 1 volume 50% ? deck 1 volume 100% : deck 1 volume 0%'

I thought I could get away with pasting the two volume booleans either side of the down : up statement and just change the deck numbers. But this breaks the script. I don't want activedeck because if I am mixing between tracks and want to talkover it will only mute the active deck. I need to drop the volume 50% on decks 1, 2 and 4 whilst leaving the mic channel deck 3 alone. Also if I were to use leftdeck and rightdeck it would also mute the mic channel deck.

Any ideas?
Tonisha Alders
I am trying to map a mic talkover button (with compression and gating effects) to VDJ. Currently I am using the 'volume = x ? then volume = y : else z' type statement. Which works. But only for 1 channel fader. As soon as I add in another channel it breaks the script.

My current 1 channel fader script looks something like this.

'down ? deck 3 effect 'floorfish' active on & deck 3 effect 'blockfish' active on & deck 3 gain_slider +0.5 & deck 3 linein 'mic' & holding & deck 3 eq_high 100% & deck 3 eq_mid 75% & deck 3 eq_low 75% & deck 1 volume 100% ? deck 1 volume 50% : deck 1 volume 0% : deck 3 linein 'mic' off & mic off & deck 3 eq_high 50% & deck 3 eq_mid 50% & deck 3 eq_low 50% & deck 3 gain_slider -0.5 & deck 1 volume 50% ? deck 1 volume 100% : deck 1 volume 0%'

I thought I could get away with pasting the two volume booleans either side of the down : up statement and just change the deck numbers. But this breaks the script. I don't want activedeck because if I am mixing between tracks and want to talkover it will only mute the active deck. I need to drop the volume 50% on decks 1, 2 and 4 whilst leaving the mic channel deck 3 alone. Also if I were to use leftdeck and rightdeck it would also mute the mic channel deck.

Any ideas?

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy