TSI File for Stanton SCS.3D DAScratch Traktor Pro 2

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: TSI File for Stanton SCS.3D DAScratch Traktor Pro 2Reply
TSI File for Stanton SCS.3D DAScratch Traktor Pro 2
Posted on: 04.05.2012 by Roxanne Schaunaman
Hi guys,

I tried to found in all the web any tsi file compatible with the dascratch and traktor pro 2 but I can't find nothing. Could you please help me with that ?

Thanks
Chasidy Heckenbach
Originally Posted by EquaLies
any of you guys still around?
not as much as i'd like to be. my SCS.3D's are in my old place at the moment but i'll try to help if u have some questions etc.
Chasidy Heckenbach
Originally Posted by doombadger
No they do love you to jump through hoops before allowing you to appreciate the empty desolation. It feels like turning up at a barn after driving for hours, following some directions recorded on a rig line only to discover that the party was last weekend and all that's left is a ton of silver noz canisters and the brightly coloured corpses of shrivelled ballons.

Sorry, had a mild flashback there somewhat. lol.
you paint a very tempting picture there

Those files you described are exactly what that zip contains. I do believe a resource for files and documentation of interest and use to the community is a sensible idea. I can't be the only one whose felt frustrated by a basic lack of fundamental information. It's not that it isn't out there as I'm certain it all is, it just seems to be so scattered, fragmented and in some cases, regarded as privileged information. Sites like this are great for the sharing of ideas and the rapid development of the results but as a result they are very hard to search and unless you know exactly what you're looking for it can be almost impossible to find specific information.
probably would be good for quite a few controllers really but i doubt manufacturers would appreciate the info being on someone else's website, else i'd try and do something about it. getting hold of that scs.3d info before tho certainly seemed a lot easier than now... once i have a midimasher device config file for a controller than i don't need the docs - but i know most people would rather read a doc than some LUA code

I just believe people would rather be making music. I know I would.
indeed
Chasidy Heckenbach
Originally Posted by EquaLies
not as much as i'd like to be. my SCS.3D's are in my old place at the moment but i'll try to help if u have some questions etc.
Arletta Thornes
Chasidy Heckenbach
sounds good and agreed that basically a "file browsing" type interface would probably work fine. other problem apart from whether people would contribute is policing it i guess and keeping it in a sane state. and agreed it would only work if other people *would* contribute.

[CONFIG] could get interesting - would need subsections for each app. i'm keeping notes/files in diff dirs for mixxx/traktor/vdj so far.

nice lol re: python and web harvesting - but that's an idea kidding... my python skills are less than minimal, i tend to use perl or php for any web scripting, but i'm open to trying new stuff.
Helene Rummans
Well, I'm believeing the easiest thing is to sort by manufacturer, then by model and finally split into sub catogories containing the file links. First things to put IMO would be [GUIDE], [TUT], [HOW_TO] or similar giving manufacturer and community readme.txt, user guides, first step beginners walkthroughs and other tutorials.

Also having something like [SETUP] or [CONFIG] will clearly show docs that cover first time setup and also examples of more intricate, advanced configurations. The APC40 was epic. Unboxed, plugged in, worked. Booyah. The Saffire Pro24 was slightly different. Only some FW chipsets were 100% compatible and under Win7 64bit the driver only plays nice with the TI legacy FW drivers. Add to that MixControl being less than intuitive and you can see where I'm coming from. Luckily, Focusrite have a decent support page. The SCS.3 was a ballache from the moment it came out the box. Slightly OT but it works well as an example of how very little things often make a very big difference.

Basically, as long as files are labelled using a naming convention agreed by concensus to be informative to veterans and clear to beginners it should be more than fit for purpose. Hell, I've been to ftp pages that just contain a list of cryptically named directories and found more useful data by poking around than I did asking n00bie style 'heeeeelp' questions in the support community . Maybe I'm thick but it took me 2 days of searching just to find the telephone number for Stanton UK support.

I reckon the best bet is to throw it out to the community and see what people believe. A) Do they want it? B) Would they use it? And, most importantly of all C) Would they contribute to it?

Call me a pessimist but quite frankly I don't fancy our chances of sourcing all that material on our own. If I MUST learn Python I'm using it for scripting not web harvesters
Chasidy Heckenbach
i have plenty of server space if u wanted to try out any ideas. i have two dedicated servers of my own at the moment. even if that was only to collect the info together and see what kind of formats worked. as far as actual community software goes tho there really is only one winner, vb, and that's not free. i wonder if a wiki type format would work for something like this... or something more structured that just had a central page per device and/or downloads. not really sure...
Helene Rummans
Definitely. I know there are a LOT of controllers out there in the wild, tried and tested favourites, obscure niche oddities and bleeding edge, four figure, widowmakers but just a quick look at a well known Android development community proves the concept. By keeping an updated index of links to the essentials like guides, tutorials, manufacturer presets and the latest community developments all together in a device specific thread everyone using that bit of kit can find what they need and share what they have. Beginners get support, information and guidance whilst the experienced wizards get to focus on homebrew development.

I must add this is not a criticism of this community or any other (with the odd possible exception, lol) Everything I've learnt in the past 6 months I've only learnt by reading and learning from experiences and collected wisdom of the community. I believe a site dedicated to an index of information would compliment the other community s rather than compete with them.

Or, maybe it's something that could feasibly be worked into an existing website and slowly expand from there.
Chasidy Heckenbach
would be quite some frisbee to get all the way over the rainbow and off to candy mountain tho i have quite a collection of docs, specs and notes for a whole heap of controllers. mostly as i've been interested in their midi specs, not because i actually own the controllers. getting this kind of info together someplace would be a pretty cool idea.
Helene Rummans
Yeah, but what they like and whats legal are two completely different things. If Stanton don't like me giving away the info regarding how to use the gear they've generously sold to their customers for a profit then I'll be quite happy for them to get in touch and cry about it. They can even put their concerns regarding the matter onto a piece paper, put it in a envelope, seal it, fold it up, selotape it to a frisbee and then fling it over rainbow all the way to Candy Mountain. They can all come round my gaff and tell me in person if they like or alternatively they can tell someone that cares.

At the end of the day, if they did this no one else would need to....

...and they know it
Chasidy Heckenbach
No they do love you to jump through hoops before allowing you to appreciate the empty desolation. It feels like turning up at a barn after driving for hours, following some directions recorded on a rig line only to discover that the party was last weekend and all that's left is a ton of silver noz canisters and the brightly coloured corpses of shrivelled ballons.

you paint a very tempting picture there

Those files you described are exactly what that zip contains. I do believe a resource for files and documentation of interest and use to the community is a sensible idea. I can't be the only one whose felt frustrated by a basic lack of fundamental information. It's not that it isn't out there as I'm certain it all is, it just seems to be so scattered, fragmented and in some cases, regarded as privileged information. Sites like this are great for the sharing of ideas and the rapid development of the results but as a result they are very hard to search and unless you know exactly what you're looking for it can be almost impossible to find specific information.
probably would be good for quite a few controllers really but i doubt manufacturers would appreciate the info being on someone else's website, else i'd try and do something about it. getting hold of that scs.3d info before tho certainly seemed a lot easier than now... once i have a midimasher device config file for a controller than i don't need the docs - but i know most people would rather read a doc than some LUA code

indeed
Helene Rummans

Chasidy Heckenbach
a challenge question and a captcha to sign up just so i could see the attachment and still i need my acct approved by a moderator or something - they don't make it easy

just checking my old files and i have 4 spreadsheets for the scs.3d in various formats, 2 images and the pdf. i can upload those to djism.com somewhere if needed. only really bought that domain to use for midimasher and can certainly put other pages/subdomains on it. i don't have any info on the scs.3m tho
Helene Rummans
The docs I have are about all that's up on the Gibson community and they're available here:

http://community .gibson.com/index.php?ap...attach_id=7037 .

They include Excel files showing al the MIDI commands sent by the 3d and the messages sent to it for changing modes and providing LED feedback.

I'm pretty sure you already have all that but until I get all the documentation centralised that is where it can be found if anyone needs it.

C.
Chasidy Heckenbach
Yep I have a hardcopy of the SCS.3d MIDI specs document in front of me. As it happens they've not been too tricky to dig into. It's the 3m and its built in logic presets that are hard to dig up info on. I've worked out some of the SysEx messages by taking the ones in the .bmtp presets and changing the values.
the stanton midi specs seemed to have all the info in i thought for the scs.3d, tho just downloaded a pdf from their site and couldn't see the sysex and led patterns in it - must be a diff doc i guess. didn't realise the scs.3m had different builtin presets, also not sure why it would need them? at least if using something like bomes all that logic could go in there.

Everything will change though once QuNeo arrives
you've ordered one? i do like the idea of one as a slimline 4x4 drum pad, not convinced of the mode where it breaks each pad into 4 but the flexability would be nice. if the feel of the drum pad area pads is comparable to other controllers like an lpd8 or a padkontrol then i may have to get one. the open source firmware is tempting...

i would really like a 4x4 velocity sensitive pad controller that isn't too bulky with led feedback. using them as XY pads for effects would be quite cool too
Helene Rummans
Yep I have a hardcopy of the SCS.3d MIDI specs document in front of me. As it happens they've not been too tricky to dig into. It's the 3m and its built in logic presets that are hard to dig up info on. I've worked out some of the SysEx messages by taking the ones in the .bmtp presets and changing the values.

Everything will change though once QuNeo arrives
Chasidy Heckenbach
@Zestoi: You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Much appreciated. I'd expect you to use midimasher purely on the basis that you made it yourself. It's something I've added to my list of things to look into deeper when I've got a spare minute, along with stuff like multi-touch displays, mobile device audience interaction, python scripting and some strange concept I've heard some people do which apparently is called 'having a life.'?? Sounds over rated IMHO. lol
so not too much on your "too look into deeper" list then? really not sure by the "having a life" item tho

I'm using MT Pro at the moment, really because I paid for it and want to feel I've got my monies worth. Damn you clever community people and your awesome free tools. lol
i can understand wanting to use something you've forked out cash for. that's also why i've been looking into ableton live recently over buying other software as i paid for it but never really used it...

i actually started out wanting to write midimasher because a) midikatapult didn't do everything i wanted for my launchpad and b) i didn't want to pay for bomes and have to run a 2nd bit of software between my scs.3d and main app.

the version of midimasher i'll be releasing soon (a week or two as a guess) will have a much simpler config format than it does at the moment.

The 3m is an amazing little thing but sadly the availability of info is a massive issue which has only been exacerbated by the loss of the old Stanton community s and I'd die of apathy waiting for useful info from the Gibson support. Luckily in the UK we get support though Focusrite Novation who are quite simply, brilliant. I'm piecing it together by trawling old community s and ripping the .bmtp presets apart which, considering I knew nothing about any of this 6 months ago, has been quite an adventure.

Anyway, I'm spaffing piffle now. Cheers for your help and your support.
all the info i needed for the scs.3d was in the pdf download from their site pretty much, led patterns etc. basic midi data u can get by just running a midi sniffer like midi-ox or "dump" from midimasher

and feel free to piffle spaff away
Helene Rummans
@Zestoi: You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Much appreciated. I'd expect you to use midimasher purely on the basis that you made it yourself. It's something I've added to my list of things to look into deeper when I've got a spare minute, along with stuff like multi-touch displays, mobile device audience interaction, python scripting and some strange concept I've heard some people do which apparently is called 'having a life.'?? Sounds over rated IMHO. lol

I'm using MT Pro at the moment, really because I paid for it and want to feel I've got my monies worth. Damn you clever community people and your awesome free tools. lol

The 3m is an amazing little thing but sadly the availability of info is a massive issue which has only been exacerbated by the loss of the old Stanton community s and I'd die of apathy waiting for useful info from the Gibson support. Luckily in the UK we get support though Focusrite Novation who are quite simply, brilliant. I'm piecing it together by trawling old community s and ripping the .bmtp presets apart which, considering I knew nothing about any of this 6 months ago, has been quite an adventure.

Anyway, I'm spaffing piffle now. Cheers for your help and your support.
Chasidy Heckenbach
i can help with the scs.3d system, i don't have a scs.3m.

raw midi messages: http://midimasher.djism.com/lua/devices/scs3d.lua

info on led feedback patterns (and scripts): http://midimasher.djism.com/lua/lib/scs3d.lua

mixxx also has info on the midi messages and scripts to control it: http://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/stanton_scs.3d

i've never used it via dascratch, i use midimasher for all those multiple layers etc when i used it with traktor and the scripts for mixxx also do that themselves.
Helene Rummans
I'm in the process of collecting together all the data and resources I can find regarding the SCS.3 system. Stanton themselves seem to have no desire to move their 'problem child' forward in terms of development and as for Gibson themselves....... well, let's just leave that sentence there shall we? Once I've got the info together I'll be posting dl links everywhere. If anyone has any files or data sheets they feel should be included then let me know. If Stanton and Gibson aren't interested in supporting this awesome little system anymore then we'll bloody well take it out their hands.

And then, quite frankly they can f**k off!

c.
Roxanne Schaunaman
Originally Posted by elliot1106
What's the easiest way for me to upload a file?

inbox me your email and Ill email you the one Im using/ was using?

Stanton made a terrible move deleting their old community without keeping their archives up
Sure bro check your inbox.
Linda Chavda
What's the easiest way for me to upload a file?

inbox me your email and Ill email you the one Im using/ was using?

Stanton made a terrible move deleting their old community without keeping their archives up

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy