Novation Dicer mapping for Traktor Scratch Pro 2

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Novation Dicer mapping for Traktor Scratch Pro 2Reply
Novation Dicer mapping for Traktor Scratch Pro 2
Posted on: 11.06.2013 by Rhonda Daze
I like the mapping offered by djranking s ( http://www.djranking s.com/2010/11/1...aktor-scratch/ ) but as you can see in the comments, it doesn't work as it does in the video, at least not in Traktor Scratch Pro 2. I'm pretty bad at mapping controllers, so could anyone help? Much appreciated.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by austinc
Oh I see now that my posts have appeared, disregard that I posted it twice.

Stewe, thank you so much! The problem was that the effects settings tab was checked and when I unchecked it, everything was fine! I had always used the "add" button at the top to import mappings rather than the "import" button, so I had never seen import settings.
Welcome mate! Rock 'n' Roll

Originally Posted by padi_04
5 to be exact
Gotcha
Nedra Fresneda
Originally Posted by Stewe
That's because of community anty-spam system. Just couple of first posts gets to be approved by moderators. This should be the thing until you pass your newbie title which takes like 5-10 posts
5 to be exact
Kellie Myrum
Sorry for taking a while, I actually posted a reply this morning and it said it was awaiting approval by mods, but then you both posted and mine never did, so maybe it was denied. I don't know, I've never used a community where each post requires approval.
That's because of community anty-spam system. Just couple of first posts gets to be approved by moderators. This should be the thing until you pass your newbie title which takes like 5-10 posts.

I had written a long diagnosis that I don't remember well enough to repeat exactly at the moment. To put it simply, the set cues/delete cues all worked fine except the dicer set to deck B. When I hold down the mode button to delete cues, button 2 stays lit even after I delete the cue. In mode 2, the shift layer for loops works fine, but the top layer turns on the delay instead of the beatmasher, and at wrong values. Mode 3 had some wrong effects and wrong values. Buttons 4 and 5 on shift and top layer didn't do anything, as far as I could tell, but button 5 on both layers lights up.
Cues. Wish I could help here but I'm not familiar with dicer's firmware and different modes it might have... Meaning, is it a firmware thing or a modifier settings? Maybe you could give a bit more input on that subject.

As for effect presets, make sure to import your TSI file using a big IMPORT button in the bottom of preferences window and actually do it twice. See if 'effect settings' tab is check before importing.
Rhonda Daze
I like the mapping offered by djranking s ( http://www.djranking s.com/2010/11/1...aktor-scratch/ ) but as you can see in the comments, it doesn't work as it does in the video, at least not in Traktor Scratch Pro 2. I'm pretty bad at mapping controllers, so could anyone help? Much appreciated.
Kellie Myrum

Stewe, thank you so much! The problem was that the effects settings tab was checked and when I unchecked it, everything was fine! I had always used the "add" button at the top to import mappings rather than the "import" button, so I had never seen import settings.
Welcome mate! Rock 'n' Roll

Originally Posted by padi_04
5 to be exact
Gotcha
Nedra Fresneda
Originally Posted by Stewe
That's because of community anty-spam system. Just couple of first posts gets to be approved by moderators. This should be the thing until you pass your newbie title which takes like 5-10 posts
5 to be exact
Rhonda Daze

Kellie Myrum
Sorry for taking a while, I actually posted a reply this morning and it said it was awaiting approval by mods, but then you both posted and mine never did, so maybe it was denied. I don't know, I've never used a community where each post requires approval.
That's because of community anty-spam system. Just couple of first posts gets to be approved by moderators. This should be the thing until you pass your newbie title which takes like 5-10 posts.

I had written a long diagnosis that I don't remember well enough to repeat exactly at the moment. To put it simply, the set cues/delete cues all worked fine except the dicer set to deck B. When I hold down the mode button to delete cues, button 2 stays lit even after I delete the cue. In mode 2, the shift layer for loops works fine, but the top layer turns on the delay instead of the beatmasher, and at wrong values. Mode 3 had some wrong effects and wrong values. Buttons 4 and 5 on shift and top layer didn't do anything, as far as I could tell, but button 5 on both layers lights up.
Cues. Wish I could help here but I'm not familiar with dicer's firmware and different modes it might have... Meaning, is it a firmware thing or a modifier settings? Maybe you could give a bit more input on that subject.

As for effect presets, make sure to import your TSI file using a big IMPORT button in the bottom of preferences window and actually do it twice. See if 'effect settings' tab is check before importing.
Rhonda Daze

Brunilda Kora
Cheers Stewe. I'm sure I've asked the question before, but I've not been able to test it Traktor.

I'm really after a high level description of how Traktor deals with LED output, and how modifiers can be used to bend the LED output to my own will! ;-)
Kellie Myrum
If my memory doesn't suck I believe you've posted this before?

According to video the dicer LED can be set to display various brightness level. What you need to do is give it it a bit test using some random velocity values under the MIDI range until you find your desired result.

Once you catch up with that I'll post a modifier workaround to make LED change it's color while being on hold.
Rhonda Daze
Mode 1 almost works correctly, but on the dicer set to deck B, when you hold down the mode button to delete cues, the cue 2 light is lit even if there's no point set.

Mode 2's top layer should be beatmasher but for me it's delay, and the values are (starting at button 1) 3/16, 1/8, 1/16, 1/16, and 1/32. The shift layer for loops works fine, the values are right too.

Mode 3's effects (starting from button 1) are delay 1/16, slicer p5, t3delay 1/4, button 4 doesn't do anything, and button 5 lights up and does nothing (but I'm not sure what delay freeze does anyway. On the shift layer it goes delay 1/4, slicer p5, t3delay 3/16, nothing, and the led lights up but still nothing. (Only the 5th button is supposed to light up though)

These are all the effects for the dicer set to deck A. Deck B dicer is exactly the same except in mode 3 the t3delay 1/4 is filter 30 and the shift layer t3delay 3/16 is filter 50.
Brunilda Kora
Hey Stewe - you can download the Dicer Programmers Reference Document over at Novation.com.

A Dicer mapping will be top of my to do list when I get Traktor - my first question will be about LED feedback. My DJ DECKS mapping has LEDs in 3 different states: unlit (when no cuepoint stored) 50% lit, when cue point stored, and lit 100% when the button is pressed and held.

Can Traktor show these 3 different LED states?
Kellie Myrum
Hey austinc,

What seem not to work properly?

I don't have dicers to make an edit of that mapping for you and everybody but maybe I can share a tip or two if you wont to give it a try...

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy