DJTT S2 JogFX Map question

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: DJTT S2 JogFX Map questionReply
DJTT S2 JogFX Map question
Posted on: 14.06.2013 by Enrique Stilo
Yo, guys. First post here. Go easy on me? ;-)

I've been DJing for a few months with my S2, just using the standard mapping in Traktor. I wanted to try and expand a little bit, so I installed the JogFX mapping for my S2. I like it a lot. No problems with the install or running it or anything. The question I have, though, is that the effects macros are different than what Ean uses in the video. They're actually kind of boring (3 sets with essentially the same kind of build up sound kind of defeats the purpose, in my mind). So anyway, I thought I would mix it up, add a gater+beat masher one, some other stuff- play around until something sounds good. The problem is it seems that the effects macros are hardwired in to the mapping? Or am I missing something obvious? I'll set the three effects to what I want, but then if I turn the JogFX off and on again, or if I change to another of the presets, it goes back to the default, boring settings. Do I have to rework the mapping in order to get the sounds that I want, or am I missing something obvious? Thanks,

-STRFOX
Enrique Stilo
Yo, guys. First post here. Go easy on me? ;-)

I've been DJing for a few months with my S2, just using the standard mapping in Traktor. I wanted to try and expand a little bit, so I installed the JogFX mapping for my S2. I like it a lot. No problems with the install or running it or anything. The question I have, though, is that the effects macros are different than what Ean uses in the video. They're actually kind of boring (3 sets with essentially the same kind of build up sound kind of defeats the purpose, in my mind). So anyway, I thought I would mix it up, add a gater+beat masher one, some other stuff- play around until something sounds good. The problem is it seems that the effects macros are hardwired in to the mapping? Or am I missing something obvious? I'll set the three effects to what I want, but then if I turn the JogFX off and on again, or if I change to another of the presets, it goes back to the default, boring settings. Do I have to rework the mapping in order to get the sounds that I want, or am I missing something obvious? Thanks,

-STRFOX
Enrique Stilo
That is really unfortunate. I'm sure this is something that gets talked about often, but I map controllers all the time in Logic (which I use for non DJ recording etc) because their mapping setup is extremely simple to operate. Traktor, on the other hand... Beastly. Anyway, thanks for the info. I'll just trudge along, then.

-STRFOX
Kellie Myrum
All effect presets in custom S2 are defined by mapping. Effect selector are commands you're looking for but I must say this wont be an easy task if you're mapping newbee.

Welcome to community s,

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy