Just WTF is the deal with Traktor remix decks and mapping slots??

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Just WTF is the deal with Traktor remix decks and mapping slots??Reply
Just WTF is the deal with Traktor remix decks and mapping slots??
Posted on: 17.06.2013 by Leoma Larouche
I've used many different DAW and DJ softwares and figuring out how to do MIDI assignments is a two-minute job, yet I can't figure out how to assign a pad on my KORG padKONTROl to trigger a sample slot in a remix deck. Is this even possible?

After two hours of futile attempts, I am forced to come here for help from you Traktor wizards. Any advice would be much appreciated!
Armando Waithour
Originally Posted by Stewe
Personally, I believe NI will never unlock full remix deck mappings and that they'll keep this trend when it comes to adding new features which are tightly integrated only to their hardware.
Hope they will open it to midi when they release TP3. *fingerscrossed*
Leoma Larouche
I've used many different DAW and DJ softwares and figuring out how to do MIDI assignments is a two-minute job, yet I can't figure out how to assign a pad on my KORG padKONTROl to trigger a sample slot in a remix deck. Is this even possible?

After two hours of futile attempts, I am forced to come here for help from you Traktor wizards. Any advice would be much appreciated!
Leoma Larouche
There's no reason for them to NOT unlock this. Everything else is mappable. I believe the Kontrol F1 is a wonderful controller I just don't want to buy one now because I already have a similar device with buttons and pretty lights.

Plus NI could have chosen to make Traktor exclusive to their S2/S4 controllers, but they didn't, so it makes no sense. I have been looking at IL Deckadance which can trigger samples and host VST plugs, trouble is it doesn't have LED feedback which is quite necessary especially in a dark place.

At the moment if I want to trigger samples I load them into Battery separately, i.e. no MIDI sync so this approach is no good for loops that need to be fired to-the-beat to sound good.

There is probably a way to MIDI sync a DAW e.g. Ableton Live and Traktor, I'll have to look into that, but it's clearly a half-assed approach.
Armando Waithour
Originally Posted by Stewe
Personally, I believe NI will never unlock full remix deck mappings and that they'll keep this trend when it comes to adding new features which are tightly integrated only to their hardware.
Hope they will open it to midi when they release TP3. *fingerscrossed*
Rufus Ondrick
i thought it was just me . thats why so thats why remix decks wont work on my mpd26 hah
Emelina Chillson
Native Instruments hates us. /lock thread.
Brunilda Kora
I still can't believe that there is not a software hack (midi conversion???) that will convert standard midi to whatever the hell Traktor uses for Remix Decks...
Kellie Myrum
Ashlyn Gaulrapp
I would like to know if this is possible as well :P

I have the APC40 and it'has so much potential with the Remix Decks... Native Instruments should really do something and make it possible to map to other controllers as well. Let me know if this changes!
Kellie Myrum
Well it's possible to map out the first sample row in each remix deck...

The question is do you want to make loop or trigger samples?
Armanda Yankauskas
Not possible... remix decks are exclusive to the f1 and midifighter 3d I believe
Leoma Larouche
Apparently this is not possible, as I read elsewhere on this community . Well, what a load of cr*p.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy