How can I find how to assign functions to the click in rotary knobs?

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: How can I find how to assign functions to the click in rotary knobs?Reply
How can I find how to assign functions to the click in rotary knobs?
Posted on: 12.06.2013 by Shaquana Wesselhoff
I've got an Edirol PCR M1 here that I've assigned some keys knobs and faders for use in traktor pro 2.

I'm currently trying to find a way to assign the click (zero position?) in the rotary knobs to on/off functions for the FX Units similar to what the DJTT crew did for the filter knobs on the Vestax VCI 100 mapping, but can't for the life of me find any way to do this.

In fact, I'm having trouble even finding which midi note applies to what on this midi keyboard, not a lot to go on on the manual or anything.

Is there any way that I can set up some kind of parameter that would allow me to use the click on these knobs as FX Unit on and then assign turning the knob to the left as Dry/Wet?
Shaquana Wesselhoff
I've got an Edirol PCR M1 here that I've assigned some keys knobs and faders for use in traktor pro 2.

I'm currently trying to find a way to assign the click (zero position?) in the rotary knobs to on/off functions for the FX Units similar to what the DJTT crew did for the filter knobs on the Vestax VCI 100 mapping, but can't for the life of me find any way to do this.

In fact, I'm having trouble even finding which midi note applies to what on this midi keyboard, not a lot to go on on the manual or anything.

Is there any way that I can set up some kind of parameter that would allow me to use the click on these knobs as FX Unit on and then assign turning the knob to the left as Dry/Wet?
Shaquana Wesselhoff
Sorry for the late reply, bit mad at work!
thats a damn shame, memory lane did just notify me that these features became available with FW 1.3
Oh well, I'll have to find another way to get multiple functions, this isn't the easiest controller to map I believe, plus two of the knobs annoyingly conflict with each other (perform the same function despite having different notes)

then again I just ordered a pair of Xone K2's so will probably post a decent mapping on them as soon as I have something worthwhile.

Thanks for the info
Kellie Myrum
Sorry mate, I quite didn't catch note-on / note-off part using center detent. It's something traktor can't emulate using the mapping, isn't like DJTT wouldn't go for fancy firmware update if software could already make it happen.
Shaquana Wesselhoff
@djstifffy Basically (If you ever tried the VCI 100 Mappings) I want the knob to work as a FX Unit or and dry wet at the same time. As far as I have gathered, when the knob is at 0 (centre click) you can assign that as a command, then turning the knob to the left or right can be assigned to another command. I want that center click to be FX Unit on/off, then turning the knob to the right to be FX Dry/Wet.

@Stewe could you elaborate?
Kellie Myrum
I believe you're looking for button (hold type) command.
Loralee Erban
What do you want to do exactly?? when the knob is in the 0 position you want it to turn on and effect??

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy