How does one map blinking LEDs?

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: How does one map blinking LEDs?Reply
How does one map blinking LEDs?
Posted on: 23.06.2013 by Wilhelmina Sumbry
Was wondering how you can map 1 led to blink when pressed(toggle)?
Wilhelmina Sumbry
Originally Posted by CountenanT
Forget everything I've said, I've just tried it out and it doesn't work.
Thought so. But nerver mind Buddy. Stil used what I learned from u to map some other cool stuff.

So thanx a million
Wilhelmina Sumbry
On the "Out" mapping, where it says "controller range 0 - 1" at the bottom. Change it to 1 - 1, and try that. The theory is that 0 means off/false and 1 means on/true. So if it's set to 1 - 1, it should only flash when the button is "on".
I'm not sure as I can't test it out right now, but will later when I get chance and get back to you.
hmm...maybe in theory.

but i dont seam to get it blinking =(
Wilhelmina Sumbry
Map your button to Add Out > Beat Phase. This will make the LED constantly flash to the beat. Then, if you change the controller value from 0 - 1 to 1 - 1, it should only flash when you press it, then stop when you press it again, in theory. I'll try it and get back to you.
Controller value?? where on out or in ?
Wilhelmina Sumbry
Map your button to Add Out > Beat Phase. This will make the LED constantly flash to the beat. Then, if you change the controller value from 0 - 1 to 1 - 1, it should only flash when you press it, then stop when you press it again, in theory. I'll try it and get back to you.
Worked ! but the idea is that when Deck A is selected by pressing the botton, its should blink. but it only blinks when deck is playing =( when i prep the track i move and zoom...so i dont keep the track playing.

Is there anyway to get this going? hope i explain myself good enough.
Wilhelmina Sumbry
Originally Posted by Stewe
It pretty much is

Do you want to have it flashing in a separate dedicated button or you wish that beat phase share LED output with some other command?

For i.e. I got my button lite in red while deck is stopped and once track is on play the button starts flashing green until it's stopped again where LED color turn back to red.
It pretty much is

Do you want to have it flashing in a separate dedicated button or you wish that beat phase share LED output with some other command?

For i.e. I got my button lite in red while deck is stopped and once track is on play the button starts flashing green until it's stopped again where LED color turn back to red.
Sounds great.

So many questions haha.

Im making a preparation mapping for the x1. and mapped 3rd botton(original fx 3rd botton) and its paralell one to deck focus A or B.
was wondering how i could get the light to blink while exaple deck focus A i on(selected) and vise versa when i i press the B botton.
Wilhelmina Sumbry
From your sig I assume you're running traktor.

Add Out > Deck Common > Beat Phase

Tweak controller range values to time LED flashing to the beat.
Thanx buddy seams easy
Wilhelmina Sumbry
Was wondering how you can map 1 led to blink when pressed(toggle)?
Wilhelmina Sumbry
Thought so. But nerver mind Buddy. Stil used what I learned from u to map some other cool stuff.

So thanx a million
Yu Santellano
Kellie Myrum
Jay,

Check out the default X1 mapping. You'll find necessary velocity min/max values which play nice with your X1.

Simply use same LED options for your prep tool.
Wilhelmina Sumbry
On the "Out" mapping, where it says "controller range 0 - 1" at the bottom. Change it to 1 - 1, and try that. The theory is that 0 means off/false and 1 means on/true. So if it's set to 1 - 1, it should only flash when the button is "on".
I'm not sure as I can't test it out right now, but will later when I get chance and get back to you.
hmm...maybe in theory.

but i dont seam to get it blinking =(
Yu Santellano
Wilhelmina Sumbry
Controller value?? where on out or in ?
Wilhelmina Sumbry
Worked ! but the idea is that when Deck A is selected by pressing the botton, its should blink. but it only blinks when deck is playing =( when i prep the track i move and zoom...so i dont keep the track playing.

Is there anyway to get this going? hope i explain myself good enough.
Yu Santellano
Wilhelmina Sumbry
It pretty much is

It pretty much is

Sounds great.

So many questions haha.

Im making a preparation mapping for the x1. and mapped 3rd botton(original fx 3rd botton) and its paralell one to deck focus A or B.
was wondering how i could get the light to blink while exaple deck focus A i on(selected) and vise versa when i i press the B botton.
Kellie Myrum
It pretty much is

Wilhelmina Sumbry

Thanx buddy seams easy
Kellie Myrum

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy