Can someone explain to me what happened with the MF3D LED mappings?

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Can someone explain to me what happened with the MF3D LED mappings?Reply
Can someone explain to me what happened with the MF3D LED mappings?
Posted on: 23.06.2013 by Mira Sabia
Hey, I used to be able to map LED behaviors (i.e. cycling and flashing) using the velocity values described in the MF3D manual. Since updating the firmware, velocity values between 0-127 now just map the LED to different colors over the RGB spectrum. It seems channel 4 now maps out LED behavior, but I don't see any documentation anywhere of how this works. Did a quick community search and didn't find anything either.

From experimenting, it seems velocity values 34-49 map out LED cycling patterns. Beyond that, I'm not sure what else has changed.

Is there an updated manual or documentation of how to use this anywhere? Thanks in advance.
Nohemi Arguedas
Originally Posted by Stewe
So if channel 4 take care of the colors did you try to map animation in channel 5?
In the past, both colors and animations were mapped on channel 3. After upgrading my firmware i noticed my mapping was acting all funky. Now, it seems colors are mapped on channel 3 and [some] animations are now mapped on channel 4. Not sure about the rest of the channels. Ill have to go back and see if the other channels do anything and hopefully figure out where some of the other mapping are now...hmm
Mira Sabia
Hey, I used to be able to map LED behaviors (i.e. cycling and flashing) using the velocity values described in the MF3D manual. Since updating the firmware, velocity values between 0-127 now just map the LED to different colors over the RGB spectrum. It seems channel 4 now maps out LED behavior, but I don't see any documentation anywhere of how this works. Did a quick community search and didn't find anything either.

From experimenting, it seems velocity values 34-49 map out LED cycling patterns. Beyond that, I'm not sure what else has changed.

Is there an updated manual or documentation of how to use this anywhere? Thanks in advance.
Nohemi Arguedas
ahh ok, makes enough sense. Thanks for the info, Cheers!
Kellie Myrum
Super cool. All Spectra mappings should work for the 3D as well.
Mae Penquite
Since the Update the MF3D behaves like the MFSectra so they are compatible now.
Here you can see how to map the LEDs (Page 8 & 9)
Nohemi Arguedas
Originally Posted by Stewe
So if channel 4 take care of the colors did you try to map animation in channel 5?
In the past, both colors and animations were mapped on channel 3. After upgrading my firmware i noticed my mapping was acting all funky. Now, it seems colors are mapped on channel 3 and [some] animations are now mapped on channel 4. Not sure about the rest of the channels. Ill have to go back and see if the other channels do anything and hopefully figure out where some of the other mapping are now...hmm
Kellie Myrum

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy