Mapping FX to different Decks - Is there a shortcut?

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Mapping FX to different Decks - Is there a shortcut?Reply
Mapping FX to different Decks - Is there a shortcut?
Posted on: 22.06.2013 by Oralee Zaber
Hey guys,

I'm remapping my Kontrol F1 for FX usage. I started to map commands for Deck A. So far, so good.
Now things getting tricky. What to do if I wann use these FX for different Decks and Deck Combinations?
There are so many combinations, there are not even enough modifier states to select all the different deck combinations.

FX on Deck A only
FX on Deck B only
FX on Deck C only
FX on Deck D only
FX on Deck A & B
FX on Deck A & C
FX on Deck A & D
FX on Deck B & C
FX on Deck B & D
FX on Deck C & D
FX on Deck A & B & C & D
= 11 combinations

Is there any way I could at least duplicate all my settings for deck A and route them to another deck with a single click?

I can't map out all these combinations, it would take months...

Your thoughts are appreciated.
Kellie Myrum
Take a look in to my TSI file. It contain all commands to make this work - you just need to re map it for your controller and test it out. Once you got it all wrapped out go ahaid and try replicating to your mapping.

unit selector focus.tsi
Oralee Zaber
Hey guys,

I'm remapping my Kontrol F1 for FX usage. I started to map commands for Deck A. So far, so good.
Now things getting tricky. What to do if I wann use these FX for different Decks and Deck Combinations?
There are so many combinations, there are not even enough modifier states to select all the different deck combinations.

FX on Deck A only
FX on Deck B only
FX on Deck C only
FX on Deck D only
FX on Deck A & B
FX on Deck A & C
FX on Deck A & D
FX on Deck B & C
FX on Deck B & D
FX on Deck C & D
FX on Deck A & B & C & D
= 11 combinations

Is there any way I could at least duplicate all my settings for deck A and route them to another deck with a single click?

I can't map out all these combinations, it would take months...

Your thoughts are appreciated.
Kellie Myrum
Awesome!

I couldn't imagine my mapping with out this selectors
Oralee Zaber
Oh man, seems I was way too long on the computer yesterday. It's so easy... I was believeing way too complicated.
You were totally right, there's absolutely no modifier needed
Kellie Myrum
If both macro buttons have individual FX preset commands then yes.
Oralee Zaber
lol than I don't understand it even less.

Let's say button 1 activates macro 1 (deck A effects on - B,C,D off)
button 2 activates macro 2 (deck b effects on - A,C,D off)
If I know wanna combine these macro 2 would overwrite macro 1 settings, wouldn't it?
Kellie Myrum
Modifier is there just to say when will ether be selected direct or toggle type selection. But actual switching has got no modifiers involved.

Direct: M1=0
Toggle: M1=1
Oralee Zaber
I understand that your "deck a" button activates the fx units for deck a and disables the units for deck b to d at the same time.
But I don't understand how you combine them with that little modifiers.
Kellie Myrum
That's bad to hear... I'll take the TSi i've posted and label each command so you can know to which deck selector button it need to be mapped to if you want to give it a second attempt.
Oralee Zaber
Just don't get it. Thanks for your help though.
Kellie Myrum
Take a look in to my TSI file. It contain all commands to make this work - you just need to re map it for your controller and test it out. Once you got it all wrapped out go ahaid and try replicating to your mapping.

unit selector focus.tsi
Oralee Zaber
This looks good, but I just don't get how to set it up. Sorry dude, I'm not a noob in mapping but this is driving me crazy...
Kellie Myrum
You were clear. What I suggested was something to make it work more simpler and same effective. It does take only one shift modifier which toggles all units on/off for that deck.

Oralee Zaber
Maybe I wasn't clear enough, I don't try to route all fx units to a certain deck.

Let me explain it a little more detailed.

I use FX 1 & 3 for deck a & c
and FX 2 & 4 for deck b & d

means I have the fx on the left side corresponding with the decks on left side and visa verse. That's my way to keep track of my setup.

Now I map 16 different FX and Macros to the pads of my F1. At this point, if I hit a pad, Traktor knows I wanna fire up an effect but it's not knowing on which deck I wanna use it.

To achieve this I wanna map the 4 mute buttons as modifiers.

Mute Button 1 = m1= 1 = FX Units 1 and 3 activated on Deck A
Mute Button 2 = m1= 2 = FX Units 1 and 3 activated on Deck C
Mute Button 3 = m1= 3 = FX Units 2 and 4 activated on Deck B
Mute Button 3 = m1= 3 = FX Units 2 and 4 activated on Deck D

Now here's tricky part:
Let's say I want to use a beatmasher on deck A and B at the same time with a hit on a single pad. Therefore I need a second modifier (= shift button)

So it would be
Shift + Mute Button 1 = m2=1 + m1=5 = FX Units 1 and 3 activated on Deck A + FX Units 2 and 4 activated on Deck B

So here are two questions:
1. As I mentioned before, to cover all possible deck combinations I would need up to 11 modifier states, which is not possible - What to do?

2. Let's say I mapped a macro with 5 functions on a pad and assigned it to deck a. Do I really need to duplicate line by line and reassign modifiers and decks? Imagine the huge amount of lines to cover 11 modifier combinations...
Kellie Myrum
Hey mate,

Far as I can imagine there are two methods to create "smart FX routing" using traktor mapping. One would be accessing and selecting all four units to one deck directly leaving other three decks disengaged and second method would be by using a modifier which is set to route the unit buttons to any deck when you actually hit the FX ON button. Both are using only four buttons.

#1:

Here's example of how it works for deck A selector button. When you hit this button multiple things are happening:

Unit 1,2,3,4 on / button-direct / value=1 (deck A)
Unit 1,2,3,4 on / button-direct / value=0 (deck B)
Unit 1,2,3,4 on / button-direct / value=0 (deck C)
Unit 1,2,3,4 on / button-direct / value=0 (deck D)
etc...

Now I don't say this will be easy job but once you are finished with this it would be a shortcut

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy