Wasn't sure how to search for this but....

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Wasn't sure how to search for this but....Reply
Wasn't sure how to search for this but....
Posted on: 24.06.2013 by Loralee Erban
If someone knows a page with this already asked, I am sorry.

I am looking to create a "transform" button in Traktor 2, I believe that is what it is called.

I basically want to create 2 buttons, one for each deck so when the cross fader is all the way over to B ... I quickly tap this button and it will centre the cross fader and then return the cross fader when released (I know this would be a LOT easier if my controller had a "note off" midi message) but does anyone know how to do this.

I believe I might map it to my midi fighter spectra if that helps at all.

Thanks in advance, S.Power.
Federico Vilas
Originally Posted by dj stifffy
Haha its actually "Mr Stiffy" but when I asked for a name change on this they gave me "dj" ... have always been stuck with the name stiffy as it evolved from Steven as a kid and people just got to know it.
Haha...no worries... Not like my name is any greater...
Loralee Erban
When I tested this earlier it was using my laptop keyboard and that works perfectly. The EXACT same mapping with my midi fighter does not work.... it just goes ALL the way left or right and doesn't return to the centre for some reason.
The use of a modifier seemed to fix this for me actually.... m1 on hold for the button = m1-1 .... then m1-1 for the inc or dec and m1-0 for the reset
Loralee Erban
Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL
I really hope your real Dj name is not stiffy... It's not as bad as djdickinyourmouth but still would suggest changing it

Haha its actually "Mr Stiffy" but when I asked for a name change on this they gave me "dj" ... have always been stuck with the name stiffy as it evolved from Steven as a kid and people just got to know it.
Loralee Erban
If someone knows a page with this already asked, I am sorry.

I am looking to create a "transform" button in Traktor 2, I believe that is what it is called.

I basically want to create 2 buttons, one for each deck so when the cross fader is all the way over to B ... I quickly tap this button and it will centre the cross fader and then return the cross fader when released (I know this would be a LOT easier if my controller had a "note off" midi message) but does anyone know how to do this.

I believe I might map it to my midi fighter spectra if that helps at all.

Thanks in advance, S.Power.
Federico Vilas
Haha...no worries... Not like my name is any greater...
Kellie Myrum
Release button action for the MIDIfighter:

Add command > Set to fader > Check Invert > Change to button > Set interaction to direct > Add value
Loralee Erban
When I tested this earlier it was using my laptop keyboard and that works perfectly. The EXACT same mapping with my midi fighter does not work.... it just goes ALL the way left or right and doesn't return to the centre for some reason.
The use of a modifier seemed to fix this for me actually.... m1 on hold for the button = m1-1 .... then m1-1 for the inc or dec and m1-0 for the reset
Loralee Erban
Oralee Zaber
You're welcome. Let me know if you have any trouble.
Loralee Erban
Thanks very much will try that

Thanks a lot, worked exactly how I wanted
Oralee Zaber
I edited the first post, now it's jumping back to position
Loralee Erban
Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL
I really hope your real Dj name is not stiffy... It's not as bad as djdickinyourmouth but still would suggest changing it

Federico Vilas
Loralee Erban
Will it return to the cross fader position after it is released to make it easy to scratch?

Thanks for the reply.
Oralee Zaber
Deck A

Add in -> Mixer -> X-Fader -> Position
Learn your button
Type of controller: Button
Interaction Mode: Reset

Duplicate this
Learn same button again
Interaction Mode: Decrease
Resolution: Switch
Autorepeat
Invert

Duplicate both for your Deck B button
change Interaction Mode: Decrease to Increase to make the fader jump to the right side.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy