Help with TouchOSC mapping in Traktor - my jog wheels are glitchy!

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Help with TouchOSC mapping in Traktor - my jog wheels are glitchy!Reply
Help with TouchOSC mapping in Traktor - my jog wheels are glitchy!
Posted on: 25.06.2013 by Marvella Henage
Hey all,
I'm an experienced mapper, so this comes as a surprise - maybe its just something in touch OSC? It's the simplest of things - I mapped two large encoders as Value: Control Change on the OSC side of things, and on the Traktor side as Jog Turn, Encoder, Relative, 3fh with a low sensitivity for track search/needle dropping.

But regardless of whether the jog turn command is mapped or deleted, whenever i touch the encoder, it acts like a hold button that maxes out the pitchfader to a down/fast position, and when i release it bounces all the way up to the other extreme. So a track can be playing at its original pitch, then if i try to nudge the track CDJ style, as soon as i touch the encoder, superfast then superslow.

The pitchfaders and the jog wheels are definitely NOT the same midi CC number, so i've ruled that out.

What am i missing here? Should i have made the encoders Touch: Control Change or something else like that?

Thanks,
Fish
Marvella Henage
Hey all,
I'm an experienced mapper, so this comes as a surprise - maybe its just something in touch OSC? It's the simplest of things - I mapped two large encoders as Value: Control Change on the OSC side of things, and on the Traktor side as Jog Turn, Encoder, Relative, 3fh with a low sensitivity for track search/needle dropping.

But regardless of whether the jog turn command is mapped or deleted, whenever i touch the encoder, it acts like a hold button that maxes out the pitchfader to a down/fast position, and when i release it bounces all the way up to the other extreme. So a track can be playing at its original pitch, then if i try to nudge the track CDJ style, as soon as i touch the encoder, superfast then superslow.

The pitchfaders and the jog wheels are definitely NOT the same midi CC number, so i've ruled that out.

What am i missing here? Should i have made the encoders Touch: Control Change or something else like that?

Thanks,
Fish
Delinda Canant
I am having a similar issue with mapping knobs/faders. They aren't the same midi number, it leaves me confused - so I just posted my question on this community .

If you find out the solution, please send me a PM. I will do the same thing, as I really want to get this thing working really tight!

Good Luck.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy